Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:47:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meadow Soprano Has MS  (Read 232 times)
UliJonHoth (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 12:09:31 AM

Just read this and seems she was diagnosed 15 years ago but kept it a secret while filming The Sopranos.

"Sopranos" star Jamie-Lynn Sigler has revealed that she has multiple sclerosis. The actress, who played Meadow Soprano on the hit HBO show, told People that she has been living with MS for 15 years.

Sigler said that though she was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease at the age of 20, she didn't feel ready to speak out about her illness until now. "You'd think that after all these years, somebody would be settled with something like this, but it's still hard to accept," said the actress.

Sigler, 34, said her symptoms have become more noticeable in the past decade, and that the disease has limited her mobility.
"I can't walk for a long period of time without resting. I cannot run. No superhero roles for me," she said. "Stairs? I can do them but they're not the easiest. When I walk, I have to think about every single step, which is annoying and frustrating."

The actress also admitted that she kept MS a secret while she was on "The Sopranos.""Sometimes all I needed was like five or 10 minutes to sit and recharge but I wouldn't ask, because I didn't want them to be suspicious," she said. Sigler says she takes the twice-daily pill Tecfidera to manage her MS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jamie-lynn-sigler-says-she-has-multiple-sclerosis/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: