Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:45:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you claimed Crypto Coin earnings on your tax return ?
Yes - 5 (41.7%)
No - 7 (58.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do tax rules apply when digital currency is used?  (Read 1605 times)
1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:35:12 AM

it's about the law and the biggest baddest law of them all ! TAXATION

You kids out there think the tax laws are some kind of little joke..

How so, Spoetnik? I don't think anyone, at least in this thread, is refusing to take these tax laws seriously.
What really puzzles me is this: How is it that this community identifies the fiat monetary system as a Ponzi scheme and yet cannot see the origin of the fraud?
How is it that nobody here knows where the money ACTUALLY comes from?
And why did you not refute any of the facts in that source? It's so Easy to spread FUD when you are misinformed and choose ignorance--deliberately!
So, if the Revenue agents are debt collectors, where is their contract with you? Is it based on consent, or is it based on presumption? Is your status as a "taxpayer" even based on any valid law or express contract, or is it all a presumption and implied contract?
Do look at the facts surrounding the IRS because the situation in Canada is almost no different.
Also, take a look at this eye-opening video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaFiX7fV7fs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:47:08 AM

uhhm what ? LOL

i'd say your reaching.

some of you were saying it's a matter of opinion. (tax laws are not opinions)

i'd say no it's not.. law yes or law no.
there is no in between.. but obviously no law would be more of a grey area.
Such as piracy.. downloading MP3's (in Canada) is not illegal but it's not been deemed legal either (a grey area)
But laws for filing a tax return are i think a lot more black and white.

it's not about conspiracies to me.. just ice cold concrete facts.
If anyone has heard of specific laws pertaining to claiming crypto coin revenue by name please post.
trying to interpret coin revenue into capital gains or something is not what i meant.

FUD first & ask questions later™
1aguar

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:42:52 PM

Opinion? I posted 25 facts, including this one, all of which you ignored:

"The IRS agents have no legal authority to demand anything from you, if there are no 3rd party informational documents sent to them with your name on it."
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 05:18:10 PM

"The IRS agents have no legal authority to demand anything from you, if there are no 3rd party informational documents sent to them with your name on it."

Make sure you save this link so you can use it as 'Exhibit A' for your defense later on

1aguar

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:26:08 PM

Make sure you save this link so you can use it as 'Exhibit A' for your defense later on
Defend myself? Oh, it is so easy; this fact I quoted is just the start... It IS a fact, but since you do not understand the context of the law and the presumptions that are made in the process, you will not believe it. You will probably call it a "conspiracy theory". You can choose to fear the taxman, but I will not; I know who I am and I know the law (commercial law). I will not offer tribute to any authority. I question authority, and find the truth for self, but you volunteer to give tribute to the taxman without thinking.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:53:12 PM

I touched on this point in my original post, but if you want to live in a reasonably nice society with roads and stuff: taxation is a necessary evil.

Very few have the resources to live as stateless outlaws, so most of us will use every day a lot of stuff that has been built using tax revenues.
Roads are one example: education, policing, sanitation......the list goes on. So, if you use this stuff: pay for it.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:44:24 PM

Yup good point EvilDave !
And Spots is right again too.. sounds like we got one of those i don't have to pay tax guys here.. funny ahhaha
i'm not going to debate whether it's unconstitutional or not.. it's a law.
And it's a very strict heavily enforced law you do NOT want to screw with.. no matter where your from.

1aguar

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:22:43 PM

sounds like we got one of those i don't have to pay tax guys here.. funny ahhaha

Why make a thread and poll if you don't want to hear opinions contrary to your own?

Do tax rules apply? Sure, but only to corporations located within the Federal Zone.

“The individual, unlike the corporation, cannot be taxed for the mere privilege of existing. . . . The individual's rights to live and own property are natural rights for the enjoyment of which an excise cannot be imposed.”
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

sounds like we got one of those i don't have to pay tax guys here.. funny ahhaha

Why make a thread and poll if you don't want to hear opinions contrary to your own?

Do tax rules apply? Sure, but only to corporations located within the Federal Zone.

“The individual, unlike the corporation, cannot be taxed for the mere privilege of existing. . . . The individual's rights to live and own property are natural rights for the enjoyment of which an excise cannot be imposed.”

i could tell early on here quick you have some outlandish *unusual views.
average people i am sure understand that paying taxes.
hires police, fire, ambulance.
builds roads vs making your own.
space exploration.
emergency rescue at sea (coast guard)
Army (so you don't have the Iraq flag on your money)

i do agree though there should be land set aside tax free to people who want to live in the country off the grid.
there is plenty of arguing in Canada when homeless people set up tents in public parks. (tent cities)
and i side with them.. there should be enough land for people to go and have a place of their own.
But all land is pre-owned, usually by the govt or indian reserves.

the tent city issue boils down to cities claiming they have no right to be there because there are shelters available.
i think that is a crock of shit !

and so does a judge in Abbotsford, BC, CAN who recently ruled the Tent City guys could legally stay in the park.
this freaked out municipalities all over fearing they would have to open their parks to the homeless.
obviously they don't expect tent city guys to pay tax on the accommodation in Abbotsford.

all i ever say is we have to work with what we got.. laws are laws.
if they exist you can't just close your eyes and pretend there is no speed limits or something.
if you want a law changed or removed that is another discussion lol

1aguar

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:41:09 AM

"Army (so you don't have the Iraq flag on your money)"
What did the Iraqis ever do to you? They had WMDs? They did 9/11? What about the fact that this same US military slaughtered 150,000 Iraqis on February 28 1991, in a brutal, horrendous war crime? This same military was ordered to kill these surrendering troops, who were then bulldozed into mass unmarked graves in the desert, some still alive. That makes you feel good and happy? That was worth the expense?

In the US, "all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers expect from their government". The income tax is voluntary, and everything in this nation is voluntary, it is in the laws (Statutes at Large and Constitution), but you were never made aware of HOW or WHY, even though it is repeated by everyone from Senators to the IRS. Your posts are full of conjecture, never any citations. You need to know the law and do your own thinking. I bet there are lots of things that you are not aware of or never thought about.

I once bought bitcoin from an old lady who told me that she receives all kinds of state benefits and she keeps all of her money and savings in gold so that it is not tracked or taxed. Smart lady; she did not need an accountant or the government to tell her what to do with HER property.

By the way, if you have never sent in any direct and simple questions to the tax authorities, then you would not know even the first thing about taxation, since you never bothered to ASK.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:16:13 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2021, 06:06:17 PM by fr4nkthetank

rm
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:58:49 AM

"Army (so you don't have the Iraq flag on your money)"
What did the Iraqis ever do to you? They had WMDs? They did 9/11? What about the fact that this same US military slaughtered 150,000 Iraqis on February 28 1991, in a brutal, horrendous war crime? This same military was ordered to kill these surrendering troops, who were then bulldozed into mass unmarked graves in the desert, some still alive. That makes you feel good and happy? That was worth the expense?

In the US, "all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers expect from their government". The income tax is voluntary, and everything in this nation is voluntary, it is in the laws (Statutes at Large and Constitution), but you were never made aware of HOW or WHY, even though it is repeated by everyone from Senators to the IRS. Your posts are full of conjecture, never any citations. You need to know the law and do your own thinking. I bet there are lots of things that you are not aware of or never thought about.

I once bought bitcoin from an old lady who told me that she receives all kinds of state benefits and she keeps all of her money and savings in gold so that it is not tracked or taxed. Smart lady; she did not need an accountant or the government to tell her what to do with HER property.

By the way, if you have never sent in any direct and simple questions to the tax authorities, then you would not know even the first thing about taxation, since you never bothered to ASK.

You should zip that up.. your Crazy is showing son !

I am a known critic of the US govt. and i am no fan of the US army that is for sure.
I am already on your side but your trying to fight me LOL
I am in Canada and i was proud to have American soldiers come to Canada way back instead of go to Iraq etc

FunFact:
Molson Canadian beer inc. has used the slogan "I AM" for many decades in their advertising campaigns.

All i was trying to say is having your country defended from what ever attacker (no one specific)

Did you just hear about some 911 conspiracy just now ?
You seem riled up about old news.. welcome to the real world  Roll Eyes
I also shouldn't have to "ask"
this is a topic on Tax.. so post your tax related comments....

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: