Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:53:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Campaings already cutting rates  (Read 3697 times)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 10:43:46 PM

Even though it sucks for us i don't really see a problem with it lol. It's their campaign and we have a choice weather to be a part of it or not

Exactly... Be thankful you get anything for posting on a forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 12:27:55 PM

It's fair to lower the pay rates but I prefer a fixed payment in terms of USD atleast and not BTC as the price of BTC fluctuates a lot. Currently it's $370 and my campaign pays 0.0007 BTC as of now which is fair but what if the price goes to $300? Also, I don't think the campaigns shouldn't lower the rate as if tomorrow BTC is worth $1000, I get paid 0.001 BTC/post which means I'll get $1/post. It's not affordable unless there is a restriction of 25-50 posts.

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:12:15 PM

It's fair to lower the pay rates but I prefer a fixed payment in terms of USD atleast and not BTC as the price of BTC fluctuates a lot. Currently it's $370 and my campaign pays 0.0007 BTC as of now which is fair but what if the price goes to $300? Also, I don't think the campaigns shouldn't lower the rate as if tomorrow BTC is worth $1000, I get paid 0.001 BTC/post which means I'll get $1/post. It's not affordable unless there is a restriction of 25-50 posts.
With every big price jump or drop it will either will be a lower payment or bigger. I also think it is fair though.
If the campaigns would have 50 max posts, alot of people wouldn't be interested anymore, or they will collect alt account ansd then spam.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 10:20:43 PM

With every big price jump or drop it will either will be a lower payment or bigger. I also think it is fair though.
If the campaigns would have 50 max posts, alot of people wouldn't be interested anymore, or they will collect alt account ansd then spam.

Has there ever been an increase in payments? I've never seen one and I've been here for over a year. I've seen payments drop and drop. And  the price over that time has gone fro $600 down to $200 and now up to nearly $400. The payment moves and price moves aren't correlated if you draw them out on a graph.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:53:35 PM

Has there ever been an increase in payments? I've never seen one and I've been here for over a year. I've seen payments drop and drop. And  the price over that time has gone fro $600 down to $200 and now up to nearly $400. The payment moves and price moves aren't correlated if you draw them out on a graph.
Back in the hayday of when PD signature campaign was still around senior members received .001BTC per post and Hero members received .0012BTC per post, and you were able to make up to 4.4BTC per month (all of this is IIRC). The price was ~$500-$700 when PD closed. Around that same time, you could get a fixed rate deal earning .1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month.

Since then per post prices have risen roughly 10%-15% or so, however for campaigns that pay the most were often very selective in who they accept, so anyone couldn't randomly join and start spamming away. The practice of paying higher rates but being selective as to who can join the campaign was something that Carra23 started, and for the most part her campaigns have been very successful.

I believe that marco may have raised rates several months ago, however I think that was in response to dwindling enrollment, and not lower BTC prices
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:34:06 AM

Even though it sucks for us i don't really see a problem with it lol. It's their campaign and we have a choice weather to be a part of it or not

That it true. Campaign owner always thinks about their profits and will see how to optimize the funds to get more profits their company so it is up to them to decide how much they want to pay for each post but at the same time they are not forcing any one of us to join their program so we have a freedom to leave the signture campaign also and find your profitable campaign.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:34:39 AM

Sad, sad to see. Some even attempted to get away with cutting rates during an ongoing term (Coinut). Pathetic behavior.

Coinut IS getting away with it. The comments on their thread indicate that they're calculating payments for the most recent term (during which the rate change was made) for the new discounted rate, not the full rate they started the term with.

Pulling this kind of shady shit is an easy way to motivate people to resign...maybe that's what Coinut wants.

If you're frustrated about this, let Coinut know. Here's there signature campaign thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=992660.0

This is where the advantages of having an escrow for the campaign come in. Unfortunately coinut doesn't have one.
If you really feel strongly about the fact that Coinut shouldn't have cut rates midway, you can open a scam accusation thread and see how things play out.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:59:46 AM

That it true. Campaign owner always thinks about their profits and will see how to optimize the funds to get more profits their company so it is up to them to decide how much they want to pay for each post but at the same time they are not forcing any one of us to join their program so we have a freedom to leave the signture campaign also and find your profitable campaign.
Definitely. We don't need to stick with the low paying sig campaign and just feel free to switch to another good paying one. They made the rules. If you agree, then you join otherwise no. But I don't like the behavior as well if the campaign manager just cut the rate in the middle of the campaign. To some extent they break the contracts even they made it.   
ajrah

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:02:23 AM

It is expected that signature campaigns will cut rates same thing in real world scenario, if a company can't cut the salary of each employees they will cut down the number of workers. I would rather go with the cut down the rates than nothing at all.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 09:47:20 AM

Back in the hayday of when PD signature campaign was still around senior members received .001BTC per post and Hero members received .0012BTC per post, and you were able to make up to 4.4BTC per month (all of this is IIRC). The price was ~$500-$700 when PD closed. Around that same time, you could get a fixed rate deal earning .1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month.

Since then per post prices have risen roughly 10%-15% or so, however for campaigns that pay the most were often very selective in who they accept, so anyone couldn't randomly join and start spamming away. The practice of paying higher rates but being selective as to who can join the campaign was something that Carra23 started, and for the most part her campaigns have been very successful.

I believe that marco may have raised rates several months ago, however I think that was in response to dwindling enrollment, and not lower BTC prices

Marco raised the price to 0.001 for Full members and I remember this as I was one then. It was only for a week when the bot was launched and then it reduced back to the rate of 0.0009 and then he further reduced it by 0.0001 BTC per post for all members That was the time many did leave the campaign but some still felt it was a good rate due to the no cap limit.

Marco now selects users depending on their post quality and reviews them as well. I was never screened before joining the campaign as I joined when the bot was launched but now I've seen users who have been screened. Even other campaigns like yours and few others are looking at the posts of users to test their capability but some still feel they aren't being paid what they deserve.

IMHO, posting on a forum shouldn't be considered a job and we shouldn't considered that we are doing something big as advertising for a website. It's an incentive and campaigns are to decide what they can afford to pay the users. If they start over paying the users, they will need to shut down and then there may be no campaigns on this forum. We should appreciate them rather that be harsh. If we look at other forums, some pay their users as low as $0.05 and when you reach the minimum amount of cashing out, they shut down.

mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:54:31 AM

-snip-
Marco now selects users depending on their post quality and reviews them as well. I was never screened before joining the campaign as I joined when the bot was launched but now I've seen users who have been screened. Even other campaigns like yours and few others are looking at the posts of users to test their capability but some still feel they aren't being paid what they deserve.

IMHO, posting on a forum shouldn't be considered a job and we shouldn't considered that we are doing something big as advertising for a website. It's an incentive and campaigns are to decide what they can afford to pay the users. If they start over paying the users, they will need to shut down and then there may be no campaigns on this forum. We should appreciate them rather that be harsh. If we look at other forums, some pay their users as low as $0.05 and when you reach the minimum amount of cashing out, they shut down.
So it seems like you were one of the lucky ones who got in at the right time. As I see many in your campaign's thread fighting for scraps to get a spot, even a little back stabbing to get the last senior spot when someone levels up in rank. That is a pity though.
The campaign that I am in is very small so the admins run a tight ship and don't let anybody slack around. No nonsense post of any kind. Just as a signature campaign should be run so there is no within fighting amongst group members when it comes to spots or rate increases for some and decreases for all.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 04:16:14 PM

Back in the hayday of when PD signature campaign was still around senior members received .001BTC per post and Hero members received .0012BTC per post, and you were able to make up to 4.4BTC per month (all of this is IIRC).

The price was ~$500-$700 when PD closed. Around that same time, you could get a fixed rate deal earning .1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month.

Is this a typo? You were able to make 4.4BTC per MONTH? At the Senior Member rate you posted one would need to make 4,400 posts per month to make 4.4BTC. That's ~150 per day...surely someone would be banned even if they could make that many posts per day.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:59:38 PM

Back in the hayday of when PD signature campaign was still around senior members received .001BTC per post and Hero members received .0012BTC per post, and you were able to make up to 4.4BTC per month (all of this is IIRC).

The price was ~$500-$700 when PD closed. Around that same time, you could get a fixed rate deal earning .1BTC in exchange for 50 posts over a month.

Is this a typo? You were able to make 4.4BTC per MONTH? At the Senior Member rate you posted one would need to make 4,400 posts per month to make 4.4BTC. That's ~150 per day...surely someone would be banned even if they could make that many posts per day.
Nope not a typo, that was the maximum you were able to make, although I doubt that many people (if anyone) actually earned that much.

There is no limit as to the number of posts a user is able to make in a single day.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 07:00:59 PM

Well, some people did make quite a lot per month (easily over 1 BTC a month). I know (think, rather) hilariousandco made a ridiculous amount of BTC back in the hayday of PrimeDice's signature campaign. The thing is that now we have a lot of greedy spammers and the signature ad market is simply saturated with supply - oversupplied for anything Full Member or below (perhaps even Senior Member), with Hero and Legendary being the only two groups not really truly saturated yet.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:06:24 PM

I dont have any problem with Bit-x, these people play fair.

BTC went up 30% and payment was reduced 30%. USD vise, I make exactly the same.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:19:00 PM

Well, some people did make quite a lot per month (easily over 1 BTC a month). I know (think, rather) hilariousandco made a ridiculous amount of BTC back in the hayday of PrimeDice's signature campaign. The thing is that now we have a lot of greedy spammers and the signature ad market is simply saturated with supply - oversupplied for anything Full Member or below (perhaps even Senior Member), with Hero and Legendary being the only two groups not really truly saturated yet.

This is still a crazy amount of money that you could make just for posting on a forum. With these amounts, today's rates look like a freaking dust!

You are right about over saturation of the campaigners nowadays!
FrostStick

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:22:21 PM

Definitely cutting the rates. I remember the days back when Bit-x campaign was still accepting new applicants you could earn 0.1+ with a full member account. With this cut in rates also comes in a decrease for the price of accounts.
Lituation

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:26:19 PM

Sad, sad to see. Some even attempted to get away with cutting rates during an ongoing term (Coinut). Pathetic behavior. That's just a direct fraud. When the price goes up, your Bitcoins go up as well, so you can pay people what you said you would paid. No excuses.

Also notice that when the price was lower, they took a ton of days before (sightly) raising the rates. Hell, I saw raises of like 0.0012 to 0.0014 when the price was crashing from 400 to 200, now Coinut and others have gone from 0.0015 to 0.0008.

Don't let these fuckers fuck around with your time and money. Fight for your rights, posters.

I completely agree with every word in this post. I remember campaigns paid 0.0015 when BTC price was more than 600$. What changed then and now? BTC price is 300-350$ range now and most campaigns decreased their rates. That's dumb. Accounts also worth much more back then, now you can make ROI in 2 weeks when you buy a Full Member account.
The best thing we can do is boycott those campaigns and find better ones. I always prefer fixed campaigns. At least they don't change rates in the middle of campaign. If they change it they deserve negative feedback.
Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 10:29:37 PM

Sad, sad to see. Some even attempted to get away with cutting rates during an ongoing term (Coinut). Pathetic behavior. That's just a direct fraud. When the price goes up, your Bitcoins go up as well, so you can pay people what you said you would paid. No excuses.

Also notice that when the price was lower, they took a ton of days before (sightly) raising the rates. Hell, I saw raises of like 0.0012 to 0.0014 when the price was crashing from 400 to 200, now Coinut and others have gone from 0.0015 to 0.0008.

Don't let these fuckers fuck around with your time and money. Fight for your rights, posters.

I completely agree with every word in this post. I remember campaigns paid 0.0015 when BTC price was more than 600$. What changed then and now? BTC price is 300-350$ range now and most campaigns decreased their rates. That's dumb. Accounts also worth much more back then, now you can make ROI in 2 weeks when you buy a Full Member account.
The best thing we can do is boycott those campaigns and find better ones. I always prefer fixed campaigns. At least they don't change rates in the middle of campaign. If they change it they deserve negative feedback.

Boycotting - a posting freeze - would work perfectly. BUT, the hard part is getting people to comply to it. You'd risk giving your spot up for some person just joining that wants in, but at least you'd have stuck to your principles! And of course all the vet bitcointalkers that hate the volume the signature campaigns bring would be thrilled!

You should give it a shot!

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 10:32:39 PM

I dont have any problem with Bit-x, these people play fair.

BTC went up 30% and payment was reduced 30%. USD vise, I make exactly the same.
And when BTC drops another 30% we will not see a rise of 30%.

The unfortunate or ironic thing is that the US (since we're talking about BTC in terms of USD), when the economy improves most people get to make more money via raises and bonuses. Now that's the evil economy so many people want Bitcoin to triumph over, yet in this example when the bitcoin economy improved a class of workers got pay cuts.

It's worse than a disparity in pay! I love capitalism. I understand why they're doing this. I wish more people were upset and could take action. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: