Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupidity or Greed? Why Steal Bitcoin ATM?  (Read 1379 times)
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:30:02 AM

I don't think they understand how bitcoins work. Literally not worth it to steal a Bitcoin ATM. they prob think they can get the funds out somehow

My guess is this was stupidity.

I bet they thought there were actual physical bitcoins that could be taken out of the machine.
They heard about the price increase of bitcoin and said:
"yo bro, lets go to the store that has dat bitcorn atm and take da shiz, crack it open, and be rollin in da bitcorns".

Wrong, they are after the cash people deposit in the ATM.

Use your head.

Still probably not worth.

Stupid of who ever created such a tiny ATM.

I often wondered why Bitcoin ATMs are often tabletop sized which makes them easy to steal. Fiat ATMs are so big it needs a bulldozer to steal one. If a man can lift an ATM by himself then it's not big or heavy enough to be secure even if it's bolted down. It's easier to remove a few bolts than get hold of a bulldozer.

Every single one I used was big like a real ATM, I actually didn't even realize they had small ones until I saw this on the news the other day.  Shocked
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:07:04 PM

I often wondered why Bitcoin ATMs are often tabletop sized which makes them easy to steal. Fiat ATMs are so big it needs a bulldozer to steal one. If a man can lift an ATM by himself then it's not big or heavy enough to be secure even if it's bolted down. It's easier to remove a few bolts than get hold of a bulldozer.

Most of the ATM's are screwed to the floor, so there's no way one man could ever move it without use of forklift or some sort of crane anyways, but as always where there's a will,
there's a way, it's just a bit harder. btw you cant just "remove a few bolts" because they're located on the inner side afaik.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: