Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer 0.00095 without fee?  (Read 2252 times)
szuetam (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 09:25:44 AM

How to transfer 0.00095 without fee?

Could someone explain me how to do it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 09:31:08 AM

use a patched version of the satoshi client.

WARNING: its the miners that choose to accept your transaction, not your client that forces it upon them. the fee computed by the satoshi client is only a guideline. it would be best to sent the tx with a fee.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:20:21 PM

What is the situation here?  Are you trying to shut down a wallet that has 0.00095 BTC in it?  Or are you trying to pay someone $ 0.01 ?

If you are trying to pay someone a penny, you are probably stuck unless you do solo mining.

If you want to empty out a wallet, just send 1 BTC to it, wait a day or so, and then send the new total balance out.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 01:10:49 PM

THX for advice, it's second case, I just want to shut down.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary
qt

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 02:49:33 PM

Is that 0.00095 from a single input, or is it 95 .00001 inputs?

0.00095 BTC is worth about one US cent. Are you sure it is worth your time to try to get that penny back?

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 03:09:15 PM

Is that 0.00095 from a single input, or is it 95 .00001 inputs?

0.00095 BTC is worth about one US cent. Are you sure it is worth your time to try to get that penny back?

My time will result in future. I believe I wont regret it.
And I have used to waste my time way more stupid.
THX for concern.

And don't take it personal, I think that fee rules are ok.

gmaxwell
Legendary
expert

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 04:17:42 PM

I really hope we don't end up with a large amount of perpetual txout bloat because that kind of thinking.  Perhaps there should be some kind of "send all my private keys to charity" button that sends them to someone who can sweep them up.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:00:52 PM

I really hope we don't end up with a large amount of perpetual txout bloat because that kind of thinking.  Perhaps there should be some kind of "send all my private keys to charity" button that sends them to someone who can sweep them up.

Wouldn't leaving it behind and never spending it be the opposite of bloat?

If it is never spent, then there are no further transactions added to the blockchain that use that value, and the overall value of the rest of the bitcoin in use increases, right?

On the other hand, if it gets spent, then that creates a new transaction that has to be added to the blockchain, which allows it to be used in another transaction that must be added to the blockchain, and so on indefinitely.

So, abandoning it means no more transactions using it, and not abandoning it means potentially millions (billions? trillions?) of transactions using that value in the future, right?

Due to people losing their wallets/private keys and people abandoning bitcoin that they find to be of insufficient value, it is expected that there will be a continuously growing number of txout that will never be spent.  This would be the reason people refer to bitcoin as eventually being "deflationary".

On the other hand, there certainly is reasonable argument that bitcoin is still very young, and that 0.00095 BTC that is worth less than a penny today could be worth $100 in several years.  How much effort would you be willing to put in today if you believed that the effort would result in an additional $100 in your pocket a few years from now?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:18:00 PM

Do you have it on a online wallet? If not, why don't you just export the privat key of the address that has the coins and take it over to the new wallet?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:53:23 PM

If it is never spent, then there are no further transactions added to the blockchain that use that value, and the overall value of the rest of the bitcoin in use increases, right?

On the other hand, if it gets spent, then that creates a new transaction that has to be added to the blockchain, which allows it to be used in another transaction that must be added to the blockchain, and so on indefinitely.

So, abandoning it means no more transactions using it, and not abandoning it means potentially millions (billions? trillions?) of transactions using that value in the future, right?

Due to people losing their wallets/private keys and people abandoning bitcoin that they find to be of insufficient value, it is expected that there will be a continuously growing number of txout that will never be spent.  This would be the reason people refer to bitcoin as eventually being "deflationary".

On the other hand, there certainly is reasonable argument that bitcoin is still very young, and that 0.00095 BTC that is worth less than a penny today could be worth $100 in several years.  How much effort would you be willing to put in today if you believed that the effort would result in an additional $100 in your pocket a few years from now?

Think in terms of stock and flow.  The block chain is a permanent record of flow, but stock is what each client has to check every time a new block or transaction comes in.

Flow (blocks) is easy, just a matter of storage.  Stock (unspent transaction outputs) is what is going to hurt in a few years if we aren't careful.

Losing a key and abandoning transactions creates permanent clutter in the stock that each node has to keep track of.  Spending the transaction just creates one more entry in cheap storage.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
gmaxwell
Legendary
expert

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2012, 05:57:20 PM

No.   The size of the txout set is much more important than the size of the historic chain. Old transaction data is only needed to bootstrap new nodes with zero trust. The txout set needs random access queries in order to do live validation in real time.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 06:17:21 PM

Think in terms of stock and flow.  The block chain is a permanent record of flow, but stock is what each client has to check every time a new block or transaction comes in.

Flow (blocks) is easy, just a matter of storage.  Stock (unspent transaction outputs) is what is going to hurt in a few years if we aren't careful.

Losing a key and abandoning transactions creates permanent clutter in the stock that each node has to keep track of.  Spending the transaction just creates one more entry in cheap storage.

No.   The size of the txout set is much more important than the size of the historic chain. Old transaction data is only needed to bootstrap new nodes with zero trust. The txout set needs random access queries in order to do live validation in real time.

Interesting, I hadn't really thought about that before.  Thanks for the lesson.

So, given the assumption that small value currency will be abandoned with some frequency, how does bitcoin handle the situation long term?  Is the general idea that we simply assume that ever faster hardware will be able to keep up with the ever increasing inventory of abandoned txout records?
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

Do you realize that you could make this amount of coins with 10min of looking at at advertisement on http://www.bitvisitor.com/?  You don't even have to view the page to get paid.  With the time it took you to make this thread, you could have made more money.  

If you think bitcoins will be super valuable some day, just stash the wallet somewhere, and when your 1c turns into $100, then load your wallet up.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

How to transfer 0.00095 without fee?

Could someone explain me how to do it?

send 1.00095 to the address and have them send 1.0 back.  tx for 1 btc or more are generally accepted without fees.

edit:  just send the 0.00095.  it'll go through eventually, it may just take a day or two before it gets in a block.  transaction age is also a consideration for priority, so if you're willing to wait longer before it gets confirmed, just send it.

edit 2: if you're asking because the client won't let you, you need a patched client.  the standard client does that to let you know it won't be accepted, but it really should have a "send anyway" option.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 10:45:31 PM

In that case, you're probably better off using some free bitcoin faucets. You'll get way more than 0.00095 BTC in one or two minutes of your time.

Alternatively, you could transfer 0.0009 BTC with a 0.00005 BTC fee, that should be processed pretty fast.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2012, 10:53:36 PM

In that case, you're probably better off using some free bitcoin faucets. You'll get way more than 0.00095 BTC in one or two minutes of your time.

Alternatively, you could transfer 0.0009 BTC with a 0.00005 BTC fee, that should be processed pretty fast.

THX I have fixed that.
Just simple as copy wallet to my storage and waiting for much better USD/BTC ratio.

THX for your help

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 03:34:11 AM

THX I have fixed that.
Just simple as copy wallet to my storage and waiting for much better USD/BTC ratio.

THX for your help

You're either a tremendous optimist or prepared to wait a very long time  Wink
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 07:27:42 AM

THX I have fixed that.

THX for your help

You're either a tremendous optimist or prepared to wait a very long time  Wink

Both Smiley.

I believe that If tech won't fail, bitcoin could grow at least 10-20% avarage each year, which multiply value about 40x in 20 years. Even more, I think that IF tech will stand strong enaugh it could take some serious part of the market like 10% in 10 years so comparing to today USD trade volume it would be about 50000x -60000x which could make 0,00005 valuable.

And my grandson will ask me:
"Grandpa, grandpa, is that true that it was enaugh to write captcha to earn today daily salary??"

Hehe, I know it's crazy, but haven't you ever wonder how would you spend 1M$ lottery ticket if you would win?
I think that my scenario is more probable than that lottery (mostly because I won't buy lottery tickets Wink).

It's just speculation, not a good place for that.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 06:03:09 PM

Do you realize that you could make this amount of coins with 10min of looking at at advertisement on http://www.bitvisitor.com/?

I hadn't seen bitvisitor before, so gave it a try.

The first 2 sites it had me visit (for 5 minutes each) paid me 0.16 mBTC each.  The 3rd offered me 0.08 mBTC.  I guess each following site will offer less and less, but maybe I'm wrong about that, but so far, from 15 minutes on bitvisitor I've earned 0.40 mBTC.  That's less than half of what OP is trying to reclaim from his wallet.  It seems to me that bitvisitor is paying 1 or 2 cents per hour for my time...

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 06:20:39 PM

The first 2 sites it had me visit (for 5 minutes each) paid me 0.16 mBTC each.  The 3rd offered me 0.08 mBTC.

I kept playing, and the 5th site offered me 0.48 BTC.  I don't know if the payout is random, or how it works:

I put in the captcha code, and saw this:

So the biggest paying site I've found so far is an error page.

Weird.

I wonder if I'll still get paid for viewing the error page.  The countdown at the top of the page is still going.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████