Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A paid shoutbox  (Read 1660 times)
CryptoBjorn (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:31:53 PM

BCT is run by volunteers ig uess.

A good way to give third parties an extra promotion tool would be a

SMS to XX or pay BTC to XXX and get your message posted in a shoutbox./ newsticker

To keep it professional a min. user level of XXX is required else you get ridiculous (sometimes funny though) shouts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 02:44:49 AM by bitcoinhopper

Great idea. maybe even give some dedicated users free shouts every month.

On my old forum we had this.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:12:03 PM

I'm not sure about this personally. What would be stopping someone with a decent amount of bitcoin from spamming a message in the chat box? Even with member restrictions, I can't see it stopping anything unless it was similar to the 'Important Announcement' section where only VIPs and staff can post there.

Also, the people running the forum do get paid. The forum sells advertisements that goes towards forum upkeep and paying staff members.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 03:18:47 AM

I'm not sure about this personally. What would be stopping someone with a decent amount of bitcoin from spamming a message in the chat box? Even with member restrictions, I can't see it stopping anything unless it was similar to the 'Important Announcement' section where only VIPs and staff can post there.

Also, the people running the forum do get paid. The forum sells advertisements that goes towards forum upkeep and paying staff members.

I think that these posts would have to be looked over by forum staff, or maybe limit users to buy one message a day to prevent spam. I think that this is a decent idea though, and perhaps should be implemented.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Bunch of crap in my opinion, sorry. It would quickly turn into a shoutbox spammed with ads and stuff.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:31:18 PM

SMS to XX or pay BTC to XXX and get your message posted in a shoutbox./ newsticker

To keep it professional a min. user level of XXX is required else you get ridiculous (sometimes funny though) shouts.

I'm pretty sure that the moderators and administrators have enough money to get paid for the next 50 years or something from Donators/VIP donations on the past and for Ads auctions now so there is nothing to worry about for that part .
It would be nice to get Shoutbox but it should be free and only allowed to Senior Member and above to prevent some of the spam.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 01:32:53 PM

I'm pretty sure that the moderators and administrators have enough money to get paid for the next 50 years or something from Donators/VIP donations on the past and for Ads auctions now so there is nothing to worry about for that part .
It would be nice to get Shoutbox but it should be free and only allowed to Senior Member and above to prevent some of the spam.

There's the entire freenode IRC you can use for chatting.
Don't you realize the shoutbox would turn to so much spam? Everyone would spam ads or something. It doesn't matter if you put a limit of some sort.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:16:35 AM

Wrong in pretty much all aspects.

1) Look around and tell me; are there many VIPs/Donators around here? No. I personally only see one or two in a month of reading and posting. That's that too much of a good income.

2) Sure, auctions get a decent amount of income. But go down the list of BitcoinTalk subsections and tell me; how many moderators do you see? An absolute ton. The income gets distributed between most (if not all) of them and that doesn't leave too much for a single moderator. Income for the next 50 years would have to be in the tens of millions of dollars, maybe more.

3) You're just adding fuel to the fire. Senior Members aren't even that reputable/trustworthy. A couple months of posting and you become one. They would get bought and sold so fast that you wouldn't have time to blink; and what happens after that? Spam. That's a pretty horrible idea.

Honestly, there's no need for this. Just go and bid for an ad slot if you want to get promoted. Done.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:57:48 AM

Wrong in pretty much all aspects.

1) Look around and tell me; are there many VIPs/Donators around here? No. I personally only see one or two in a month of reading and posting. That's that too much of a good income.

2) Sure, auctions get a decent amount of income. But go down the list of BitcoinTalk subsections and tell me; how many moderators do you see? An absolute ton. The income gets distributed between most (if not all) of them and that doesn't leave too much for a single moderator. Income for the next 50 years would have to be in the tens of millions of dollars, maybe more.

3) You're just adding fuel to the fire. Senior Members aren't even that reputable/trustworthy. A couple months of posting and you become one. They would get bought and sold so fast that you wouldn't have time to blink; and what happens after that? Spam. That's a pretty horrible idea.

Honestly, there's no need for this. Just go and bid for an ad slot if you want to get promoted. Done.

I was more speaking about Donators and Vips out there who donated before and not who are active and posting now and here is their full list : https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
Treasurers (list more then likely is not updated so there should be more ) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155000.0 and this money is probably for the new forum + moderators and administrators . (not sure how much the mods get paid though)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:25:17 PM

I like the idea. But yes only for sr. members or higher.

Spammers can be easily stopped by getting a shout reported (offline)

Since revenue is not the main thing for this feature, some news items could be featured and this way information about important updates will be more dynamic.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:29:16 PM

Watching this thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: