Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: People who just complain about their life.  (Read 1389 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:30:48 AM

I am so tired about trying to give positive input or help people in life that is simply 'unhelpable'. I'm not a saint or 'Mr. know it all', but I know at least 3 things here in life that will propell you forward:

- Work hard
- Work smart
- Don't blame your situation on anything but yourself.

Too many people complain about their government, and how corrupt it is. Fine, then do something about it, start a movement, move to another country, or whatever. If you spend a lot of your time complaining about it, what does it help you in your own life?

Too many complain about being overtaxed or not having a job, or having a hard time getting a job, or earning enough money. So they nag and complain about how bad everything is. Move, get a better job somewhere else, or get an education, and get a job that pays more. Hard times in your country and/or your state? I hear you, but do you really think the situation will be improved by sitting on your ass and complaining all day long ?

I understand it's hard, I understand it's difficult, but man - all this complaining, it only creates a miserable life for yourself.

Truth is - for any man that truly wants it - there will always be opportunities to make a good life for himself and his family, but I never see this happening for anyone that just sat on their ass complaining. Today, with the global internet, this is a wonderful opportunity for coders, entrepeneurs etc. in countries with hard circumstances to start a global business and take advantage of the global market.

Usually, after trying to help 'complainers' for a while, I don't care anymore, because if you hear negative things all the time, you get affected by it yourself. A lot of these people will be completely miserable their entire life, just because of their mindset.

The persons I like to be around are not necessarily the upbeat ones, but the ones that value and understand the worth of hard persistent work over time. Therefore I think this community is quite the refreshment, because there's so many trying to build businesses (and quite a few have succeeded), and because of the openmindedness of this community.

Something doesn't exist? Fine, then we fix it of make it! Smiley

And what's even worse than people coming from struggling economies complaining? That's people from rich countries complaining about being 'bored', and about all kinds of problems that are not really problems, but more like 1st world problems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:34:48 AM

Just imagine if everyone realized how much can be achieved and had the ambition to do it...

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:38:36 AM

Just imagine if everyone realized how much can be achieved and had the ambition to do it...

Or just did 1/4th of what they really were capable to do! All must realize that a long journey/business always starts with an idea/thought, and then you take the first steps, and proceed from there. Maybe you fail, maybe not, but before you tried, you never knew!
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:27:58 AM

I agree with much that was said. I almost never complain and always try to be as humble as possible. One has to remember the vast amount of people who have nothing at all, and how great it is to have food.
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:33:15 AM

I agree with much that was said. I almost never complain and always try to be as humble as possible. One has to remember the vast amount of people who have nothing at all, and how great it is to have food.

It is a very admirable character you display here. However, I don't have a problem with a little bit of complaining, it's just some people ALWAYS complain, and this I get tired of. It's just that it's so little productive and it doesn't solve anything. Some days we're more negative than other days, but there are always outlets we could use to change our mood, I'm sure we all have different ways of dealing with it.

But the fact is that, even though a person has problems, there's most certainly always somebody that have it worse, and would've 'killed' just to be in the position of the first person.

I never understood what was wrong with hard work, and why so many have a problem with it. I learned early on that if I worked twice as hard as my buddies, I got twice the results, no matter what I did.

This holds true for anything in life. Grit, just grinding it out, and take whatever comes your way. And then of course, you have to be smart as well, if you see that things turn for the worse, and your current path is leading nowhere, then abort it and get onto a new path.

Some people look to others to achive things, rely on others to accomplish something. It will never work. Any journey you fully commit to, is something you has to do alone. You can be a member of a great team, and hired by a great company, but if you don't have the DESIRE to excel, you never will.

Some people complain that not everybody can be at the top of their field, or a world champ. This is true, but you can always become a better version of yourself, and I never understood what was wrong with that. If you do something and you spend time doing it, why don't you do it to the very best of your abilities, and trying to improve ? It's a big satisfaction to work hard, and then finally get to your goal, ie. graduating, getting your compay on the stock market, or whatever is the goal.

Another thing that I see people continously struggle with is motivation. No matter the field, no matter the task, if you want to achive something, and the work that needs to be done is stretching over weeks, months and perhaps years, even decades, the  difficult thing is to stay motivated all the way. It's easy to be motivated for a couple of weeks, then without you even noticing it, level of motivation starts to fade, and you can get into a depression etc. So it's important to find ways to stay motivated, and surround you with people that help you stay hungry.

If you want to achive something, then you need to suround yourself with people that share your dreams. If you surround yourself with negative people, it's too easy to be affected with their negativity. Life's great, and there's so many things to learn, so many places to go!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 08:08:20 AM

Complaining isn't productive, but the wrongs of people acting as government cannot be overstated and anyone who points them out has my respect.

Imprisoned by psychopaths for gardening? Just work hard in the prison laundry until you die.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:32:12 AM

People who just complain about others lives.
Fixed that for you. Smiley

I am so tired about trying to give positive input or...

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:53:00 AM

Generally i agree.
Im always optimistic, maybe its a gift, maybe im lucky, who knows.
People even complain when i keep laughing while things go down the drain, "smiling" makes it jsut easier to stand that.

But one thing is for sure, luck plays a role.
Im decently fascinated by "Nassim Nicholas Taleb" book "Fooled by Randomness", it considers there are lucky fools and people who would deserve to prosper but never do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fooled_by_Randomness

Thesis

Taleb sets forth the idea that modern humans are often unaware of the existence of randomness. They tend to explain random outcomes as non-random.

Human beings:

overestimate causality, e.g., they see elephants in the clouds instead of understanding that they are in fact randomly shaped clouds that appear to our eyes as elephants (or something else);
    tend to view the world as more explainable than it really is. So they look for explanations even when there are none.

Other misperceptions of randomness that are discussed include:

Survivorship bias. We see the winners and try to "learn" from them, while forgetting the huge number of losers.
    Skewed distributions. Many real life phenomena are not 50:50 bets like tossing a coin, but have various unusual and counter-intuitive distributions. An example of this is a 99:1 bet in which you almost always win, but when you lose, you lose all your savings. People can easily be fooled by statements like "I won this bet 50 times". According to Taleb: "Option sellers, it is said, eat like chickens and go to the bathroom like elephants", which is to say, option sellers may earn a steady small income from selling the options, but when a disaster happens they lose a fortune.

http://books.google.de/books/about/Fooled_by_Randomness.html?id=DCqFYOrGyegC&redir_esc=y
This book is about luck–or more precisely, about how we perceive and deal with luck in life and business. Set against the backdrop of the most conspicuous forum in which luck is mistaken for skill–the world of trading–Fooled by Randomness provides captivating insight into one of the least understood factors in all our lives. Writing in an entertaining narrative style, the author tackles major intellectual issues related to the underestimation of the influence of happenstance on our lives.

There are things in life where we dont have any influence on but these things influence our entire life.

I of course cant stand complaining people, but i also cant stand to meet a lucky fool who dont even knows how lucky he is, he also will seldom honor it.

Guess in the end its just about making the best off it with all our ability, and yeah, some try harder and those are more likely to archiv but there is never a guarantee,

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 09:54:41 AM

http://www.inspirationandchai.com/Regrets-of-the-Dying.html

I have that text printed out on a paper which I read every day after I wake up. Than I recall what's written on it throughout the day.
It returns much satisfaction, and helps to see the exact unimportant issues that make so many out there feel miserable and complain.

This was great! Bookmarked, and will print it and put it somewhere for everyone in the family to see. I already have realized some of thest hings in my own life. First of all about living the life I want myself, instead of living up to the expectations of others.
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 10:26:29 AM

I know some people that are well educated and have there papers and applied to 10 jobs in a month time.
They get rejected everywhere.
I sure grant them the right to complain about there sucky situation.

Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:11:18 AM

The price for that part is loss of many friends, which at first might seem bad, but it's actualy freeing one from the countless shackles.

It is also said something along the lines of: 1 or 2 close friends are better than a boat full of aquaintances.
Herodes (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:08:13 PM

I know some people that are well educated and have there papers and applied to 10 jobs in a month time.
They get rejected everywhere.
I sure grant them the right to complain about there sucky situation.

They did an education, which was not easy. Kudos to them.
They applied for 10 jobs and got none. That was sad.

Who would not be unhappy about that. But unlike the people who then would give up and just sit on their ass and do nothing, I guess they keep on trying!

And that's what you need to do, keep on trying. There's nobody making your life for you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: