Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:06:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123367 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 11:03:39 PM

Happy 2nd Birthday!

I can't believe how fast this has gone, I've now been in MOIN for over 1 year myself lol Since then MOIN has made a steady progress and now I really look forward to 2018 to see what MOIN is able to achieve. By the way I love the look of the MOIN subreddit and I have tweeted about it on Twitter to hopefully get more people joining. I myself must sign up for reddit.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
axllht

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:50:07 AM

I baked the cake on this occasion Wink

lolaguffey

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:04:21 AM

Happy 2nd Birthday!

I can't believe how fast this has gone, I've now been in MOIN for over 1 year myself lol Since then MOIN has made a steady progress and now I really look forward to 2018 to see what MOIN is able to achieve. By the way I love the look of the MOIN subreddit and I have tweeted about it on Twitter to hopefully get more people joining. I myself must sign up for reddit.

Like you i also look eye to MOIN..... Hope it is investable
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 02:39:23 PM

I baked the cake on this occasion Wink

This is amazing, thanks axl!

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

Nice work on 2 years everyone!
ilog

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Bitcoin the only GOD.

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:57:41 PM

So we will fork Particl?

Does it mean, that we would be able to fork its marketplace? If it would be a successful piece of art?

In BITCOIN we Trust.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 01:19:09 PM

So we will fork Particl?

Does it mean, that we would be able to fork its marketplace? If it would be a successful piece of art?

Theoretically yes, but I've stated in the past that I have no desire to position MOIN as a rival to SDC/PART by forking their decentralized market and that remains the case.

The plan is to implement The Platform on top of a modified version of the Particl codebase.

tjpp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:23:46 PM

So we will fork Particl?

Theoretically yes, but I've stated in the past that I have no desire to position MOIN as a rival to SDC/PART by forking their decentralized market and that remains the case.

The plan is to implement The Platform on top of a modified version of the Particl codebase.

With the fork of the PART code, will this require a token swap? Or will we be able to continue using the same token we are using right now and also the same wallet?

Also, I like the idea behind what you are doing here Caper Smiley Best of luck to you. Been staking moin for 8 months now myself.
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 10:56:36 PM

So we will fork Particl?

With the fork of the PART code, will this require a token swap? Or will we be able to continue using the same token we are using right now and also the same wallet?

Also, I like the idea behind what you are doing here Caper Smiley Best of luck to you. Been staking moin for 8 months now myself.

I have the same question as you so hopefully KingCaper will post an update on this very soon. Or it could be in the fortnightly updates which I believe will be sometime this coming week. Like you I have been staking MOIN for a long time patiently waiting to see what the platform is all about and by the sounds of it from KingCaper we ain't too far away from finding out.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:35:18 AM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #16

Hello out there everyone.  Time again for the fortnightly update.  Check it out!

Researching Swap Options

The team has been researching and discussing our options regarding the swap.  We are looking at other projects and the ways they performed their swaps for ideas. There are lots of projects to look at for reference so we will try to find the best ideas for Moin.

Subreddit Open For Buisness

We opened up the subreddit @ www.reddit.com/r/moin to the public so be sure that you swing by and say hi.  We have our tipbot going and would love to get some good community interactions built up in there.  Come join us!

Developing Moin Movement League Specifics

We have been doing some brainstorming and planning to put together some details of the upcoming Moin Movement League.  We are developing a fun achievement system that will help provide people with direction and reward them for promoting Moin. Details to come!

Peace! -Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:11:46 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #16

Hello out there everyone.  Time again for the fortnightly update.  Check it out!

Researching Swap Options

The team has been researching and discussing our options regarding the swap.  We are looking at other projects and the ways they performed their swaps for ideas. There are lots of projects to look at for reference so we will try to find the best ideas for Moin.

Subreddit Open For Buisness

We opened up the subreddit @ www.reddit.com/r/moin to the public so be sure that you swing by and say hi.  We have our tipbot going and would love to get some good community interactions built up in there.  Come join us!

Developing Moin Movement League Specifics

We have been doing some brainstorming and planning to put together some details of the upcoming Moin Movement League.  We are developing a fun achievement system that will help provide people with direction and reward them for promoting Moin. Details to come!

Peace! -Jookly

Thanks once again Jookly for posting the fortnightly updates. Do you know if there is a time frame on when the coin swap will be? I am hoping it will be done by the end of the year. That way we can start the new year fresh with the newly swapped MOIN and maybe even start a new ANN with the new coin.

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 3140

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 02:49:09 PM

Researching Swap Options

You must tell everywhere and give people enough time for the swap. It can't be only there on the forum because not all users come here often and may not have information in time.
I hope that new Moin can be better  than the current one because I am very satisfied with my staking

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:25:15 PM

Thanks once again Jookly for posting the fortnightly updates. Do you know if there is a time frame on when the coin swap will be? I am hoping it will be done by the end of the year. That way we can start the new year fresh with the newly swapped MOIN and maybe even start a new ANN with the new coin.

We don't have an exact time frame yet as there are quite a few things to consider.   I am fairly certain it will not be completed by the end of the year however because we need to give people plenty of time to swap, on the order of months.  That doesn't necessarily mean the swap wont begin by the end of the year... but that is not official either. 

You must tell everywhere and give people enough time for the swap. It can't be only there on the forum because not all users come here often and may not have information in time.
I hope that new Moin can be better  than the current one because I am very satisfied with my staking

I can assure you it will be a very fair and well announced swap once we have concrete details.  We have the experience of going through one previous swap when we came to MOIN 2.0 which is nice, feel free to look back at how that was well recorded and given plenty of time.  It can actually start to feel a bit drawn out near the end of a successful swap but it seems worth it to make sure anyone and everyone that wants to swap their MOIN will get a chance.

Will be certain to keep everyone here informed.  Also never be shy to stop by the chat for quick questions.
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 11:05:57 PM

Thanks Jookly for the reply and update.

There is a concern I have with the upcoming coin swap and that is Cryptopia. I have seen this happen a few times already with Cryptopia where when there is a coin swap they will delist the coin and then once the new swapped coin is ready the dev will have to pay for it to be listed on there again. Right now the listing price is way too expensive at around 5 BTC to list on Cryptopia which I don't think MOIN has enough in the dev funds to pay for this. If MOIN loses Cryptopia it could hurt the coin because it is the second exchange with the most volume for MOIN and sometimes even the top exchange. Unless the dev team have other plans for other exchanges once the coin swap is done?

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:09:52 AM

There is a concern I have with the upcoming coin swap and that is Cryptopia. I have seen this happen a few times already with Cryptopia where when there is a coin swap they will delist the coin and then once the new swapped coin is ready the dev will have to pay for it to be listed on there again. Right now the listing price is way too expensive at around 5 BTC to list on Cryptopia which I don't think MOIN has enough in the dev funds to pay for this. If MOIN loses Cryptopia it could hurt the coin because it is the second exchange with the most volume for MOIN and sometimes even the top exchange. Unless the dev team have other plans for other exchanges once the coin swap is done?

Hey vella, thank you for bringing this up - Jookly and I were discussing exactly this the other day. Cryptopia is a good exchange and I've always had positive dealings with them. I'm not sure if their position on coin swaps has changed, but either way, we'll be consulting with current exchanges before any swap.

This whole process gives an opportunity to boost the project in several major ways. With regard to exchanges, I expect us to emerge in a strengthened position.

vella85

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:41:32 PM

Hey vella, thank you for bringing this up - Jookly and I were discussing exactly this the other day. Cryptopia is a good exchange and I've always had positive dealings with them. I'm not sure if their position on coin swaps has changed, but either way, we'll be consulting with current exchanges before any swap.

This whole process gives an opportunity to boost the project in several major ways. With regard to exchanges, I expect us to emerge in a strengthened position.

Yes they are a good exchange, I just hope they do the right thing and you don't need to pay for another listing once the coin swap is complete like I have seen with other coins. However the coins I have seen this happen to were for masternodes which were on a different chain. But I'm thinking with a coin swap the same thing will happen right?

vashshawn

Activity: 530
Merit: 253

LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Cryptopia's policy is that when a coin listed on their exchange does a coin swap they get delisted no matter what. There is no exceptions unless you somehow pay them to do the swap at their exchange is the only exception I think.

★ such speed much staking very cute ★  
                  such fun tipping and payment coin                  
             L i t e D o g e  (LDOGE)
      lite version of DOGE coin fair launch No Premine      
very website such twitter wow forum ★  

[/center]
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 11:02:25 PM

Cryptopia's policy is that when a coin listed on their exchange does a coin swap they get delisted no matter what. There is no exceptions unless you somehow pay them to do the swap at their exchange is the only exception I think.

Yep that is there policy and that is why I raised this with the dev because if MOIN is going to have a coin swap, that means that Cryptopia will be delisting MOIN and then the dev would need to pay the listing fee to have MOIN relisted on there again which at the moment is an outrageous price to list a coin on their exchange. I think MOIN would be better to look at listing on some DEX's like CryptoBridge or Altcoin.io, as long as the community supports MOIN on these exchanges it should do just fine. I know CryptoBridge listing fee is cheap compared to most other exchanges at just 0.5 BTC however if the community can create liquidity and volume then the fee is only 0.25 BTC. Maybe the dev can think about this as DEX is the way of the future when it comes to trading crypto so MOIN might as well get in early before they take off.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:51:02 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #17

Holy cow was that two weeks already?  Sorry I am a half a day late with this. Does Jookly falls into a time warp count as update worthy news?  Time for the update!

Continued Swap Discussion

There has been some discussion about the swap here in this thread and in the chat room.  The main concerns being expressed are around the Cryptopia listing and the implications the swap has on it. You are welcome to join the discussion here or in our chatrooms.

Slow And Steady

There is not a whole lot else to report this time. We are still here and I really strongly encourage everyone to swing by the chat rooms, get involved, and discover Moin.

Until Next Time -Jookly
vella85

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:56:20 PM

Fortnightly Sunday Update #17

Holy cow was that two weeks already?  Sorry I am a half a day late with this. Does Jookly falls into a time warp count as update worthy news?  Time for the update!

Continued Swap Discussion

There has been some discussion about the swap here in this thread and in the chat room.  The main concerns being expressed are around the Cryptopia listing and the implications the swap has on it. You are welcome to join the discussion here or in our chatrooms.

Slow And Steady

There is not a whole lot else to report this time. We are still here and I really strongly encourage everyone to swing by the chat rooms, get involved, and discover Moin.

Until Next Time -Jookly

Yes that seems to be the concern with most people as I'm sure we all want to see MOIN still listed on Cryptopia but they seem to play hardball when it comes to coin swaps so I'm not sure what we are going to come up with when the swap takes place. Like I said we can always try and get listed on DEX exchanges like CryptoBridge.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: