Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best wallet to manage btc?  (Read 544 times)
ad2014 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:15:02 PM

I am a trader and wanted to exchange money through btc so i wanted to know which is the best and highly secured wallet to manage bitcoin?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:16:12 PM

I am a trader and wanted to exchange money through btc so i wanted to know which is the best and highly secured wallet to manage bitcoin?

I haev used Armory with no problem, usually has been really good. Multibit is also good and secure. If you are going for higher amounts of BTC you can check out trezor(hardware wallet) which is also very secure.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:16:52 PM

For cold storage,  paper wallets or hardware wallets like Ledger or Trezor.

For small amounts (hot wallet), Mycelium, Electrum, Armory or Greenaddress.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:22:51 PM

If you want fast BTC transactions  - use Multibit wallet, for safe larger BTC amount keeping use Trezor hardware wallet.  Smiley
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:48:22 PM

For daily trading purpose you can use hot wallet from blockchain.info and also they have cold storage facility that will allow you to store larger amount of bitcoin offline. They also allow you to easily make many bitcoin address for seperate uses if you like.

If you just like to hold your bitcoin offline for longer period with more security use Trezor like hardware wallet as already mentioned above.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:52:19 PM

For cold storage,  paper wallets or hardware wallets like Ledger or Trezor.

For small amounts (hot wallet), Mycelium, Electrum, Armory or Greenaddress.

I think Bitcoin Core is pretty solid to have decent amounts too. I know some people that has been involved in Bitcoin since 2011, still uses the same Bitcoin Core (obviously updated) and encrypted so no one can send anything unless they know the pass, and they've had 0 problems. As long as you keep your computer clean seems pretty safe to me. I use cold storage tho just in case.
Next BillGates

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:53:19 PM

If you're a trader and you're often send/receive bitcoins frequently, hot wallet is suggested. May be try coinbase, multibit HD desktop wallet.

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 04:53:45 PM

I use online wallet of Blockchain.info which I use mostly for my exchanges in online although I only keep low amount of bitcoin, less than .3 BTC only at most on it before using it for exchange to bank and its advisable by many to not leave huge amount on it as well due to the problems it gets compared the other wallet but also have this in mind that its the most used of all so that's something to consider as well

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 05:15:37 PM

a hardware wallet is a good choice:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=899253.0

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:19:42 PM

I'm not sure how much bitcoins do you have , but if it's shitload of money then you may wanna use Case wallet (Hardware wallet) which is considered the world most secure bitcoin wallet , Otherwise you can go with some for Electrum for daily uses and trading and store the profit or whatever you want in Paper wallets (just make sure to hide it very well or you are screwed)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████