Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would/Do you spend your current bitcoins in stores (or online)?
Yes - 215 (54%)
No - 183 (46%)
Total Voters: 398

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins?  (Read 257556 times)
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:34:36 AM

Yes, I use Bitcoin as a way to protect myself from FIAT inflation (250% last year in Venezuela). So I pretty much have all my savings stored in Bitcoin (and Ethereum), then I use a local bitcoin exchange to convert from Bitcoins to fiat as I need.

Even if need to spend it then I need to convert it to my local currency first, and I only convert if I feel price is good enough to give me higher value of fiat.
I am only spending it online and that is because it is not everywhere acceptable in offline stores and that is bad because not everyone knows how to use it and that is the problem.
So we have to promote it more so more stores will accept it so we can also spend it more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:22:51 AM

Yes, I use Bitcoin as a way to protect myself from FIAT inflation (250% last year in Venezuela). So I pretty much have all my savings stored in Bitcoin (and Ethereum), then I use a local bitcoin exchange to convert from Bitcoins to fiat as I need.

Even if need to spend it then I need to convert it to my local currency first, and I only convert if I feel price is good enough to give me higher value of fiat.
I am only spending it online and that is because it is not everywhere acceptable in offline stores and that is bad because not everyone knows how to use it and that is the problem.
So we have to promote it more so more stores will accept it so we can also spend it more.
I sometimes spend coins on some gambling sites and other online websites but I try to not spend to many coins because it is still a fact that we can make money with these Bitcoins. So try to save as much coins as possible.
rektDude

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:35:13 AM

Most of the time i just hold them. But not o long because that´s not nice for the price of the coin. Sometimes
i just buy something i need and hold the rest of my coins.
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 11:38:43 AM

I sometimes spend coins on some gambling sites and other online websites but I try to not spend to many coins because it is still a fact that we can make money with these Bitcoins. So try to save as much coins as possible.

Why are you wasting your coins in gambling sites? Its better to use it in buying some productive things or else just holding it for the halving.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

Most of the time i just hold them. But not o long because that´s not nice for the price of the coin. Sometimes

Best way to spend it. Feel its use in something that we need. That way also I can enjoy my profit from time to time. Whenever I see something interesting online I try to look if they accept this kind of payment.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:17:00 PM

Best way to spend it. Feel its use in something that we need. That way also I can enjoy my profit from time to time. Whenever I see something interesting online I try to look if they accept this kind of payment.

Yes and we should spend our coins frequently then only the purpose of earning will be served as only holding will not be good in long run if price falls.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:00:24 PM

Yes and we should spend our coins frequently then only the purpose of earning will be served as only holding will not be good in long run if price falls.

I dont know if is a problem but im spending almost all my bitcoins ,not wasting them at gambling im investing them at my personal projects ,soo i believe spend here is the key to sucess ,i could be holding my portfolio and well i would be happy with the total ammount that i had earned and see its value but what the point to store the bitcoins for a long period taking some high risks during those period.
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:25:03 PM

I dont know if is a problem but im spending almost all my bitcoins ,not wasting them at gambling im investing them at my personal projects ,soo i believe spend here is the key to sucess ,i could be holding my portfolio and well i would be happy with the total ammount that i had earned and see its value but what the point to store the bitcoins for a long period taking some high risks during those period.

Yeah I am doing the same, today only I converted 0.4 btc to my local currency, as I was in need of money and it will take time to get my monthly salary so bitcoin is helping me financially whenever I need.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:22:30 PM

It is more on daily gambling habits actually, people who uses bitcoin came from the gambling industries and may next is in trading industries. With the advent of the online gambling sites now accepting bitcoins then there is a good exposure for bitcoins and expect in the future for more gambling sites to be establish,

Nowadays, very few people waste their coins on gambling. In 2011 and 2012, there were so few options available for users to spend their coins. Most of them tried their luck on sites such as Satoshi-Dice, since Bitcoin was not being accepted anywhere else. But the situation has changed now. Currently there are a lot of options to spend your coins.
Spending Bitcoin will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is now not even that high and that must change soon.
If that will change soon than there will be a lot of people that is getting a lot of profit and that would be nice.
Yeah spending them is not the smartest thing to do because you can earn some money with it. So when I want something I like to pay with Paypal or creditcard.
I prefer to convert with fiat money and spend it on real, because it would be more fun, rather than spend online.

Yeah and I think right now we only have that option of converting it to fiat and then spend, but we will see many physical shops that will accept bitcoin as a mode of  payment.

in the future it will probably be a lot of physical stores that accept bitcoin as payment, but all depends on the development of bitcoin. if every year getting better and some countries many of which use bitcoin as a public service. it may happen.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:45:53 PM

It is more on daily gambling habits actually, people who uses bitcoin came from the gambling industries and may next is in trading industries. With the advent of the online gambling sites now accepting bitcoins then there is a good exposure for bitcoins and expect in the future for more gambling sites to be establish,

Nowadays, very few people waste their coins on gambling. In 2011 and 2012, there were so few options available for users to spend their coins. Most of them tried their luck on sites such as Satoshi-Dice, since Bitcoin was not being accepted anywhere else. But the situation has changed now. Currently there are a lot of options to spend your coins.
Spending Bitcoin will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because the value is now not even that high and that must change soon.
If that will change soon than there will be a lot of people that is getting a lot of profit and that would be nice.
Yeah spending them is not the smartest thing to do because you can earn some money with it. So when I want something I like to pay with Paypal or creditcard.
I prefer to convert with fiat money and spend it on real, because it would be more fun, rather than spend online.

Yeah and I think right now we only have that option of converting it to fiat and then spend, but we will see many physical shops that will accept bitcoin as a mode of  payment.

in the future it will probably be a lot of physical stores that accept bitcoin as payment, but all depends on the development of bitcoin. if every year getting better and some countries many of which use bitcoin as a public service. it may happen.

Yes physical stores are really upcoming and they will spread in a lot of country's I think at the end of this year there will be a lot of stores that accept the bitcoin.
I really hope this will happen to be honest.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:09:32 PM

Yeah and I think right now we only have that option of converting it to fiat and then spend, but we will see many physical shops that will accept bitcoin as a mode of  payment.

Yes physical stores are really upcoming and they will spread in a lot of country's I think at the end of this year there will be a lot of stores that accept the bitcoin.
I really hope this will happen to be honest.

Would we be able to find physical shops accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment even if the Government of that particular country bans it or declare it as an illegal? I don't think so.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:00:07 PM

I have spend some Bitcoins in my life but I have learned not to spend them as much because they are worth allot of money. These coins can go up in value so it is not smart to do.
If you want to buy something online it is better to use creditcard or paypal.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:16:50 PM

I have spend some Bitcoins in my life but I have learned not to spend them as much because they are worth allot of money. These coins can go up in value so it is not smart to do.
If you want to buy something online it is better to use creditcard or paypal.

That's true and honestly I feel that selling coins is better then spending it as you have an option to buy things with credit card or fiat currency, but if you sell at higher price then you can hold good volume of fiat.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 05:33:15 PM

It will be not that smart if you are spending your Bitcoins and that is because the value is not high enough to make that enough profit so it will be better to wait a longer time.
And we also all know that the halving will come so maybe that will be nice.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:35:25 PM

I use bitcoin to buy some computers and mining equipment to mine some coins and use the bitcoins again.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:42:19 PM

It will be not that smart if you are spending your Bitcoins and that is because the value is not high enough to make that enough profit so it will be better to wait a longer time.
And we also all know that the halving will come so maybe that will be nice.

Yeah I think you need to hold your coins for next couple of months to make profits from it, and if you sell now you will not get that extra profit that you are looking for.
outatime1

Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 07:48:14 PM

I have spent a small amount on a website online.  As I accumulate more, I will probably spend some as a way to help the bitcoin community.  I don't know of any local bushiness that accept it where I live.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

There is a store I sometime shop at that takes BTC. http://www.mission-market.net/

It's out of the way for me most of the time. But whenever I'm in the area I stop by and buy a Sandwich or soda.

They also have a store by angel stadium that also has a bitcoin ATM.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:10:30 AM

There is a store I sometime shop at that takes BTC. http://www.mission-market.net/

It's out of the way for me most of the time. But whenever I'm in the area I stop by and buy a Sandwich or soda.

They also have a store by angel stadium that also has a bitcoin ATM.

Well its good to see some companies working with bitcoin soo for you ,if you in the area thats your point were you would go because they work with bitcoin,that makes the difference for sure,how about the prices are similiar the market but converted into bitcoins?I hope one day i can walk do the same as you be able to spend some bitcoins.
silentkiller

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:49:11 AM

Almost everyday i use my bitcoins, in buying,shopping and paying for the services i requested to someone who will do the work for me.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: