Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize Best hosting company?  (Read 1664 times)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 10:55:07 AM

I usually stick to Namecheap for both hosting and domains. They accept BTC, they're well established, seems like a no-brainer to me Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Novak (Pairex - design)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:05:40 AM

Today almost all providers use virtual servers at the same data centers. Yes sure there are many 'private' servers but even small companies just resell their virtual space at the data centers.

Therefore the question is... what kind of additional features and awesome CPL options they have and what you need. Support quality and uptime, sure.

But even a very good support can't guarantee good uptime. Uptime is all and it depends more on data center responsibility.

Same with internet providers across the globe. There are good and bad segments too.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:05:46 AM

I usually stick to Namecheap for both hosting and domains. They accept BTC, they're well established, seems like a no-brainer to me Smiley

The generally accepted method for safety is to use different providers for domains and hosting. It's a lot like spreading your investments across multiple businesses/stocks -- you don't want all your eggs in one basket because then you give them full control over everything.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:42:23 AM

My tip is to ignore everyone recommending hosting companies. Yes, it sounds a bit harsh. But what's good for them might not necessarily be good for you.

Look around, check everything out, read reviews, and ultimately, try them out. Finding a good host isn't easy, but it's well worth it.

Seems like the OP didn't return to this thread, but imo, answers like Pips' are correct.
This is why i asked for more info from the OP in my first reply...

If you want to host a small, static website that will get 100-500 uniques/day, and it doesn't matter if it only has 95% uptime, you can get hosting for less than a buck a month (or even free).
If you want to host an extensive php/mysql website with 100.000+ visitors, and it is your main income (meaning you want a 99.99% uptime SLA), it'll cost you a lot more.

It's not the best idear to just chose a hosting provider without knowing most of the details...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: