Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:59:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bigger Than the Internet  (Read 176 times)
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 05:58:14 AM

The adventurer Tim Draper said that Bitcoin would become a more dynamic tool than Skype, Hotmail and would be even bigger than the Internet.

Daily purchases will be the future of Bitcoin usage, Draper anticipated. “In five years you are going to try to go buy coffee with fiat currency and they are going to laugh at you because you’re not using crypto,” he said, also noting that he believed there would reach a point where people are no longer interested in holding fiat currency.

At the moment, positive news about bitcoin are rising, with a lack of voices saying "Bitcoin is a bubble".
Many banks have begun to suggest the possibility of accepting Bitcoin and they will only try to regulate and limit illegally activities.

Do you think Bitcoin will become bigger than the Internet?

For me it's the blockchain technology that is bigger than the  internet not the bitcoin. Bitcoin is just one of the applications that runs using blockchain. I really do believe that the best innovation is not bitcoin but the blockchain itself. There are still lots of applications even banks that can benefit using the blockchain technology. Bitcoin is nothing without blockchain but blockchain can live even without bitcoin.

For your question regarding bitcoin will become bigger than the internet the answer is no since the internet is the main key of this all. If there's no internet then you can't access your bitcoin and internet can stand even bitcoin or the blockchain is not yet introduced. Internet may be cheap but when it comes to usage and importance, for me internet is still bigger than bitcoin and blockchain. Its just my opinion though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: