Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jamie Dimond is talking too much shit!  (Read 3420 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 10:32:50 AM

The funny thing is that Jamie Dimon talks bad about Bitcoin but spends tons of money on research into the technology that drives Bitcoin, the blockchain.  So, he doesn't think Bitcoin will be accepted by governments but he does believe that banks will use the technology behind it.  Hmmm.  Sounds self serving to me.

The one big thing that's in our favor is that the blockchain needs us.  It won't work without us....it will be interesting to watch how his predictions pan-out when big banks can't get the proper kind of consensus network hashing.  
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justbitcoins

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

“Virtual currency, where it’s called a bitcoin vs. a U.S. dollar, that’s going to be stopped,” said Dimon. “No government will ever support a virtual currency that goes around borders and doesn’t have the same controls. It’s not going to happen.”

We, the ordinary people in the world support bitcoin. Bitcoin does not need the support from governments. As long as they do not ban it, it will be used widely.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:56:42 AM

“Virtual currency, where it’s called a bitcoin vs. a U.S. dollar, that’s going to be stopped,” said Dimon. “No government will ever support a virtual currency that goes around borders and doesn’t have the same controls. It’s not going to happen.”

We, the ordinary people in the world support bitcoin. Bitcoin does not need the support from governments. As long as they do not ban it, it will be used widely.

they cant ban it, there is no problem with it, you sayd it!.

Bitcoin does not need the support from governments

thats the real truth about it, bitcoin only need two guys who accept it and want to make businesses with it, thats all, governments cant stop it is like "torrent" for example, believe me, soon or later they will accept it and try find the way to take his own piece of cake with it Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 10:56:25 PM

thats the real truth about it, bitcoin only need two guys who accept it and want to make businesses with it, thats all, governments cant stop it is like "torrent" for example, believe me, soon or later they will accept it and try find the way to take his own piece of cake with it Wink

Even if governments tried to ban it, they would have a hell of a time enforcing the ban without violating some of their own laws,  like privacy rights, search rights, seizures, due process....etc.  Plus, if they did impose a ban, I'm pretty sure it's value would increase significantly.  There will always be a black market and as long as there is one, there will be a means to make transactions within that market.
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:56:07 PM

Even if governments tried to ban it, they would have a hell of a time enforcing the ban without violating some of their own laws,  like privacy rights, search rights, seizures, due process....etc.  Plus, if they did impose a ban, I'm pretty sure it's value would increase significantly.  There will always be a black market and as long as there is one, there will be a means to make transactions within that market.

The genie is out of the bag and countries like US are already light years away from banning them...farther along the adoption continuum than banning continuum I'd say. Banning crypto currency...would be akin to banning the use of electricity...you could postulate about it, but it will never happen.

Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:03:06 AM

Yeah. That guy is talking way to much shit about Bitcoin. He needs to shut his mouth. I don't really care what he has to say, because what he is saying is bullshit. It's his own opinion, and I don't give a shit about that. I want to know the facts not the fiction.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 11:53:41 PM

The genie is out of the bag and countries like US are already light years away from banning them...farther along the adoption continuum than banning continuum I'd say. Banning crypto currency...would be akin to banning the use of electricity...you could postulate about it, but it will never happen.

It's kinda of like the banning of the use of marijuana in the USA.  Yes, it is still illegal federally but so many people are using it that it would not be economically viable to try to enforce the laws against it.  The people have spoken....
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:39:16 AM

everyone knows termites and woodworm are a real threat to house prices.. yet you dont hear real estate moguls shouting about it..
because its small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

so when a big fatcat mentions bitcoin.. good or bad, you know it has to be a big deal.

so as they always say any press is good press, because it gets people hearing about it and then doing their own research. and to be honest.. anyone that believes negative bull crap just on the face of it, is not really people that would be positive about new things anyway..

.. so let the stew in their negativity for a bit and slowly crawl out of their bubbling depths of stupidity, when they are good and ready.

you can never fight a blind man to suddenly see.. but if you give him time to feel around his reality, he will see the truth sooner or later

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ghepetto

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:26:10 AM

Jamie, why are you yelling at me?

--------------------Bagholder Extraordinaire--------------------
justbitcoins

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:14:37 PM

Jamie, why are you yelling at me?

I do not think he cares about what ordinary people thinks. He serves the high rank officials and get return from them.
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:13:06 PM

The funny thing is that Jamie Dimon talks bad about Bitcoin but spends tons of money on research into the technology that drives Bitcoin, the blockchain.  So, he doesn't think Bitcoin will be accepted by governments but he does believe that banks will use the technology behind it.  Hmmm.  Sounds self serving to me.

The one big thing that's in our favor is that the blockchain needs us.  It won't work without us....it will be interesting to watch how his predictions pan-out when big banks can't get the proper kind of consensus network hashing.  
they don't need the hashing power that bitcoin has. If I recall correctly nasdaq is already using blockchain to transfer stocks between accounts. Blockchain is just a ledger type which keeps keeps info from present to the genesis block. But I still think that bitcoin will surpass all fiat money in the future just because the supply is limited. If banks want to use blockchain to keep track of all the dollars they owe each other that's fine by me.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
cohnhead

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:41:36 PM

they don't need the hashing power that bitcoin has. If I recall correctly nasdaq is already using blockchain to transfer stocks between accounts. Blockchain is just a ledger type which keeps keeps info from present to the genesis block. But I still think that bitcoin will surpass all fiat money in the future just because the supply is limited. If banks want to use blockchain to keep track of all the dollars they owe each other that's fine by me.

Is the nasdaq using any blockchain or are they using "the blockchain" ...the pow... btc blockchain 

Also, the market and shareholders will end up... demanding that they use "the blockchain" as opposed wasting resources in building their own somewhat competing closed system.
USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:24:08 PM

Is the nasdaq using any blockchain or are they using "the blockchain" ...the pow... btc blockchain 

Also, the market and shareholders will end up... demanding that they use "the blockchain" as opposed wasting resources in building their own somewhat competing closed system.
the values on the blockchain can be used to represent anything, just because we call ours bitcoin doesn't mean others can't use the same technology. I guess it was just cheaper for them to build their own blockchain, than make application that registers trades on bitcoins blockchain. And the market shareholders won't demand shit because they are actually holding jack shit, they never held anything and they never will. Most major banks and stock brokers do that for them.

link to news: http://www.coindesk.com/nasdaq-to-unveil-blockchain-based-platform/

let Jamie Diamond sleep, it's good for him. Hopefully when he wakes up, the world as he knew it will no longer exist.
What's your guys opinions on how long it will take him to fully understand bitcoin?

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:59:47 AM

Quote from: Jamie Dimon
... This is my personal opininion: There will be no real non-controlled currency in the world. There's no government that's going to put up with it for long.

Quote from: Jamie Dimon
There will be no currency that gets around government controls.

I know there are some here that belief the governments will just let it slide. Or that there will be some revolution. But seriously, it's very unlikely. It's more likely that the government will put controls in place. They don't like uncontrolled stuff.

Governments are taking steps to take cash out of the equation. Do you really think they're going to let bitcoin be unregulated? I think that's a very, very naive point of view.
cohnhead

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:27:24 AM

the values on the blockchain can be used to represent anything, just because we call ours bitcoin doesn't mean others can't use the same technology. I guess it was just cheaper for them to build their own blockchain, than make application that registers trades on bitcoins blockchain. And the market shareholders won't demand shit because they are actually holding jack shit, they never held anything and they never will. Most major banks and stock brokers do that for them.

link to news: http://www.coindesk.com/nasdaq-to-unveil-blockchain-based-platform/

let Jamie Diamond sleep, it's good for him. Hopefully when he wakes up, the world as he knew it will no longer exist.
What's your guys opinions on how long it will take him to fully understand bitcoin?

And the market shareholders won't demand shit because they are actually holding jack shit, they never held anything and they never will. Most major banks and stock brokers do that for them.

It would be the market....not market shareholders...sorry...like what your competitors are doing...ie doing things faster and cheaper.
Also I think your understanding of stock market isn't correct. If you own shares of stock ...no matter who holds them....you have voting rights.
As far as shareholders voting out board members and changing management of a company...tell activist investors like mr Icahn that that never happens.
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:37:36 PM

Jamie dimond, CEO of JPMorgan said that virtual currencies like bitcoins won't reach up to that mark as they will be stopped by the government before they will reach up to that mark. I don't think that his statement doesn't even make any sense. It's just a stupidity. .bitcoins are reaching up the mark now.
World now needs portability, and everything to be wirelessly and bitcoins are a huge step towards it, so Mr.jamie needs to rethink once more before speaking anything about bitcoins as it's the only currency which connects the whole world together.
USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:42:27 PM

Jamie dimond, CEO of JPMorgan said that virtual currencies like bitcoins won't reach up to that mark as they will be stopped by the government before they will reach up to that mark. I don't think that his statement doesn't even make any sense. It's just a stupidity. .bitcoins are reaching up the mark now.
World now needs portability, and everything to be wirelessly and bitcoins are a huge step towards it, so Mr.jamie needs to rethink once more before speaking anything about bitcoins as it's the only currency which connects the whole world together.
Yea, like how do you make something illegal, after you made it legal. It's not like a bitcoin can harm you. Just a means of exchange.

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:44:36 PM

LOL, he thinks we need permission. lol

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:45:20 PM

I'm fairly sure he's part of the divide and conquer crew; he doesn't want a connected world with fast, efficient & trustless transactions. I'm sure he's getting really pissed off that people are transferring money instantly without the banks permission.
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:37:53 PM

The confidence with which he says it is amazing. If someone was on the fence about BTC and listened to this, it would be very convincing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: