Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deliciousowl [Sr. Member] == gumcruise [Jr. Member] who made a false giveaway  (Read 1703 times)
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 10:36:11 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 11:17:39 AM by DiamondCardz

Thanks to the one and only Phinn for bringing the proof up here.

Pretty standard troll account and thread, Jr. Member "gumcruise" wastes a bunch of people's time waving around a 0.5 BTC reward. Pretty clear looking at the replies to the threads and quotes.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235516.0

Eventually he edits the OP and thread title to "The #1 Bitcoin Conspiracy Barn" making it pretty obvious he wasted everyone's time.

Actually, he seems to have tried to cheekily made a bit of extra commission too by using an amazon affiliate link in the book he linked to, which backfires.

For quick reference, an amazon affiliate link requires an affiliate tag (basically an ID) to credit. The amazon website states how this is shown as follows: "For example, you must include your Associates ID or “tag” (appearing as XXXXX-20, or such other format as we may designate) as a parameter in the URL of each link you place on your site to the Amazon Site.". Keyword is that it is called a "tag" and ends in -20.

On July 6, 2015 user "deliciousowl" made a post linking to a book on amazon which used tag=hocayoli-20 as the affiliate identifier.

In our false giveaway thread by gumcruise, the post linking to a book on amazon also uses tag=hocayoli-20. If you think it's a coincidence, try searching "hocayoli" or "hocayoli-20" on Google. It's most definitely the same affiliate.

"deliciousowl" also happened to post on the false giveaway thread in a trollish manner, though this doesn't prove anything on its own, rather seems like a strange coincidence.

gumcruise: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=412667
deliciousowl: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=242584

More juice:

Turns out he paid the 0.5 BTC prize to BitcoinStriker who is a proven alt of the scammer "Tymer" and also an alt of "HueSinger".

Back to conspiracies. Altho I cannot link BTCStriker to Filip (yet), let's go back a bit shall we?

11/22/2013 - BitcoinStriker posted this BTC address 1E4w3EkiUW4cs5C9gRUKdTJja9KUadAh2X here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=343104.msg3678995#msg3678995

11/08/2015 - Tymer posted this BTC address 1E4w3EkiUW4cs5C9gRUKdTJja9KUadAh2X here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255437.msg3520921#msg3520921

* Scam accusation open against Tymer is here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=339534.10

(Back to BitcoinStriker)

11/26/2013 - BitcoinStriker posted this btc address 1EbEEdJi2pvASwpCTSBZgayGvoK4DQEHUt here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347707.msg3723470#msg3723470

11/18/2013 - HueSinger posted this BTC address 1EbEEdJi2pvASwpCTSBZgayGvoK4DQEHUt here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=338156.msg3627590#msg3627590

BTW, HueSinger is an alt of Tymer, as evidenced in the scam accusation as well.

So... Although I cannot prove bitcoinstriker is any particular real life person, I do believe I have proven that he is either in control of, or associated with, known forum scammers accounts.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share that with y'all... Back to the HAHAHAs, much more fun! Wink

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:49:20 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 11:08:14 PM by Gleb Gamow

"Another case we lost out on due to the Mighty Phinn, Data."

http://filipmartinka.tumblr.com/portfolio

https://www.linkedin.com/in/filipmartinka

I'd say for Filip to get back on our good grace he simply apologize and pay out the ).5 BTC equally distributed to all those providing an answer (I'm not one of them) in his tread mentioned in the OP. Upon doing such, DC may consider retracting his two negative trusts. It's his call. (no HAHAHA)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:32:12 PM

Consider that the Overstock news prompted a huge rush, while the current Symbiont developments are far more impressive and as far as I can tell, had barely any effect. I believe eventually it will be possible to pinpoint the exact time everything 'clicks' and perspectives change.

Yeah, pretty ridiculous. An online retailer gets in and there is a 4x jump. Some of the biggest people on wall street get in, nobody cares. There will be a massive jump at some point, but it could be a while. Maybe at the next funding round for Symbiont, maybe smart contracts, maybe when Symbiont opens its doors for business. What a crazy world we live in.

This feels like Franz Kafka "The Castle"...

And looks like XCP will be able to finish smart contracts on mainnet soon, the first milestone of Ethereum is almost released.

This doesn't look too good for Counterparty given that Filip is their spokesperson. I have strong reason to believe that there's at least three other sockpuppets in play here under the control of Filip pumping Counterparty.

This no looks good.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:48:42 PM

is it possible to block masterxchange's wallet on Counterparty network ?

Counterparty network = Bitcoin network.

It's impossible to block or restrict access for anyone. If you have internet, you can always use the Bitcoin network.

6 hours, 49 minutes and 40 seconds later, gumcruise posted his very first post in the Counterparty thread pretending to be a NOOB.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if XCP are destroyed when being used for smart contracts and there are only 2.6 million. How will everyone be able to buy enough to run the contracts?

Like Matt said the XCP fees used in computation of smart contracts aren't constant values as they are in ethereum (like 1 XCP no matter what), but fractions of the total supply of XCP. Moreover XCP is divisible, So just as an example:

if there were only 1 XCP available a smart contract might cost 0.000001 XCP to run (and everyone would own fractions of a single XCP). Whereas if there were 1,000,000 XCP available a smart contract might cost 1 XCP to run.  In both cases the amount of XCP in relation to the total supply, and roughly dollar worth of the XCP spent on running a contract could (and usually would be expected) to be the same, since In an efficient market you'd expect the opportunity cost of spending XCP to execute a smart contract would remain competitive.  Nobody is going to spend $500 equivalent in XCP to run a smart contract that embeds a hash in the blockchain

So as more and more contracts are running, it will be possible to run more and more with 1 XCP as time goes on?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:58:55 PM

is it possible to block masterxchange's wallet on Counterparty network ?

Counterparty network = Bitcoin network.

It's impossible to block or restrict access for anyone. If you have internet, you can always use the Bitcoin network.

6 hours, 49 minutes and 40 seconds later, gumcruise posted his very first post in the Counterparty thread pretending to be a NOOB.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if XCP are destroyed when being used for smart contracts and there are only 2.6 million. How will everyone be able to buy enough to run the contracts?

Like Matt said the XCP fees used in computation of smart contracts aren't constant values as they are in ethereum (like 1 XCP no matter what), but fractions of the total supply of XCP. Moreover XCP is divisible, So just as an example:

if there were only 1 XCP available a smart contract might cost 0.000001 XCP to run (and everyone would own fractions of a single XCP). Whereas if there were 1,000,000 XCP available a smart contract might cost 1 XCP to run.  In both cases the amount of XCP in relation to the total supply, and roughly dollar worth of the XCP spent on running a contract could (and usually would be expected) to be the same, since In an efficient market you'd expect the opportunity cost of spending XCP to execute a smart contract would remain competitive.  Nobody is going to spend $500 equivalent in XCP to run a smart contract that embeds a hash in the blockchain

So as more and more contracts are running, it will be possible to run more and more with 1 XCP as time goes on?

This is really fucked up! Looks like Adam Krellenstein was well aware of the sockpuppetry going on during the time he was conditioning Patrick Byrne-cum-Overstock for a Counterparty relationship. It was paramount to hype and continue the dialog about Counterparty as much as possible via the myriad sockpuppets. I don't even wanna guess as to what else about Counterparty was or is contrived.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 01:08:08 AM

Consider that the Overstock news prompted a huge rush, while the current Symbiont developments are far more impressive and as far as I can tell, had barely any effect. I believe eventually it will be possible to pinpoint the exact time everything 'clicks' and perspectives change.

Yeah, pretty ridiculous. An online retailer gets in and there is a 4x jump. Some of the biggest people on wall street get in, nobody cares. There will be a massive jump at some point, but it could be a while. Maybe at the next funding round for Symbiont, maybe smart contracts, maybe when Symbiont opens its doors for business. What a crazy world we live in.

And looks like XCP will be able to finish smart contracts on mainnet soon, the first milestone of Ethereum is almost released.

This doesn't look too good for Counterparty given that Filip is their spokesperson. I have strong reason to believe that there's at least three other sockpuppets in play here under the control of Filip pumping Counterparty.

This no looks good.

I'm a real person and my identity is known. Not affiliated with anything happening in this thread as was not even aware of it until I saw the link in the Counterparty thread.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:11:02 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 07:45:09 AM by Gleb Gamow

https://twitter.com/filip_martinka/status/614454466058801152

So much for the dude who alluded to me being some sort of conspiracy nut. HAHAHA

I guess there wasn't much happening in Bratislava, Slovakia (or thereabouts), for Filip to opt to bring attention to his sockpuppetry, thus causing a stir in the Bitcoin community. Here's to hopin' that Counterparty will be able to ride out the ripple effect:

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:14:41 AM

This no looks good.

I'm a real person and my identity is known. Not affiliated with anything happening in this thread as was not even aware of it until I saw the link in the Counterparty thread.

I'll admit to having you at the bottom (seriously, not top) of the list of sockpuppet candidates, but I will now take your name off said list (not published anywhere; only in my mind). Please let Adam know what's up so to get in front of this debacle, bud. Also, he has my permission to delete my post in the Counterparty thread.

As I've stated above, there's still time and a way to get this unfortunate episode behind all those concerned, even for Filip.

Later, bud, and thanks for your input.
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 01:22:05 AM

This no looks good.

I'll admit to having you at the bottom (seriously, not top) of the list of sockpuppet candidates, but I will now take your name off said list (not published anywhere; only in my mind). Please let Adam know what's up so to get in front of this debacle, bud. Also, he has my permission to delete my post in the Counterparty thread.

As I've stated above, there's still time and a way to get this unfortunate episode behind all those concerned, even for Filip.

I passed this on to Robby (Counterparty co-founder) and he mentioned that Filip is no longer doing support for Counterparty and hasn't for a while. I think they'll update the site to reflect this. He was never a spokesperson. Nothing ever gets deleted from the Counterparty thread, we're not here for censorship. Wink

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:32:08 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 02:05:04 AM by Gleb Gamow

This no looks good.

I passed this on to Robby (Counterparty co-founder) and he mentioned that Filip is no longer doing support for Counterparty and hasn't for a while. I think they'll update the site to reflect this. He was never a spokesperson. Nothing ever gets deleted from the Counterparty thread, we're not here for censorship. Wink

http://www.topiama.com/r/561/the-govt-interpol-and-the-mob-chased-my-family

Q:
Shit man, I think you need to go look for owls or something. Great story though, I wish you all the luck in the world.

A:
Thanks! One of my elementary school teachers had an owl as a pet. That's as close as I've gotten to an owl though.

I'm such a loser! I guess I'll delete it myself, then. See how easy it is to acting professional oppose to the alternatives? To be clear, I admire Counterparty and have them at the top of the list for something I'm working on.

Later, bud.
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:37:15 AM

This no looks good.

Nothing ever gets deleted from the Counterparty thread, we're not here for censorship. Wink

Was that earlier this year when Counterparty thread go few page shorter? Someone delete own posts or moderates delete something?

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 01:43:50 AM

This no looks good.

Nothing ever gets deleted from the Counterparty thread, we're not here for censorship. Wink

Was that earlier this year when Counterparty thread go few page shorter? Someone delete own posts or moderates delete something?

It seems likely that someone went through and deleted their own posts. I volunteered with Counterparty full-time for just over 6 months and had a number of discussions on censorship with the founders. They're all against it and I'd be pretty surprised if they went through and deleted posts, especially old ones. It makes less and less and less sense for Counterparty personal to delete posts as they get older (the same is true for just about any thread). Newer posts are generally what's deleted by a thread owner (to control discussion) and older posts are generally deleted by the poeple who made them for one reason or another.

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 07:04:56 AM

Another interesting slice of information:

gumcruise - Last Active: November 04, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
deliciousowl - Last Active: November 04, 2015, 09:31:28 PM

Those are oddly similar times to be getting offline combined with the OP, don't you think?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:43:08 AM

Another interesting slice of information:

gumcruise - Last Active: November 04, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
deliciousowl - Last Active: November 04, 2015, 09:31:28 PM

Those are oddly similar times to be getting offline combined with the OP, don't you think?

I think my twitter link is much better evidence that both are one and the same: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237905.msg12889902#msg12889902

The affiliate link is the same (note: hocayoli): https://t.co/sSejuapxOk resolves to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1449374042/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1449374042&linkCode=as2&tag=hocayoli-20&linkId=YHU6JZVMUH4WVOCZ
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:53:01 AM

I like this thread great drama so you going to make him pay up !  Grin

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:05:15 AM

I like this thread great drama so you going to make him pay up !  Grin

I don't believe that's the intent with the exception that Filip should probably pay up to save face, coupled with a fairly simple apology, one of which would easily be accepted by the community given his demeanor on occasion due to life's adventure there in Slovakia. If it were any other, I'd say the path would be a tad more difficult to overcome.

We've all fucked up, and yes, even Phinn (that's me), but it's how the aftermath is handled that most the time dictates how bad the fallout is. The money aspect aside, again, Filip can easily get this resolved with very little effort as long as it comes across as earnest. I'm almost for certain that if done properly, the recent negative trusts may be removed, bearing in mind I'm not speaking for DC, but I would do my best to influence such course of action, again (again), predicated on Filip's actions.
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:16:00 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 10:31:07 PM by DiamondCardz

Well he's been online today and I'm sure he has at least noticed this thread and is aware of what has happened, so judging by his failure to reply so far that doesn't seem very promising. That's a massive shame.

Edit: He's paid out to a person using his main account, although it would seem that he just randomly did it to get himself out of being backed into a corner. The negative rep will remain for a little bit.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:38:49 AM

Well he's been online today and I'm sure he has at least noticed this thread and is aware of what has happened, so judging by his failure to reply so far that doesn't seem very promising. That's a massive shame.

Edit: He's paid out to a person using his main account, although it would seem that he just randomly did it to get himself out of being backed into a corner. The negative rep will remain for a little bit.

See my latest post over there. I'm lost for words.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 04:58:26 AM

deliciousowl sent 0.5 BTC to BitcoinStriker's address:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235516.msg12898529#msg12898529

Doesn't this show BitcoinStriker is owl's another alt? What other possible scenarios could justify sending 0.5 BTC to a random poster in the thread?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:09:14 AM

deliciousowl sent 0.5 BTC to BitcoinStriker's address:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235516.msg12898529#msg12898529

Doesn't this show BitcoinStriker is owl's another alt? What other possible scenarios could justify sending 0.5 BTC to a random poster in the thread?

To be fair, I'm 'bout 80% certain he did just that: paid a random poster. I checked a many bitcoin wallet addresses, along with BS's posts, and I'd be hard-pressed to connect the two, albeit still not outside the realm of possibility.

What is near-100% fact is that Filip has lost it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: