Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:05:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc transaction not verified after 3 days  (Read 3336 times)
Joopii (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:40:36 AM

I tried zapwallettxes but nothing changed. Is there anything else I can do?
Was the transaction in question removed from your wallet? It should have been removed since it is still unconfirmed.

Have you tried sending another transaction after you did zapwallettxes?
After doing zapwallettxes, the transaction still shows in my wallet. Nothing changed.
I tried to do a smaller transaction just a few minutes ago and it was succesfully confirmed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1480

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2015, 01:10:42 PM

I tried zapwallettxes but nothing changed. Is there anything else I can do?
Was the transaction in question removed from your wallet? It should have been removed since it is still unconfirmed.

Have you tried sending another transaction after you did zapwallettxes?
After doing zapwallettxes, the transaction still shows in my wallet. Nothing changed.
I tried to do a smaller transaction just a few minutes ago and it was succesfully confirmed.

You are not the first that reports -zapwallettxes not working. Not sure what the issues is though. I had a few stuck TX myself and it worked every time.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:37:27 PM

It has been a week since the transaction was made and it has still not verified.
I am willing to send 0,1 btc to anyone who can help me fix this issue.

So far I have done:
-I had my wallet open all the time
-I tried re-installing the blocks
-I tried to use zapwallettxes to delete the unconfirmed transaction. This didn't change anything.
-I tried sending the raw transaction through the console, which did not work (TX rejected (code -22))
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 6473

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 02:24:48 PM

It has been a week since the transaction was made and it has still not verified.
I am willing to send 0,1 btc to anyone who can help me fix this issue.

So far I have done:
-I had my wallet open all the time
-I tried re-installing the blocks
-I tried to use zapwallettxes to delete the unconfirmed transaction. This didn't change anything.
-I tried sending the raw transaction through the console, which did not work (TX rejected (code -22))
Try this, it might be a little risky though.

First backup your wallet to a safe location. Then download pywallet from https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet. Install everything that it tells you to install on the README. Then open up a command prompt and go to the folder which contains pywallet.py. Type into the command prompt
Code:
python pywallet.py --web
Then in your browser go to http://localhost:8989/ Click on the delete tab. In the box labeled "Keys" type
Code:
all
Click the radio button under type which is Transactions. Then click Delete. It should say something like
Code:
tx:all has been successfully deleted from wallet.dat, resulting in x deleted item
if it works.
Then start up Bitcoin core like you did earlier from the command prompt with zapwallettxes but instead of having the option -zapwallettxes, make it the option -rescan.

This should remove all of the transactions from your wallet and then it should rescan the blockchain for the transactions. This should only get all of the confirmed transactions so you should be able to spend your coins normally again.

repas-sventa

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:30:52 PM

First time i hear that transaction with miners fee got unconfirmed when btc balance was possitive in a wallet. Very strange and interesting. Watching this tread
Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 02:17:06 AM

No working solution found so far, still giving 0,1 btc to anyone who can find a way to fix this.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 02:23:01 AM

No working solution found so far, still giving 0,1 btc to anyone who can find a way to fix this.
Did mine not work? It should have removed the transaction so that you can spend.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 06:09:22 AM

Did mine not work? It should have removed the transaction so that you can spend.

Probably not doing it right. Joopii send me the file to shor3na@gmail.com if you want. I dont need the password, feel free to set one extra strong for me.

morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 01:18:51 PM

This does happen and the end result is about 50% in your favor.  If there was any error at all in the address or anything like that it can get hung up.  Depending on the service that you used, it may or may not be returned.
Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:45:47 PM

When I typed "python pywallet.py --web" in cmd, it returned "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Any idea what I did wrong?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:49:59 PM

When I typed "python pywallet.py --web" in cmd, it returned "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
Looks to me like you don't have Python installed on the system your trying to run this fix from.

https://www.python.org/downloads/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:58:52 PM

Looks to me like you don't have Python installed on the system your trying to run this fix from.

Reinstalled Python and it still gives the same error.

Also, does it necessarily have to be Python 2.7 as stated in https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet or can I use the newest version?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 08:00:48 PM

My offer still stands, if anyone else wants to try and guide your through it feel free to take their advice.

Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

My offer still stands, if anyone else wants to try and guide your through it feel free to take their advice.
Might do that if I don't find any other solution.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:11:17 PM

Also, does it necessarily have to be Python 2.7 as stated in https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet or can I use the newest version?
Definitely go with the v2.7 as stated in the github docs.

As to why it's giving you the same error I'm not entirely sure.  The error message your giving seems to indicate the OS can't find python on your system.  Do you currently have a path setup to your python directory?

Gimme the crypto!!
Joopii (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:13:16 PM

As to why it's giving you the same error I'm not entirely sure.  The error message your giving seems to indicate the OS can't find python on your system.  Do you currently have a path setup to your python directory?
Actually now after reinstalling Python I'm having a different error message:
"WARNING:root:pycrypto or libssl not found, decryption may be slow
'twisted' package is not installed, pywallet web interface can't be launched"
coinhelper

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:19:21 PM

I sent a Bitcoin transaction of 8.5 btc 3 days and 8 hours ago with a fee of 0.0001 btc and it still does not have a single confirmation. I tested sending a few smaller transactions since then and they got confirmed shortly after.
Is it normal to take so long and is there any way to speed up the process?

Go To: blockchain.info/address/"youraddress" (replacing "youraddress" with the address you used to send the transaction or the receiving address)
If the transaction doesn't appear then it may be beneficcial to know where you sent it from (what application or service) and you may want to contact one fo the bitcoin developers which are on this forum and are marked on the forum as a bitcoin developer. The only thing that I can think is because it is a high amount, the network may want to get many confirmatoion first, but it should still show iwth a pendig message next to it. Why not post the transaction ID or the address in the OP too to help people understand your problem?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 08:23:27 PM

I sent a Bitcoin transaction of 8.5 btc 3 days and 8 hours ago with a fee of 0.0001 btc and it still does not have a single confirmation. I tested sending a few smaller transactions since then and they got confirmed shortly after.
Is it normal to take so long and is there any way to speed up the process?

Go To: blockchain.info/address/"youraddress" (replacing "youraddress" with the address you used to send the transaction or the receiving address)
If the transaction doesn't appear then it may be beneficcial to know where you sent it from (what application or service) and you may want to contact one fo the bitcoin developers which are on this forum and are marked on the forum as a bitcoin developer. The only thing that I can think is because it is a high amount, the network may want to get many confirmatoion first, but it should still show iwth a pendig message next to it. Why not post the transaction ID or the address in the OP too to help people understand your problem?

Please dont do this here.

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 08:51:31 PM

That error message is inidicative of a missing package.  If you refer to the instructions on github you'll see:

Windows:
 1. Install Python 2.7
 2. Install Twisted 11.0.0 for Py2.7, then Zope.Interface (a .egg file) for Py2.7: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads

Gimme the crypto!!
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 09:32:14 PM

Download the right file you need from here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope.interface/4.1.3#downloads. It should be one of the py2.7 files, either 86 or 64 bit depending on your os. Download the .egg file. Then open the command prompt and type
Code:
easy_install <Path to file>
where <Path to file> is the path to the file wherever you downloaded the file to.

If it says it cannot find easy_install, then find the easy_install.exe file and instead of typing easy_install, type the full path to the exe file.

For example, the file for me is located in C:\Python27\Scripts so I would put
Code:
C:\Python27\Scripts\easy_install.exe <path to file>

Do the same thing if it says python is not found. It should just be in the python install folder and be named python.exe

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: