Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MMM ponzi effects?  (Read 3632 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:32:27 AM

My question is, MMM has any associated with Bitcoin?

Yes, MMM Global requires a deposit payment made in Bitcoin to buy Mavros (MMM tokens) and play the give/receive game.

MMM doesn't use Bitcoins only, they also use Bank to Bank Transfers but other MMM members don't want the Bank to Bank transaction since it will require them to go to the Bank or use a mobile app and their personal information will be known. That's why majority uses Bitcoin. There are members of MMM that uses a fake name and have multiple accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:24:08 AM

Yes, MMM Global requires a deposit payment made in Bitcoin to buy Mavros (MMM tokens) and play the give/receive game.

MMM doesn't use Bitcoins only, they also use Bank to Bank Transfers but other MMM members don't want the Bank to Bank transaction since it will require them to go to the Bank or use a mobile app and their personal information will be known. That's why majority uses Bitcoin. There are members of MMM that uses a fake name and have multiple accounts.

But why did that factor alone cause the price to go so up ? Wouldn't like a LOT of money be required to drive price up alone ? Like literally so many millions for that rally up to 500 ?
sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:24:21 AM

Bitcoin made rocket after 8/10 - after opens Gemini exchange. So, I'm sure what MMM have only collateral effect for current trend.

is MMM still paying?
automatically paid from random users, rather than central fund.
this is the strategy to scam money.

If there is a rumour about the collapse of the MMM scheme, will the players withdraw the money like a bank run? I am sure MMM is at its tipping point or not. Very interested to know the effect of a rumour.

"Pause Mode" is what happens, purely at Mavrodi's discretion, and has happened in the past. He just freezes conversion of Mavros into anything real for a fixed period of time. I have read that MMM Russia is currently "paused" until the New Year, but can't confirm it.

Where did you read that?

I can't read Russian but a Google translation might be semi-comprehensible. Everything I hear about MMM is founded on rumors, there are no sources of facts I can find. As it's based in the East it's shrouded in mystery, and I can't figure out how to get any reliable facts apart from joining it by paying the minimum possible Bitcoin fee.
UnknownUsername

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:08:32 PM

Bitcoin made rocket after 8/10 - after opens Gemini exchange. So, I'm sure what MMM have only collateral effect for current trend.

is MMM still paying?
automatically paid from random users, rather than central fund.
this is the strategy to scam money.

If there is a rumour about the collapse of the MMM scheme, will the players withdraw the money like a bank run? I am sure MMM is at its tipping point or not. Very interested to know the effect of a rumour.

"Pause Mode" is what happens, purely at Mavrodi's discretion, and has happened in the past. He just freezes conversion of Mavros into anything real for a fixed period of time. I have read that MMM Russia is currently "paused" until the New Year, but can't confirm it.

Where did you read that?

I can't read Russian but a Google translation might be semi-comprehensible. Everything I hear about MMM is founded on rumors, there are no sources of facts I can find. As it's based in the East it's shrouded in mystery, and I can't figure out how to get any reliable facts apart from joining it by paying the minimum possible Bitcoin fee.

If there would be a reliable facts about it then they are jeopardizing their identity. Besides being a shady entity is already a red flag and would give you a hint thats its a ponzi structure game
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:00:47 PM

On MMM Global, there is only a Bitcoin option. The bank option doesn't work.

Where did you read that?

The you tube link is private and I can't read it but I have no reason to doubt the poster.

I don't know what they are talking about, but I'm sure they funding MMM ponzi through btcchina

https://youtu.be/7GFA5R6qkso

BTW, today founder of mmm ponzi Sergey Mavrodi declared "pause mode" (freeze withdrawals) in mmm Russia until NY.

https://youtu.be/hW3i2FKt3Wg

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:52:13 PM

Bitcoin has survived many things and sure as hell it will survive this as well! Of course, if this is truth! There is nothing we can do to prevent things like this so there is no sense in losing our nerves about it.

If nothing, this is another use case for us, as negative as it might be!
Oscilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:30:18 PM

Bitcoin has survived many things and sure as hell it will survive this as well! Of course, if this is truth! There is nothing we can do to prevent things like this so there is no sense in losing our nerves about it.

If nothing, this is another use case for us, as negative as it might be!

Do you mean the use of bitcoin by MMM will ruin the reputation of bitcoin and make it less survivable? I have no worry about this. The usage of bitcoin is a very small proportion of the total bitcoin supply.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: