Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A highly profitable Bitcoin investment platform --- HalleyBTC  (Read 6356 times)
halleybtcwhistleblower

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:33:31 PM

it found a  keylogger and some other crap from there site

Can you corroborate that allegation and provide specific details for others who are presumably infected? Don't get me wrong, I think the person(s) running this scheme are beyond despicable and I wouldn't put it past them, but I don't think making allegations helps our cause. The fact that zeushash a/k/a/ halleybtc are scamming people should be reason enough for people to stay clear. The links in your signature do not add credibility to your claim imho.

This person(s) behind halleybtc are cearly highly intelligent & motivated; it is a shame they aren't doing something productive with their time. They could easily generate money in an ethical way that genuinely helps their fellow man

Fwiw, it seems our next scheme may be called OXbtc
https://github.com/AaronTsui

They posted the above on a public repository so I have no problem sharing that link. I have found this persons employer (current & former) and a lot more information, but won't divulge that here without concrete information that they are responsible for operating this. At the very least, they are certainly responsible for some or all of the programming.

Whomever is running this, if you are reading this, you still have the opportunity to honor my cancellation request & refund my btc. If/when you do that, I will stop digging.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halleybtcwhistleblower

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:28:25 PM

Shocked
http://www.coindesk.com/gaw-faces-ponzi-scheme-charges-from-sec/

If you have been victimized by halleybtc / zeushash, have had trouble receiving payouts, have had ignored support requests etc., you can contact the SEC at (800) 732-0330 or file a tip:
sec.gov/complaint/tipscomplaint.shtml
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 04:44:00 PM

Shocked

If you have been victimized by halleybtc / zeushash, have had trouble receiving payouts, have had ignored support requests etc., you can contact the SEC at (800) 732-0330 or file a tip:

Hate to say this but do you really think the SEC is going to care about a little ponzi site like this ? Don't they go after securities fraud and like big money operations ?
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:10:47 PM

Shocked

Hate to say this but do you really think the SEC is going to care about a little ponzi site like this ? Don't they go after securities fraud and like big money operations ?

Well if I could prosecute I would, why wait till they get millions $ £ €   from people.

You heard the saying "From little acorns"? or nip it in the bud.

And its gone.
Brob12321

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 06:12:38 PM

Shocked

Well if I could prosecute I would, why wait till they get millions $ £ €   from people.

You heard the saying "From little acorns"? or nip it in the bud.

You are right I guess it wouldn't take much in the way of resources to close down a website lol  Just don't tell the SEC about this forum because there is a lot of illegal activity going on in every topic on this forum lol
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:50:51 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 11:32:43 AM by Opnsrc

Im seeing alot of negativity in this thread and prejudgment based on past experiences. Im not saying its not justified, I just find it interesting how this thread immediately went into scam talk. Iv been scammed by related sites more times than I can keep track of, The majority of those now confirmed scams had majority support by people in the threads (at least early on).

Has it now gotten to the point that we have been scammed so many times that it is simply not possible for a truly legitimate crypto company to launch and succeed without having the past failures of other company's/groups prematurely superimposed. We have been burned so many times by people we though we could trust, that we simply do not trust anyone anymore? (Again, I am not saying Hallybtc is legit by any means, this is a blanket statement).

This concept depresses me when considering the future of crypto.  

ANYHOW,
I just read though this forum and you guys have successfully scared me into immediately withdrawing my balance on Hallybtc. Although the company themselves have done absolutely nothing wrong to me personally, I am no longer using them and highly doubt I will ever return. Mental conflict, damn this crypto reality.   Roll Eyes

FYI, I withdrew 0.1 with some change, their prompt told me the withdraw would take up to 12 hours. I received the coin within 20 Minutes of making the withdraw.
Also I noticed that they do not use a coin mixer like 99% of other sites that went scam in the past. You can watch there withdraws go out.
Brob12321

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:12:09 AM

Im seeing alot of negativity in this thread and prejudgment based on past experiences. Im not saying its not justified, I just find it interesting how this thread immediately went into scam talk. Iv been scammed by related sites more times than I can keep track of, The majority of those now confirmed scams had majority support by people in the threads (at least early on).

Has it now gotten to the point that we have been scammed so many times that it is simply not possible for a truly legitimate crypto company to launch and succeed without having the past failures of other company's/groups prematurely superimposed. We have been burned so many times by people we though we could trust, that we simply do not trust anyone anymore? (Again, I am not saying Hallybtc is legit by any means, this is a blanket statement).

This concept depresses me when considering the future of crypto.  

ANYHOW,
I just read though this forum and you guys have successfully scared me into immediately withdrawing my balance on Hallybtc. Although the company themselves have done absolutely nothing wrong to me personally, I am no longer using them and highly doubt I will ever return. Mental conflict, damn this crypto reality.   Roll Eyes

FYI, I withdrew 0.1 with some change, their prompt told me the withdraw would take up to 12 hours. I received the coin within 20 Minutes of making the withdraw.
Also I noticed that they do not use a coin mixer like 99% of other sites that went scam in the past. You can watch there withdraws go out.

https://blockchain.info/tx/41c4377d8b2e7829295ac710062df2acbd7792b10d423efd07a3ae90c9b084ec

Are you lucid ?  The website is installing malware on its users computers there are even screenshots, it is not a legit investment service, another user has just told us that it installed a keylogger on his computer, which will log your username and password for sensitive websites such as your bank, credit card, college, etc.  I believe you may have missed all of that.  On top of that the system pays crap interest and is a ponzi, which is illegal in the United States, operating Ponzi schemes in the United States has landed the operators multiple life sentences without the possibility of parole, it is no joke.  Please be safe . 
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:52:26 PM

this is a pure scam from the right start! stop investing in it! it is zueshash with malware in it! BEWARE all
halleybtcwhistleblower

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 05:10:45 PM

http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

High investment returns with little or no risk. Every investment carries some degree of risk, and investments yielding higher returns typically involve more risk. Be highly suspicious of any "guaranteed" investment opportunity.
Overly consistent returns. Investment values tend to go up and down over time, especially those offering potentially high returns. Be suspect of an investment that continues to generate regular, positive returns regardless of overall market conditions.
Unregistered investments. Ponzi schemes typically involve investments that have not been registered with the SEC or with state regulators. Registration is important because it provides investors with access to key information about the company's management, products, services, and finances.
Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms to be licensed or registered. Most Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms.
Secretive and/or complex strategies. Avoiding investments you do not understand, or for which you cannot get complete information, is a good rule of thumb.
Issues with paperwork. Do not accept excuses regarding why you cannot review information about an investment in writing. Also, account statement errors and inconsistencies may be signs that funds are not being invested as promised.
Difficulty receiving payments. Be suspicious if you do not receive a payment or have difficulty cashing out your investment. Keep in mind that Ponzi scheme promoters routinely encourage participants to "roll over" investments and sometimes promise returns offering even higher returns on the amount rolled over.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 05:48:23 PM

Are you lucid ?  The website is installing malware on its users computers there are even screenshots, it is not a legit investment service, another user has just told us that it installed a keylogger on his computer, which will log your username and password for sensitive websites such as your bank, credit card, college, etc.  I believe you may have missed all of that.  On top of that the system pays crap interest and is a ponzi, which is illegal in the United States, operating Ponzi schemes in the United States has landed the operators multiple life sentences without the possibility of parole, it is no joke.  Please be safe . 
[/quote]

Do you guys have any further information regarding this malware?
I have scanned my system with everything I got and have not came up with absolutely anything. Im not saying I don't believe you, If its true than I need to wring this code out of my rig.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:05:22 PM

Do you guys have any further information regarding this malware?
I have scanned my system with everything I got and have not came up with absolutely anything. Im not saying I don't believe you, If its true than I need to wring this code out of my rig.
[/quote]

I coudlnt find anything either
halleybtcwhistleblower

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:18:38 PM

I scanned my system also and found no malware, though, I wouldn't put it past them. They have shown themselves to be nothing but thieves in my dealings. They appear to be pretty inept but that may be part of the con. The fact that they won't acknowledge tweets directed at them or deny serious allegations such as this says all you need to know about their professionalism and implies that they are flying by night, whether or not you think they are running an honest ponzi scheme or a dishonest ponzi scheme.

I DID receive some odd phishing type emails from the Girl Scouts immediately after they stopped replying to my support emails asking for a refund & account closure.

If you have been victimized by zeushash a/k/a/ halleybtc you can file a complaint below. It will take you all of 4 minutes and you can do so without providing personal information

https://denebleo.sec.gov/TCRExternal/disclaimer.xhtml

Should they return my lousy 1 btc I will be donating it to a charity that accepts bitcoin. I don't want any coins at the expense of someone else. If they had simply credited me that to begin instead of ignoring emails to support they surely would have ended up with far more in the longrun.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:11:30 AM

I didn't get any malware or keylogger of that sort. honestly, without caring about the past ties with a zeushash, isn't the idea legitimate? I mean haobtc is doing something silmilar
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: