Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:37:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a waste of time mentioning Bitcoin to friends and family?  (Read 14645 times)
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:55:33 PM

There is a problem we encounter when talking with people about Bitcoin, it's that currency still need to be converted into fiat in order to use it and make deals in the most famous marketplaces
we are still having trouble, to use bitcoin directly, buy goods with bitcoin is still very taboo, this makes people less interested

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

Today was a good time when i explained a bit about bitcoin to my relatives, because the price is increasing they are interesting to invest a little bit so i think it's not a waste of time.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:06:52 PM

Today was a good time when i explained a bit about bitcoin to my relatives, because the price is increasing they are interesting to invest a little bit so i think it's not a waste of time.

This is pretty much it, most people becoming interested when there is a general increase in price, not the perfect kind of attention, but it's still positive.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:07:21 PM

Personally, I dont think it's a good time for non-tech people to be introduced. Most if not all mining has gone the way of asics and gpu's, meaning the only feasible option for obtaining bitcoin is too buy straight up. For some this buy-in wall can be daunting.

As for altcoins, (although not in the scope of the OP, also worth mentioning here) there is far too much instability in pricing (and devs) too be a good long term buy, and as for mining, again asic and gpu.

No matter how you choose to enter the bitcoin world, there seems to be quite a stiff buy-in now, with a constant arms-race for miners. Also, for those gullible (read GREEDY lol) few like myself, there's soooooo many opportunities to be scammed out of you hard earned coin/dollars. (eg. XPY, GARZA, Coin Doublers, etc.)

IMHO the nicest and safest thing to do (for your friends and family), is to keep them far away from the BTC/ALT world for now.

Signed,
a perpetual bag-holder
TeamAgar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:09:34 PM

It's never a waste of time.  You can even learn something sometimes from someones fresh perspective, whether you agree with it or not.  
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:09:47 PM

Personally, I dont think it's a good time for non-tech people to be introduced. Most if not all mining has gone the way of asics and gpu's, meaning the only feasible option for obtaining bitcoin is too buy straight up. For some this buy-in wall can be daunting.

Buying is not the only way. Newbies can become signature campaign members, run a website with bitcoin advertising, offer services, trade bitcoins or sell goods. There are quite many options and the bitcoin economy will likely expand.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:12:30 PM

This is pretty much it, most people becoming interested when there is a general increase in price, not the perfect kind of attention, but it's still positive.

Everyone would be interested when something goes up, but i know that they will hate me when the price goes down like the last few weeks but they should understand that investing has always are % of risk.
yoona

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 11:56:26 PM

There is a problem we encounter when talking with people about Bitcoin, it's that currency still need to be converted into fiat in order to use it and make deals in the most famous marketplaces

true, traditional people think like.... technology is a complicated thing that they won't do, so bitcoin too people think they will get trouble to use bitcoin.
it's hard to use because it's hard to understand too.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:56:43 AM

Many people think that Bitcoin is just an "virtual" currency and can't be real money
That's why we need more advertising Bitcoin
lama-hunter

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:00:06 AM

It`s important to bring it to People.. Yes, but you should know how. Maybe you just know some Parts and therefore you should just explain it in your owm words and very short.
So perhaps i might think your friends and family will get it and also know what the bitcoin is  Roll Eyes Also, of course there gonne be People they never gone check it Cheesy like the grandmother maybe Wink

But anyways - Its great you guys think about how to tell somebodyhow you do it for what Wink
tell over your experiences guys.

regards
lama-hunter
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 08:59:29 AM

Many people think that Bitcoin is just an "virtual" currency and can't be real money

my father still refer to bitcoin as a fake money, i've explained to him that the real fake money are those printed out of thin air, but he is helpless

he only see it as a good way for speculation
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:05:33 AM

you must the character of the person who would you introduce bitcoin, if your friend is a person who is interested in the online world,
I am sure he would be interested in the technology bitcoin, and i succes invited my friend to use and learning about bitcoin.

and this is not waste of my time
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 10:56:13 AM

my father still refer to bitcoin as a fake money, i've explained to him that the real fake money are those printed out of thin air, but he is helpless

This is normal, most of the older people are still dismissing Internet. My mother still thinks that the Internet is nothing but a bunch of crazy, imaginary people! Smiley

It's normal that older generations never embrace some never technologies!
Pollak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pollak

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:09:29 AM

This is normal, most of the older people are still dismissing Internet. My mother still thinks that the Internet is nothing but a bunch of crazy, imaginary people! Smiley

It's normal that older generations never embrace some never technologies!

Yes indeed, I've mentioned bitcoin a couple of times to my mom and now she wants to know more about it. She asks questions on how it works what the concept is etc. She's also interested in how the government looks at it.

WizKhalifa

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:40:01 AM

do not think so, i think it may fascinate some but confuse other, but overall it is good to plant the seed in people mind about bitcoin Smiley it may lead to good things
Cs87kxy

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:53:45 AM

It will take several decades for bitcoin to enter main stream. In the meanwhile, we have to work hard to promote it. No promotion, no adoption.

also the vast majority of btc user (even btc talk members) adopt bitcoin for speculation, "fast way to become rich".
But there are some other aspect that are distinct by it's value, take for example blockchain technology... well before talk about the "value" in dollars, it could be better start to talk about the advantage like low fees to send money, no government issues/stopping, and so on...
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:00:36 PM

It will take several decades for bitcoin to enter main stream. In the meanwhile, we have to work hard to promote it. No promotion, no adoption.

also the vast majority of btc user (even btc talk members) adopt bitcoin for speculation, "fast way to become rich".
But there are some other aspect that are distinct by it's value, take for example blockchain technology... well before talk about the "value" in dollars, it could be better start to talk about the advantage like low fees to send money, no government issues/stopping, and so on...
How could you refer Bitcoin as gambling money? Get rich? We all know that gambling is risky! Addicted Gambler could lose every thing. Many ppl probably hate or complain it to you, which causes them lose money.

Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:05:18 PM

Will for some people they just think bitcoin like a fake money. So you need to let them see that is real money and you can earn a lot with it.
My family will my father was like is fake, but when I let him see what it is he is kinda enteresting about it.
The only think that is stoping him he is old and he don't want to learn new things, because is difficult.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:08:34 PM

I think it's okay to mention bitcoin every now and then. I don't think it's a waste of time at all.

But don't push it if they are not interested in the topic of bitcoin.

You can't really force them into it unless they are interested in it and want to know more about it.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:16:55 PM

I think it's okay to mention bitcoin every now and then. I don't think it's a waste of time at all.

But don't push it if they are not interested in the topic of bitcoin.

You can't really force them into it unless they are interested in it and want to know more about it.

You are right, indeed forcing people to use Bitcoin can really make negative results, we have only to explain how it works bitcoin transaction for people to simplify it and then that's could be a strong method to advertise and support this crypto currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: