Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:13:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert De Niro revealed he may consider applying for Russian citizenship  (Read 4504 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:59:35 PM

1 hectare per one russian for free:

https://www.rt.com/politics/322404-government-drafts-bill-on-free/

But that will work for citizens only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:31:45 PM

1 hectare per one russian for free:

https://www.rt.com/politics/322404-government-drafts-bill-on-free/

But that will work for citizens only.

Thats very interesting - I hereby bestow upon Putin the honourary title of "PracticalDreamer".

Hold on - "the east" ? - does that mean Siberia ?

Anyhow, its noble in intent.

The Scottish Government would like similar land reforms over here - but they haven't quite worked out how to disposess Egyptian Mohamed Al Fayad of his 65,000 acre Balnagown Estate - or that of other absent middle eastern landlords (oil barons ?) land holdings. They now constitute the single largest landholding group, in the Highlands at least - if not in Scotland.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:36:52 PM

Far Eastern District. Jewish Autonomous Region, Khabarovsk Krai, Amur Oblast and so on.
practicaldreamer

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:47:56 PM

Far Eastern District. Jewish Autonomous Region, Khabarovsk Krai, Amur Oblast and so on.

"Taiga and tundra in the north, swampy forest in the central depression, and deciduous forest in the south are the natural vegetation in the area." - and to the east, the Pacific.

Sounds good to me.

1 hectare you say ?

I never mentioned it before but I have ancient ancestry from over there - my great great grandfather on my mothers side was named Uzala. Dersu Uzala.

Do you think I might qualify ?
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:04:44 PM

There is a right on repatriation, of course. But, as far I know, current law doesn't define any legal terms like "russian people" or "russian nation". The term "compatriot" is used instead, and its definition is not so clear for me. I think only lawyer will be able to answer this question correctly. Roll Eyes

msc_de

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:33:12 PM

Is there any reason why Robert 'De Biro' wants Russian citizenship? What possible advantage is there for him?

Low tax rates can be one of the reasons. Remember Gérard Depardieu? He dumped his French passport, and applied for the Russian citizenship after the French government increased the income tax rate to 75% (In Russia, the rate of income tax is a uniform 13%). The VAT is also one of the reasons. A liter of gasoline costs €1.329 in Germany, while it costs just €0.537 in Russia.

this did not made sense, from macro-economic theory, you should compare the price of Hamburger in McDonald, both in germany and russia.
 the normal monthly salary divided by the cost of 1 Hamburger of McDonald, then you can see who can buy more Hamburgers to eat, russian or german.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:05:04 PM

How arable is that land? Any jobs out there?

“God does not play dice"
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:42:48 PM

Currently, more than 50% of arable lands of Far East aren't used for anything. It seems as a real reason of free land distrubution. There are also other types of lands, such as forests.

http://expert.ru/2015/01/19/zemlyu---kitajtsami/ (in russian)

He also said that currently there are 614 million hectares of land in the state property in the Far East, a land of different categories.

"We want to establish a mechanism of free land allocation for each inhabitant of the Far East as well as to every person who would like to come to the Far East, one hectare of land that can be used for agriculture, business, forestry, hunting", - Trutnev said.

They also assume that the most of arable land will not be used in the near future. However, the productivity of agricultural crops will grow in the coming decades due to climate change, it will make lands more attractive for agriculture. I.e. it's a kind of long-term asset.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 03:08:03 PM

Currently, more than 50% of arable lands of Far East aren't used for anything. It seems as a real reason of free land distrubution. There are also other types of lands, such as forests.

http://expert.ru/2015/01/19/zemlyu---kitajtsami/ (in russian)

He also said that currently there are 614 million hectares of land in the state property in the Far East, a land of different categories.

"We want to establish a mechanism of free land allocation for each inhabitant of the Far East as well as to every person who would like to come to the Far East, one hectare of land that can be used for agriculture, business, forestry, hunting", - Trutnev said.

They also assume that the most of arable land will not be used in the near future. However, the productivity of agricultural crops will grow in the coming decades due to climate change, it will make lands more attractive for agriculture. I.e. it's a kind of long-term asset.
Meanwhile, this bill was submitted to the lower house of parliament and, most likely, it will get the majority of votes.

http://vz.ru/news/2016/4/6/803920.html (in russian).
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:31:55 PM

I'm going to live in russia soon escape from evil west before it's too late
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:37:40 PM

Meanwhile, this bill was submitted to the lower house of parliament and, most likely, it will get the majority of votes.

http://vz.ru/news/2016/4/6/803920.html (in russian).

I am afraid that 1 hectare is too small to attract farmers or other investors. The area should be increased to at least 10 hectares. This will enable the investors to make medium-scale investments on sectors such as logging, animal husbandry, and agriculture. Also, rather than allotting the land permanently, it should be leased out with long-term contracts (such as 49-years, or 99-years).
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:09:35 AM

I am afraid that 1 hectare is too small to attract farmers or other investors. The area should be increased to at least 10 hectares.
Then we wouldn't have enough land to distribute it between those who are willing to get it. There are 614 million hectares of unused public land, which is available for distribution. This number, being divided by 10, gives us only 61 million of potential receivers, that's not so much.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:16:05 PM

I am afraid that 1 hectare is too small to attract farmers or other investors. The area should be increased to at least 10 hectares.
Then we wouldn't have enough land to distribute it between those who are willing to get it. There are 614 million hectares of unused public land, which is available for distribution. This number, being divided by 10, gives us only 61 million of potential receivers, that's not so much.

How many families are there in Russia? 35 million at the most. And out of that, how many would be interested in moving to the rural areas of Eastern Siberia, where there is no electricity or broadband? The number might be less than 1 million. So let me do the math. 10 hectares to each of these families would mean that the government would need 10 million ha. (100,000 sq.km).
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:36:24 AM

How many families are there in Russia? 35 million at the most. And out of that, how many would be interested in moving to the rural areas of Eastern Siberia, where there is no electricity or broadband? The number might be less than 1 million. So let me do the math. 10 hectares to each of these families would mean that the government would need 10 million ha. (100,000 sq.km).
It's not about families, it's about individuals.

It also should be noted that this law won't require a permanent residence on the granted land. You will be allowed to have this land in your property even if you're living in Kaliningrad. You will also be able to pass it to your children, as part of inheritance, or just rent it to someone else. The only difference from having this land in private property is that you won't be allowed to sell it.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:00:37 PM

It also should be noted that this law won't require a permanent residence on the granted land. You will be allowed to have this land in your property even if you're living in Kaliningrad. You will also be able to pass it to your children, as part of inheritance, or just rent it to someone else. The only difference from having this land in private property is that you won't be allowed to sell it.

That will be a very wrong move. People will just take the land, and will do no productive work on that plot. Also giving out 4 ha. or 5 ha. each to the families will be much better than awarding one hectare to individuals, as the plot size will be big enough to allow medium scale and small scale projects such as poultry or dairy farms.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:18:09 AM

That will be a very wrong move. People will just take the land, and will do no productive work on that plot. Also giving out 4 ha. or 5 ha. each to the families will be much better than awarding one hectare to individuals, as the plot size will be big enough to allow medium scale and small scale projects such as poultry or dairy farms.

Back in the day, the U.S. had a homestead program.  One had to 'prove up' before title was granted meaning that various developments needed to occur.  Land cleared, fences, structures, etc.  In my area a homestead was about 65 ha.  I live on property originally homesteaded by ancestors around the turn of the century (1900).  Rugged area so the amount of land suitable for agriculture is perhaps 10 ha of the original homestead if that.  That's enough to provide a decent quality of life for a family (if they don't mind working their asses off), but not much excess.  During the depression 'the ranch' provided potatoes for the extended family, many of whom lived in town, and there were half a dozen hogs which could be sold to raise a little money and stuff like that.

The old homesteads are gradually being abandoned and going back to nature.  It's really only 'sustainable' and efficient to stack-n-pack humans into high density housing in population centers.  Humans are still 'free range' in that they can walk or bicycle down to some 'green space' if they like.  There is no reason why humans cannot be kept as efficiently as other animals are on a factory farm, and that seems to be what 'the powers that be' have in mind.  If, for whatever reason or set of reasons, Putin has limited interest in going along with the program that is very interesting indeed and very hopeful for the Russian people.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:06:29 AM

https://www.rt.com/business/341892-far-east-land-infrastructure/

President Vladimir Putin has ordered free land handouts in Russia’s Far East should be provided with minimal infrastructure. On Monday, he signed a law offering land plots of 1 hectare (2.5 acres) to citizens for free.
“We should work with regional authorities, so that land plots are allocated in areas with at least minimal infrastructure,” Putin said on Wednesday while meeting with Russia's Far East Development Minister Alexander Galushka.

According to the minister, the infrastructure could be provided to a group of twenty land owners. He said that since the ministry has announced the idea of land development, people have started applying. They suggest cooperation of about 200-300 people, said Galushka, adding that then the provision of infrastructure becomes possible, even if it’s not a highly-developed one.

The Minister also said that the Cabinet is preparing a bill on lowering electricity prices in the Far East to the average cost in Russia.

The idea of a so-called ‘Russian Homestead Act’ was first proposed in early 2015 by the presidential envoy to the Far East Federal District, Yury Trutnev, who suggested offering large plots of land for free to anyone willing to resettle to the Russian Far East to start a farm or business. The program is one of the initiatives aimed at boosting the economy in the region.

Anyone is entitled to apply for up to hectare of land in the Kamchatka, Primorye, Khabarovsk, Amur, Magadan and Sakhalin regions, the republic of Sakha, or the Jewish and Chukotka autonomous districts.

The land can be used for any lawful purpose but can only be rented, sold, or given away after an initial five-year period. Foreigners are also allowed to use the land, and the registration of full property rights is only possible after the naturalization of potential owners.
EUROPEANTURK

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:02:58 PM

" When asked whether he would follow the example of boxer Roy Jones and apply for Russian citizenship, the star noted that he would probably consider it, as you never know what the future brings, but it was too early to make such predictions."

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151110/1029845386/de-biro-may-be-seeking-russian-citizenship.html

if he apply for russian citizenship , it will be very good for him.. i love russia and russian people.. they are so crazy ..i think russia will be the best place to live in in near future..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:02:57 PM

The land can be used for any lawful purpose but can only be rented, sold, or given away after an initial five-year period. Foreigners are also allowed to use the land, and the registration of full property rights is only possible after the naturalization of potential owners.

This can be problematic. Rural Russians or Yakuts will get the land, and then rent them out to the Chinese. Tens of thousands of Chinese farmers will flood to the far-east, and they will outnumber the Russians in the villages. Also, the Japanese might use this option to get a toehold in the island of Sakhalin, and the Kuriles.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 04:13:13 PM

This can be problematic. Rural Russians or Yakuts will get the land, and then rent them out to the Chinese. Tens of thousands of Chinese farmers will flood to the far-east, and they will outnumber the Russians in the villages. Also, the Japanese might use this option to get a toehold in the island of Sakhalin, and the Kuriles.

The draw for allowing foreigners to utilize the resource is that they may bring in capital to foster infrastructure development.  I would hope that Russia embraces a 'nationalist' policy which attempts to favor their present people and their culture (and codifies this favoritism up-front so nobody can claim surprise) but also leverages external realities which can speed the project toward a conclusion which works for everyone.

From what little I know of this Russian project (exclusively what I read here on this board) this looks to me like Putin putting a thumb in the eye of the Globalist and their projects expressed by the U.N. sponsored 'human habitat' projects.  That is, effectively, people actually owning nothing but rather forced to dump what excesses they earn into the pockets of rent-seekers, artificial scarcity and surveillance of various types the norm, and packed like sardines into human mega-centers.  By consolidating people away from resource-rich environments it paves the way for monopolization of these resources by multi-national corporations and economies of scale which characterizes the utilization of agricultural resources in the U.S. at present...or at least the strong trend.  I suspect (or at least hope) that the peoples of the former Soviet Union are still primed to reject this as a life-way.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: