Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST BTC Trading Exchange  (Read 3672 times)
cptdome1 (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:44:14 PM

Hi.  I have a small amount of BTC left over from a few years ago that I forgot about until reading about all this price volatility in the news.

Is there any reputable exchange out there to trade btc?  I don't want to cash out to fiat, I just want to take advantage of the intraday volatility.

Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:52:07 PM

Hi.  I have a small amount of BTC left over from a few years ago that I forgot about until reading about all this price volatility in the news.

Is there any reputable exchange out there to trade btc?  I don't want to cash out to fiat, I just want to take advantage of the intraday volatility.

I heard litecoin is going well right now. You can exchange Bitcoins to litecoins here without fees: http://www.shapshift.io
But do your own research about what crypto to buy(I'd suggest litecoin)

Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:43:44 PM

I heard litecoin is going well right now. You can exchange Bitcoins to litecoins here without fees: http://www.shapshift.io

its https://shapeshift.io/, dear
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:47:03 PM

So what you want to do is exchange bitcoins into other coins? I mean there are plenty of reputable exchanges, btc-e but it doesnt have many coins, cryptsy i would probably avoid, they have a lot of coins but they used to have a few problems, im not sure if they fixed them, there is bit-x or coinut too, you can visit all of them and pick the one you need.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6096

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:56:15 PM

I'm not sure but I guess you want to trade (buy/sell) bitcoin with the price changes these days to make some profit and not buy alternative coins , If it's the case then I suggest you to take a look at BTC-E or Bitfinex .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:29:57 PM

i barely use exchanges anymore since i use bitonic.nl but it is only for people from the netherlands and belgium. beside that, i find kraken to be one of the better exchanges.
cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:38:13 PM

thanks for the ideas guys
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:27:24 AM

the usual exchange are always good

kraken no id
poloniex no id
cryptsy
bitfinex
bitstamp

etc or you can trade on 1broker with forex and stocks, using bitcoin
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:48:30 AM

I'm not sure but I guess you want to trade (buy/sell) bitcoin with the price changes these days to make some profit and not buy alternative coins , If it's the case then I suggest you to take a look at BTC-E or Bitfinex .
I think it will be better to wait for a couple of days more as the price rise is on the rise. There is lesser risk of a decrease. Litecoin seems a good option and they have a better reputation as well.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 09:55:08 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

this may help you.

for usd trading, bitstamp bitfinex lakebtc are good;  for eur trading, bitstamp (you can deposit eur but it valued by usd, denominated eur), kraken. 

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:04:37 AM

Be careful, most of the exchanges will need you to verify even if you are not withdrawing Fiat or depositing Fiat. Bitstamp, Kraken work like this.

With btc-e you don't need to verify to trade your coins. So you just deposit btc, you trade and you withdraw them out. Bitfinex the same as btc-e.
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:09:57 PM

I suggest you use btc-e.com , no questions asked there, just deposit and trade. And as a plus, they are always laging behind other exchanges, so
if you keep track of price movements on btcchina, okcoin where swings originate from, you can predict trades there and earn a bit.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 10:27:22 AM

You can try ecoin.eu as I've been trading there for a while and I cash out to PM/OKPay with very less fee like 0.5%. Even btc-e is reliable but I've heard many negative reviews of the site currently. It also depends on how much experience you have as a trader and since I've been trading in forex and stock market as well, I know many safe ways of earning profit Smiley

Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:10:26 PM

If you are based in US, you can use Gemini. It is a regulated exchange. Your fund should be safe there.
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 03:15:16 PM

Much depends on where you are located, where do you have your bank account and what fiat currency do you wish to hold.

International transfers and f/x conversions can eat a significant chunk of your profits.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:18:56 PM

You can get a larger list with all types of exchanges on them. But i would suggest you go for the more reputed and trusted ones such as coinut, bitfinex and bitstamp. Haven't heard anything bad about these so i personally prefer these.
cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 06:33:30 PM

thanks for all the responses everyone.  I have been using bitfinex and so far so good!
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:53:13 PM

thanks for all the responses everyone.  I have been using bitfinex and so far so good!

Just curious, you still trade your coin at last? I thought the price has been relatively stable these days and though its still high, its not as high as how it was a few days ago when this skyrocketing (or to-the-moon as some people said) price happened.

Which coin did you trade into?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:58:32 PM

Shapeshift charges a spread over the market rate found on exchanges when you exchange altcoins. As a general rule, you probably should not use shapeshift if you are wanting to trade high volumes of trades.

It looks like the OP decided to go with bitfinex, which is what I would personally recommend and what I personally use when trading BTC (I also use the coinbase exchange, however they have a $10,000 per day limit).

I might suggest looking into huobi and/or okcoin (chinese exchanges) as they have zero trading fees when trading BTC/CNY (the fact that it is CNY should not matter if you are speculative trading).
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 11:09:35 PM

For EUR try Kraken.

For USD go for Bitfinex.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: