Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:10:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-06] Ebay is preparing for more digital currencies  (Read 679 times)
milaliss (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:36:11 AM

Ebay is preparing for more digital currencies
Ebay is preparing to expand the range of digital currencies it accepts, the company's spokesman revealed in an interview to the Financial Times.
http://www.coinfox.info/news/3607-ebay-is-preparing-for-more-digital-currencies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justbitcoins

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:26:10 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 11:41:00 AM by justbitcoins

Ebay does not even accept bitcoin, and is thinking of integrating more currencies. It should introduce the bitcoin service first.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 08:34:45 AM

From the look of things it seems like they are more heading in a direction where they want to implement their own crypto-currency on their platform. It can be possible that users will have a kind of wallet where they deposit their fiat into which will then be exchanged to the digital coins which will be used to transact on the E-Bay platform.

So you will buy and or sell in their crypto-currency and convert this back to your fiat of choice in your wallet before withdrawing it. Can be completely wrong but from the look of things this seems to be a likely scenario.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:45:16 AM

They're possibly frightened that the OpenBazaar platform will hurt their business.

Get moving eBay, you're running out of time, and your marks "customers" lost patience with you years ago (I speak as a former eBay account holder)

Vires in numeris
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:27:35 AM

They're possibly frightened that the OpenBazaar platform will hurt their business.

Get moving eBay, you're running out of time, and your marks "customers" lost patience with you years ago (I speak as a former eBay account holder)

Exactly, who gives a crap about Ebay when Openbazaar is coming! In the end they will beg us to incorporate us into their payment system!
justbitcoins

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:42:44 AM

From the look of things it seems like they are more heading in a direction where they want to implement their own crypto-currency on their platform. It can be possible that users will have a kind of wallet where they deposit their fiat into which will then be exchanged to the digital coins which will be used to transact on the E-Bay platform.

So you will buy and or sell in their crypto-currency and convert this back to your fiat of choice in your wallet before withdrawing it. Can be completely wrong but from the look of things this seems to be a likely scenario.

Ebay is too small to create a universal coin to be used outside Ebay system. I will not use it elsewhere. So there is not much point to create its own coin.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:48:15 AM

nah i have no doubt that soon or later they will implement it, the problem here is that ( at least IMHO ) they are not so smart enough to do it now, is like if they didnt understand that there is lot of users who will use it, so in the end implement bitcoin as a payments of his services is a good choice for them, for me thats the problem, they are not a "visionaries".

but don't worry guys, they will do it pretty soon Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:53:50 AM

Ebay is preparing to expand the range of digital currencies it accepts, the company's spokesman revealed in an interview to the Financial Times.

Preparing for more digital currencies?
Sorry if my question might be dumb but have they ever accepted any digital currency? As far as I know that never had been the case.Please correct if I'm wrong.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 12:51:46 PM

Sorry if my question might be dumb but have they ever accepted any digital currency? As far as I know that never had been the case.Please correct if I'm wrong.

you are right. but i guess it is allowed to sell Bitcoin under some circumstances there. great "integration"  Grin

OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 02:54:44 PM

Ebay should accept one digital at least before it prepares for more currencies. It should develop the payment system properly first.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:26:27 PM

Ebay does not even accept bitcoin, and is thinking of integrating more currencies. It should introduce the bitcoin service first.

Not only that. They even deleted the accounts of several users, for trying to sell or purchase Bitcoin in Ebay. My guess is that they are trying to destroy Bitcoin by launching their own fiat-based digital currency. As long as the Paypal-Ebay partnership remains in place, I am not seeing any future for Bitcoin or other altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin within Ebay.
bit miner

Activity: 7
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:54:21 PM

Not only that. They even deleted the accounts of several users, for trying to sell or purchase Bitcoin in Ebay. My guess is that they are trying to destroy Bitcoin by launching their own fiat-based digital currency. As long as the Paypal-Ebay partnership remains in place, I am not seeing any future for Bitcoin or other altcoins such as Litecoin and Dogecoin within Ebay.

They will launch a Paypal coin like Apple launched Apple Pay, and it will probably suffer from double spend attacks like Apple Pay. Ii's unlikely many Bitcoins get sold on ebay because they close too many accounts that trade them. They are stifling the competition so they can launch their own coin.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:24:38 PM

Buying/selling btc is NOT on the same page as accepting BTC for tx is it?

Ofcourse they have to ban or block selling/buying btc, its their rules that you cant operate as currency exchanges on their platform. Which makes perfect sense based on regulation/law.

Dont let your hatred toward Ebay blind you with judgement like that.

I just want they can integrate bitcoin to their payment system. Thats more realistic than letting everyone to trade bitcoins.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:17:08 AM

Large companies have a very bad attitude when it comes to new technologies that can potentially help them to bring their business to the next level. I am sure that they at some point in the future will realize that cooperating with Bitcoin is necessary in order to not lose precious market share. If you can't beat them, join them Smiley
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:23:32 PM

Large companies have a very bad attitude when it comes to new technologies that can potentially help them to bring their business to the next level. I am sure that they at some point in the future will realize that cooperating with Bitcoin is necessary in order to not lose precious market share. If you can't beat them, join them Smiley

That is mainly because those large companies want to protect their existing investment, so that it is not written off.
Bitcoin and blockchain is disruptive technology. It will change many industry practice and bring cost cutting to those industries.
There are a lot of talks about banking using blockchain for their ledger system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: