Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:35:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still keep a fiat retirement account?  (Read 6131 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:35:55 PM

I will never convert a single penny of my retirement money into anything. It will stay as it is. I am a real Bitcoin believer and I think we will see great things from Bitcoin in the coming years. That's why I am holding a fair amount of coins in cold storage. That will be my bonus retirement money. Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:41:09 PM

I'm 99% sure that most of the Bitcoin supporters on this board still do have a fiat retirement account. Even though Bitcoin might very well be the currency of the future, in the event people retire early, or for any other reason, they'll still hold fiat so they can retire comfortably.

I think only a small minority of people on this board do not have a fiat job, or at least want to have a fiat job.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:12:40 AM

ofc most of us still got a fiat retirement fund, i would be more suprised if someone did not have it Smiley
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:41:47 AM

I do believe in bitcoin strongly, but I absolutely do have a fiat/investment retirement fund and will continue to do so until I retire regardless of what bitcoin does.

I worked too hard to build up my current retirement fund up to convert it all to bitcoin at this point. The way I see it, if anything, it can be a hedge if bitcoin doesn't go as high as speculated or anticipated by the time I actually do retire.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:36:20 AM

i think otherwise, we still dont know how long bitcoin can last, if the investment in fiat or gold it will be valuable until your country collapsed, so for long time investment fiat is the best, but if for short term period its better to keep bitcoin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:51:48 AM

even if i wanted, it's not even possible here to withdraw my current fiat retirement account and convert all that to bitcoin. bitcoin is nice and has a great future ahead of it. but that doesn't mean people will leave fiat behind and go full on bitcoin.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:17:30 AM

even if i wanted, it's not even possible here to withdraw my current fiat retirement account and convert all that to bitcoin. bitcoin is nice and has a great future ahead of it. but that doesn't mean people will leave fiat behind and go full on bitcoin.

Well described in the growing economy, it is highly impossible to make everything into bitcoin though we clearly know bitcoin is gonna get used a lot in the future than now.
CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:48:23 AM

Bitcoin is still too unstable to hold any large value for a high period of time. Obviously, this will change over time as more people use it. For now FIAT is still more reliable.
But I think bitcoin will appear more reliable if we know complete knowledge about bitcoin. It is true that the price is fluctuating but it does not mean that it is not reliable a person who is well aware about bitcoin can secure and increase his / her money with bitcoin.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:07:46 AM

currently no I do not think to that way because i'm still focus on my bitcoin although prices looks unstable but with the growing popularity of bitcoin i hope people in the future will preferring bitcoin than fiat
nuevo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:12:35 AM

I still have a 401k and I love that I had to say out loud the other day, "hey my 401k is only down 5% compared to 18% earlier this year!."

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:40:25 PM

I will never convert a single penny of my retirement money into anything. It will stay as it is. I am a real Bitcoin believer and I think we will see great things from Bitcoin in the coming years. That's why I am holding a fair amount of coins in cold storage. That will be my bonus retirement money. Smiley
The same is here, I am also a strong believer on bitcoin and according to my views the great thing will happen in this year and for that I also have stored a big amount in cold storage of my wallet and counting days  Roll Eyes.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 09:40:19 AM

ofc most of us still got a fiat retirement fund, i would be more suprised if someone did not have it Smiley
I have a fiat retirement account but after knowing about the features of bitcoin , now I am more attracted towards bitcoin and so now I am deciding to convert all my amount to bitcoin as it will benefit me more.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 10:01:20 AM

If you are a true believer that be dollar and other fiats are doomed should you then cash out your fiat retirement account for btc, metals or real estate?

I have a Roth IRA with some money in it and I am debating on if I should liquidate that or keep contributing to it for the next 30 years.

i am a believer in bitcoin but i still keep a fiat retirement account because that is a sure thing while bitcoin is not 100% sure.
so i only invest my extra money that i don't need and willing to risk on bitcoin, and keep buying it until the price goes up.

--looking for signature--
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 10:47:28 AM

If you are a true believer that be dollar and other fiats are doomed should you then cash out your fiat retirement account for btc, metals or real estate?

I have a Roth IRA with some money in it and I am debating on if I should liquidate that or keep contributing to it for the next 30 years.

i am a believer in bitcoin but i still keep a fiat retirement account because that is a sure thing while bitcoin is not 100% sure.
so i only invest my extra money that i don't need and willing to risk on bitcoin, and keep buying it until the price goes up.

Not only fiat. It can also be kept in some other forms of investment. Only depending upon a single source might lead to some problem. So keeping alternate solution seems good.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 10:52:28 AM

Not only fiat. It can also be kept in some other forms of investment. Only depending upon a single source might lead to some problem. So keeping alternate solution seems good.

Ya it is true fiat retirement will fetch you only small interest percentage but if you keep in metal like gold or in bitcoins or even in real estate you can get good returns if that turns out good. So keep 50% in fiat retirement and balance you can do in any one or keep everything equal so you can get maximum benefit of your retirement.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:06:46 AM

I don't have it yet. but have plan to make one fiat account.. I think it is improtant for everyone to make a fiat retirement account. because we can't depend on bitcoin only. we still need fiat accounts. fiat money is still our necessary to purchase daily things and for doing shopping.
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:10:24 AM

Im still far away from my retirement so i think fiat will still be on my retirement plan.
Since its mandatory to that in my country i will be using that when i retire.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:32:11 AM

Unfortunately I have no retirement plan as such but only a little savings plan where I put in 100 bucks a month and earn 7% yearly for it like an endowment plan bt that's it. I am hoping ot offset my limitations of retirement by building up a bit if bitcoin. Still struggling though to get my whole round 1 bitcoin in savings but I am trying.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:22:48 AM

Unfortunately I have no retirement plan as such but only a little savings plan where I put in 100 bucks a month and earn 7% yearly for it like an endowment plan bt that's it. I am hoping ot offset my limitations of retirement by building up a bit if bitcoin. Still struggling though to get my whole round 1 bitcoin in savings but I am trying.
I think it is very risky for long-term investments in altcoin. altcoin potential is smaller than the bitcoin,
so investing for your pension better choose bitcoin than altcoin

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:44:08 AM

I think it is very risky for long-term investments in altcoin. altcoin potential is smaller than the bitcoin,
so investing for your pension better choose bitcoin than altcoin

He didn't even mentioned the word altcoin. Not sure where you get that from. But you are indeed right about altcoins. "investing" in altcoins is quite the same as gambling. It's a short term thing with too much risk of ending up with 90% losses overtime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: