Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant get paid on BTC Guild - SOLVED  (Read 1610 times)
jatajuta (OP)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:34:14 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2011, 10:49:15 PM by jutajata

Im getting the error:

The wallet address on file is invalid. Contact webmaster@eleuthria.com if this error appears and your wallet is valid.

Its the same wallet i use on deepbit and works fine there so its not invalid, what's happening? Why I can't get paid for my honest labor  Huh

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genrobo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:35:37 PM

is there a space before or after the wallet address on btcguild?
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:42:17 PM

No space on both sides.  Undecided

Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:42:31 PM

Im getting the error:

The wallet address on file is invalid. Contact webmaster@eleuthria.com if this error appears and your wallet is valid.

Its the same wallet i use on deepbit and works fine there so its not invalid, what's happening? Why I can't get paid for my honest labor  Huh

Just delete the address and save/update.  Then, go to your addressbook in your bitcoin client and select it and choose copy to clipboard.  Go back to BTC Guild and paste it (Ctrl-V ... I assume you know the shortcut, but just in case) and then save/update again.  If you have the payout lock activated then it will take 24 hours until you are allowed to payout (it is not possible to turn off payout lock).

What I have just said is that you almost certainly have something stored there that is incorrect ... perhaps a space [I doubt it], maybe a special character of some kind that got through, but isn't visible [not that likely ... the operator seems to know his stuff when it comes to writing PHP code which is used for that site].  So, by doing what I said, you essentially reset your address to BLANK.  Then you are absolutely positive that you have the correct address in your clipboard as I indicated and then paste it which performs a perfect address reset for you.

If you still have issues other than having to wait 24 hours to payout, then post your question in the BTC Guild thread [I still think there should be separate sub-forums for each pool rather than one long thread which can be very difficult to follow the meanderings through many different topics].

I hope this helps.  Good luck.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Veldy

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:46:52 PM

I implied that might be the case in my post that just followed yours.  The pool operator seems to really know his PHP code though and while I am not a web developer, I have dabbled a bit in PHP for fun and know that there are library functions to fix a lot of common issues like that [trim white space, special characters and encode strings for the post and later display such that they don't cause invalid HTML.  Since leading and trailing white space [and newline and/or return special characters] are often embedded in a given field, trimming both ends of the string of these common issues is pretty much a given for a web developer with any experience which clearly this guy has if he wrote the initial site in about a week [and makes changes by request quickly and easily].

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
jatajuta (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:48:48 PM

I implied that might be the case in my post that just followed yours.  The pool operator seems to really know his PHP code though and while I am not a web developer, I have dabbled a bit in PHP for fun and know that there are library functions to fix a lot of common issues like that [trim white space, special characters and encode strings for the post and later display such that they don't cause invalid HTML.  Since leading and trailing white space [and newline and/or return special characters] are often embedded in a given field, trimming both ends of the string of these common issues is pretty much a given for a web developer with any experience which clearly this guy has if he wrote the initial site in about a week [and makes changes by request quickly and easily].

+1
Thanks it worked! Problem solved.

Genrobo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:53:03 PM

The simplest solution is always easiest to try first.
Veldy

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 12:41:30 AM

Yes, and very often the correct solution [easiest solution usually means an easy mistake to make Smiley].

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: