Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free electricity bills for me  (Read 942 times)
franc0 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:58:42 PM

Ok, so i want to take advantage of my free electricity. Want advice on what hardware to buy taking into account that my electricity bills will be free.

I want speed (GH/S)/ low price hardware for mining. Any advice?

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
left-ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:38:16 PM

I use S2's at the college i am at.....best gh's per $  Im tempted to buy a s7 or something though...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:00:24 AM

Ok, so i want to take advantage of my free electricity. Want advice on what hardware to buy taking into account that my electricity bills will be free.

It all depends on what you can get a good price on.  With "free" you are looking for quick ROI normally used gear.  You started at a bad time as surge raised gear price most likely.

Keep sound and heat in mind when you are thinking about sitting it up.
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:47:07 AM

So for example with a s2 equipment how many bitcoins i can get mining per month..? I know there is a lot of factors, like choosing the right pool and depending on the difficulty of the mathematical problems to resolve. But an approximate?

Half bitcoin per month i could get?  

I'm a professional Spanish translator. Projects like WePower, Envion, Atlant, etc. Among others... are part of my portfolio. Hire me or sign me up as a bounty participant for your project!
franc0 (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:39:14 AM

I use S2's at the college i am at.....best gh's per $  Im tempted to buy a s7 or something though...

Maybe you could answer me that! Smiley

How many bitcoin that miner generates per month for you? half bitcoin?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:08:29 AM

So for example with a s2 equipment how many bitcoins i can get mining per month..? I know there is a lot of factors, like choosing the right pool and depending on the difficulty of the mathematical problems to resolve. But an approximate?

I suggest doing ROI math on a site such as: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

With it you can enter your stat's a speculation on difficulty, and come out with a number.  It should help you a lot.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:59:20 AM

Your electricity may be free but do you have free cooling equipment?  That would limit what you could use.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:36:17 AM

no the s2 can deliver 0.008 per day, which mean 0.24 a month, you need two of them, if diff do not increase

but it will increase in less than two week
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:38:08 PM

Your limit on "free electricity" is probably going to determine the most you can mine.
At this point, you would want to go with Antminer S7 units as they are the most efficient.

On the other hand, if you have enough "free electric" and not enough cash to buy enough miners to max out your power, you might want to look into older miners where you can buy more TH per $ because they're less efficient.

There are too many variables for us to give "One True Answer", other than "It Depends...".

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:42:35 PM

no the s2 can deliver 0.008 per day, which mean 0.24 a month, you need two of them, if diff do not increase

That doesn't sound right at all, that's very close to what my S5 units are generating (.0095 right now theoretical max) - the S2 is a LOT lower hashspeed than the S5.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:15:43 PM

That doesn't sound right at all, that's very close to what my S5 units are generating (.0095 right now theoretical max) - the S2 is a LOT lower hashspeed than the S5.

Almost the same hashrate. 1Th/s

Just different efficencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 01:18:10 PM

They are almost identical in hash rate.  The S2 is a 1TH/s miner that consumes about 1100W at the wall.  The S5 is a 1.155TH/s miner that consumes 590W at the wall.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Never mind, I was thinking S1 for some reason.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:48:14 PM

S2 and S3 for sure. Spondoolies also got some reliable equipment though.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:12:54 AM

S2 and S3 for sure. Spondoolies also got some reliable equipment though.

I would go with the S3 if you truly have "free" electricity.   SP20 is a better miner (along with S5, and Avalon 4.1).  But you are going to pay more for that efficiency.  So higher initial cost.

And if you have "free" electricity efficiency will not be your number one thing but ROI timing will be.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:51:30 AM

Sir you can try avalon cost of 1.6 bitcoin then hashrate is 1.3th/s power consumption is 600-690 wattage
You can earn 0.31964834 BTC per month
If you are  planning buying much hashrate bitmain s7 is good but the price is around 25 bitcoins...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:51:27 PM

Sir you can try avalon cost of 1.6 bitcoin then hashrate is 1.3th/s power consumption is 600-690 wattage
You can earn 0.31964834 BTC per month
If you are  planning buying much hashrate bitmain s7 is good but the price is around 25 bitcoins...

Where are you getting hashrate numbers from?  The newest S7 is 4 BTC not near the 25 BTC you mention.

Even if you did hashnest or something definitely not 25 BTC for 1 S7 miner.  I think you have your numbers crossed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: