Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:05:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would/Do you spend your current bitcoins in stores (or online)?
Yes - 215 (54%)
No - 183 (46%)
Total Voters: 398

Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins?  (Read 257553 times)
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 11:42:58 AM

I don't spend them, but sometimes I get a good tip for some sports event and do some betting.
Sometimes it doesn't work out and I lose the bitcoin, so thats kind of like spending them, I guess.
You still spend because sports betting is gambling and in gambling we have no assurance whether we will win or not. I know that because I am a gambler myself.

Indeed gambling should just be seen as a game and not as a steady income because it can simply not provide that.
I don't actively spend bitcoin cause I don't have the option to and also I'd like to safe as much as I possibly could.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:01:16 PM

I don't spend them, but sometimes I get a good tip for some sports event and do some betting.
Sometimes it doesn't work out and I lose the bitcoin, so thats kind of like spending them, I guess.
You still spend because sports betting is gambling and in gambling we have no assurance whether we will win or not. I know that because I am a gambler myself.

Indeed gambling should just be seen as a game and not as a steady income because it can simply not provide that.
I don't actively spend bitcoin cause I don't have the option to and also I'd like to safe as much as I possibly could.

Yeah we can never expect steady income from gambling sometimes it will be positive and other times negative, so its better to save them and be satisfied with what we have instead of getting greedy and loosing everything.
Skaven

Activity: 260

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:21:53 PM

I have been holding, and was expecting to keep holding for a few years atleast, to see where the price ends up at. But its kinda boring and was thinking of using some of em.

Holding bitcoins for a few years is a bit risky and too long imo. We don't know what happen to bitcoin on that years. For me better spend your bitcoin for invest in bitcoin for short-term

The sad truth is most of us have held for awhile.

And the price dream is always constantly talked about.. but yet we still hold this coin? lol. I pretty much sell it on the daily basis from my other business I get.

It's the sad reality isn't it. Still you never know what happens obviously but it's looking pretty dark we've been waiting very long.
Still I am going to hold on a little longer atleast till 2017 to see how it develops.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:39:18 PM

I active spend my bitcoins in many ways. Most of it is that I convert it to fiat, I categorized it as spending my bitcoin since I send out my bitcoin to receive fiat. I also use it when I buy online, it is very convenient even though only a few stores accept bitcoin as payment. Lastly, I use bitcoin to buy altcoins that I think would rise in value in the future.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:47:48 PM

I have been holding, and was expecting to keep holding for a few years atleast, to see where the price ends up at. But its kinda boring and was thinking of using some of em.

Holding bitcoins for a few years is a bit risky and too long imo. We don't know what happen to bitcoin on that years. For me better spend your bitcoin for invest in bitcoin for short-term

And the price dream is always constantly talked about.. but yet we still hold this coin? lol. I pretty much sell it on the daily basis from my other business I get.

It's the sad reality isn't it. Still you never know what happens obviously but it's looking pretty dark we've been waiting very long.
Still I am going to hold on a little longer atleast till 2017 to see how it develops.
Don't hold all of them if present price is allowing you to make profits then you should sell part of it in order to secure profits and if price falls in coming days you can buy them again.
nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:02:05 PM

Don't hold all of them if present price is allowing you to make profits then you should sell part of it in order to secure profits and if price falls in coming days you can buy them again.

i am agree with this, i would not hold if i look there is a chance for me to get profit and i will sell for half of bitcoin for first and then if the rate still increase then i will sell little amount. i am sure that the rate will get down for sometime and if this is happen then it gives me a chance to buy bitcoin back with little amount of money and i can get much of bitcoin.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:07:37 PM

i am agree with this, i would not hold if i look there is a chance for me to get profit and i will sell for half of bitcoin for first and then if the rate still increase then i will sell little amount. i am sure that the rate will get down for sometime and if this is happen then it gives me a chance to buy bitcoin back with little amount of money and i can get much of bitcoin.

What you are doing is very good as it will reduce your purchase price of bitcoin and even you can increase the holding bitcoins as you are selling on high and when the price reduces you are buying back and with the profit you can buy more bitcoins like this your bitcoin bankroll will increase with the same time your buying rate will also decrease. Both side benefit while doing trading of bitcoins.

Like this if we do actively trading of bitcoins their will be more exposure to bitcoins and we can see more price speculations.

Where i am staying bitcoin is not accepted and even the online shopping is costly comparing the purchase price , i am only converting it to fiat currency to spend on my expenses.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:20:52 PM

That is the best way to treat your coins, its a currency and also an investment to us, and everyone invests hoping to make profits from it and if its giving  you an opportunity to make profits then you should not miss it.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:26:08 PM

I hold most of my coins. I believe the price of the bitcoin will rise in the long term. But I also spend some of the coins.
If you hold your coins make sure that you can make profit every time the price of bitcoin rise but you will wait more months before that happens for sure there are lots of ways to earn money monthly or weekly in signature campaign after that you can spend your bitcoin with bills or goods.

Trading is better than just holding, holding is obviously safer somehow because they are just kept safe in a wallet and if the price grows they are growing with that, but that process is quite slow because sometimes the price gets stable for many days as it was recently, and in that case you can still earn profits by trading.

Yeah, if you are trading your bitcoins, you can take advantage of the dips of bitcoin. You can make more bitcoin when sell high and buy low. Just be patient and wait for the right time to buy and right time to sell. If you are just holding, you only make profit one time. BUt if you trade, you make profit everytime you sell and buy.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:33:53 PM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.
me im using bitcoin to buy load as one of the exchange site here in our country open this option they allowed bitcoin to pay bills and do some transport booking i hope to see more coming from them so i can regularly use bitcoin from my faucets collection.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
JumperX

Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:50:13 PM

I hold most of my coins. I believe the price of the bitcoin will rise in the long term. But I also spend some of the coins.
If you hold your coins make sure that you can make profit every time the price of bitcoin rise but you will wait more months before that happens for sure there are lots of ways to earn money monthly or weekly in signature campaign after that you can spend your bitcoin with bills or goods.

Trading is better than just holding, holding is obviously safer somehow because they are just kept safe in a wallet and if the price grows they are growing with that, but that process is quite slow because sometimes the price gets stable for many days as it was recently, and in that case you can still earn profits by trading.

Yeah, if you are trading your bitcoins, you can take advantage of the dips of bitcoin. You can make more bitcoin when sell high and buy low. Just be patient and wait for the right time to buy and right time to sell. If you are just holding, you only make profit one time. BUt if you trade, you make profit everytime you sell and buy.

Yeah and trading will also multiply your coins in long run, holding is good option but not the best of all as you can make only limited profits by simply holding them but with trading you can make regular profits.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 02:40:04 PM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.
me im using bitcoin to buy load as one of the exchange site here in our country open this option they allowed bitcoin to pay bills and do some transport booking i hope to see more coming from them so i can regularly use bitcoin from my faucets collection.

Great opinion and I hope they are reading that. Better email them your suggestions so it can reach them faster.  We want more with our wallet exchanges for us to maximize the convenience to pay even just on the internet. It will also be profit for them so they will gladly consider.
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:07:15 PM

yes if i have already good amount of bitcoin in exchange to fiat i always love to spend because it is my extra income and my salary would go to my saving in the bank that is why i am happy to have bitcoin.
Mastsetad

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

I active spend my bitcoins in many ways. Most of it is that I convert it to fiat, I categorized it as spending my bitcoin since I send out my bitcoin to receive fiat. I also use it when I buy online, it is very convenient even though only a few stores accept bitcoin as payment. Lastly, I use bitcoin to buy altcoins that I think would rise in value in the future.

I don't spend them online except recharging my mobile with bitrefill.com but i also convert them to fiat when i need cash, and i also buy and sell altcoins but i don't hold them for long as i feel it is not safe to hold altcoins and there market prices fluctuate too quickly.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:20:41 PM

I do not spend them actively because of the fact I want to save them up for later due to the price increase that is gonna happen soon or later.
I think that the bitcoin is gonna grow to a higher amount without any doubts.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 04:38:22 PM

I do not spend them actively because of the fact I want to save them up for later due to the price increase that is gonna happen soon or later.
I think that the bitcoin is gonna grow to a higher amount without any doubts.

I hope whatever you are saying comes true in future as everyone of us is expecting for the same that we will see higher price in coming months and for that reason we are holding our coins without spending them.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1251

Cashback 15%

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:26:33 PM

yes if i have already good amount of bitcoin in exchange to fiat i always love to spend because it is my extra income and my salary would go to my saving in the bank that is why i am happy to have bitcoin.

I have a little amount of BTC around 1.5 BTC which i converted half of it today. so it is now 0.75 BTC, i spend bitcoin indirectly by converting it to fiat and use it to my daily needs,  same as you I am happy to know and have bitcoin because of its boundless opportunity if we are creative enough to take advantage of it.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:47:39 PM

I have a little amount of BTC around 1.5 BTC which i converted half of it today. so it is now 0.75 BTC, i spend bitcoin indirectly by converting it to fiat and use it to my daily needs,  same as you I am happy to know and have bitcoin because of its boundless opportunity if we are creative enough to take advantage of it.
For me i spend bitcoin also for paying our bills daily. since i have a good job here in my country i just spend bitcoin for other things like buying domain in name cheap since you can buy domain and hosting right now using bitcoin unlike before that they are not accepting bitcoin as payment.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:15:13 PM

I think if you have full time job which is paying you in fiat then I think you should spend it for your basic needs and save your bitcoins for the future to get better benefits from it in future.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 06:52:30 PM

I used to spend my bitcoin at a major electronics store who partnered with a bitcoin payment system.  Im not sure why they stopped accepting bitcoin but they only really went with it for the duration of the last big price spike, maybe they have no faith it will last much beyond a fad.    
Obviously bitcoin moved past the phase where anyone with a graphics card could have something viable to mine with and so to some extent bitcoin is having to do with a process of moving some mechanics away from its users so with that being true the electronics firm no longer felt it relevant to their userbase perhaps.

Seems a bit hasty to withdraw so soon and I dont get why it was any great cost to them.    I think they really didnt like that the bitcoin had to be sent and confirmed, it might have lasted longer with a much faster coin but who knows.

So now I have to manually sell the bulk of my coins for cash then do it the old fashioned way.  Same net result but takes longer for me, more risk my side I guess

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: