Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 6? Any owners out there?  (Read 10332 times)
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:38:20 AM

So i have a row of 7 running off of EVGA 1300w PSU's and by the software they are drawing 11.7-12v and are only running at about 3 Th.  I have another row of 5 running on server PSU's and the software shows them at 12.6v and running at 4 Th.

Pool side it shows the same thing.  7 running at 21 Th or 5 running at 20 Th -- gonna break out the rest of my server PSU's  Wink 
Make sure your controller is running the latest software and update your MM to the latest version. And that should fix your problems.

http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/

http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/mm/latest/

Not sure about MM but I know the firmware is dated 11/11 - But I will definitely get that taken care of.  Thank you

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OregonMines.com

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

OregonMines Official Account

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:39:43 AM

So i have a row of 7 running off of EVGA 1300w PSU's and by the software they are drawing 11.7-12v and are only running at about 3 Th.  I have another row of 5 running on server PSU's and the software shows them at 12.6v and running at 4 Th.

Pool side it shows the same thing.  7 running at 21 Th or 5 running at 20 Th -- gonna break out the rest of my server PSU's  Wink  
Make sure your controller is running the latest software and update your MM to the latest version. And that should fix your problems.

Not sure about MM but I know the firmware is dated 11/11 - But I will definitely get that taken care of.  Thank you
No problem, also check your pools hashrate, a client reported the hashrate on the pool was higher than displayed on the ui.

MM version shown on CGMiner status 601511-e3d244c0

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:44:13 AM

So i have a row of 7 running off of EVGA 1300w PSU's and by the software they are drawing 11.7-12v and are only running at about 3 Th.  I have another row of 5 running on server PSU's and the software shows them at 12.6v and running at 4 Th.

Pool side it shows the same thing.  7 running at 21 Th or 5 running at 20 Th -- gonna break out the rest of my server PSU's  Wink  

Not sure about MM but I know the firmware is dated 11/11 - But I will definitely get that taken care of.  Thank you
No problem, also check your pools hashrate, a client reported the hashrate on the pool was higher than displayed on the ui.

HR is the same on the pool side

I downloaded both the mm.bit and the mm.mcs files.  The mm.mcs file downloaded as a text file  Huh

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
OregonMines.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 05:52:12 AM

I downloaded both the mm.bit and the mm.mcs files.  The mm.mcs file downloaded as a text file  Huh
Right click, save link as; and it should let you save it as an mcs file. The file you need to upload is the mcs one only, once uploaded to the pi it will distribute it to the miners.

OregonMines - Co-located Hosting of Bitcoin and GPU miners. https://www.oregonmines.com - S9 @ $100 / mo, L3+ @ $70 / mo , 4U GPU units start @ $100 / mo in co-location fees. No setup fees. Limited space available today!
kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:53:22 AM

I downloaded both the mm.bit and the mm.mcs files.  The mm.mcs file downloaded as a text file  Huh
Right click, save link as; and it should let you save it as an mcs file

Tried that-- I am on a Mac so I will switch over to a PC and give it a go

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:01:10 AM

Pretty sure I'll be getting my units from oregonmines as they are local and their communication is spot on.  Hopefully I'll be able to grab them this weekend
OregonMines.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 06:18:58 AM

Pretty sure I'll be getting my units from oregonmines as they are local and their communication is spot on.  Hopefully I'll be able to grab them this weekend
Sounds great.

Kilo it can also take 3 or more hours for them to get up to speed.

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:46:19 AM

Pretty sure I'll be getting my units from oregonmines as they are local and their communication is spot on.  Hopefully I'll be able to grab them this weekend
Sounds great.

Kilo it can also take 3 or more hours for them to get up to speed.

I got the updates done on 1 set but it bricked the other 5.  I have tried everything to get them going and no luck.  Going to try rolling back the mm to the previous version.

Rolling it back unbricked them-- not sure what the problem is...going to update again and see if it repeats.

siyecao

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:02:57 AM

From the site "We believe this miner is the most profitable investment on the market."

I wonder how they came to that conclusion given the only other miner on the market today is more efficient and costs less per Th/s.

very much agree wich
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:37:37 AM

Interesting set of numbers and very nice that the input voltage is monitored, great feature.

There is some variance in units with the same voltage but if we plot a simple graph.

There is quite a nice line you could draw.  Smiley  Overclocking at 12.6V seems to giving a nice 4GH/s, is there any chance you can wind the volts down and confirm what happens at the lower voltages?  Smiley Also it would be great to have a set of Power at the Wall numbers to go with these?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
thebonenz

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:54:51 AM

new jersey.

long review would show two-three days of running with different speeds different pools different psu's

db sound .

kilo17 has five to offload.  i will not mark up price but he is the one to determine prices.

he is in center of usa tennesse .

he wants twenty for his mine and me to help him sell off five.

Sweet this might work out perfectly then!

I'm coming up that way from New Zealand for Dec so keen to see if we can work it out. Would love to just carry on one of these back home haha.

Newbie hobby miner who just picked up an S4!
sabercatt

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:21:32 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 04:56:35 PM by sabercatt

on the server psu's, what is the rated wattage and what input voltage are you running them at?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:06:12 AM

Got mine today, and was able to play with it.  So far very good miner.  I still have some testing to do over time.

But my review with some good pictures of the unit and setup is up now to give people a little better idea about the miner - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1257327
OregonMines.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:28:23 AM

Keep the fan speeds low, right now the higher they are set the lower the hashrate is. Also the voltage readings on the ui seem to be wrong.

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:50:02 AM

Keep the fan speeds low, right now the higher they are set the lower the hashrate is. Also the voltage readings on the ui seem to be wrong.

I think that is a partially true statement.  These machines are EXTREMELY voltage sensitive so far in my experience.  I have posted some of the info previously.  If the PSU hits below 12 volts the hash rate drops dramatically.  Also, little things like using the double PCIe cables drops the hash rate on the machines.  I switched from using all double PCIe to singles on all of the EVGA PSU's and the hash rate went up by 200 Gh on each machine.  Also, the ones reading 12.6 v are still running at close to 4 Th.  Those machines I have hooked up to 2 750w server PSU's.  

Look at the picture below at the 6th machine- with double PCIe it runs at about 3Th and with 4 single PCIe it runs at 3.3 Th (second from the bottom)- could be the slight voltage change as well

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:54:07 AM

For the sake of completeness, here are the 5 that are running on 750w server PSU's - 24 hours and going.  The Hash rate is the same pool side -

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:08:04 AM

For the sake of completeness, here are the 5 that are running on 750w server PSU's - 24 hours and going.  The Hash rate is the same pool side -

Very interesting for sure.  Thanks for sharing all the information.   How many watt's are the miners using that are getting the high speeds with the 750 watt PSU's?
kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:09:52 AM

here are my current settings using the 20% stock fan setting:

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:11:43 AM

Tomorrow my electrician arrives to switch me to 240 and then I can switch all of them to my server PSU's (and hook up the rest of the miners  Grin)

kilo17
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:12:54 AM

Very interesting for sure.  Thanks for sharing all the information.   How many watt's are the miners using that are getting the high speeds with the 750 watt PSU's?

I am actually using 3 750w PSU's to power 2 miners. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: