Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:31:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible hacked account  (Read 835 times)
Dorrittulx (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:02:10 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=109882

Password recently reset. I'm trying not to jump to accusations but the user has been spamming with three word/short sentence posts to gain activity. I'd recommend not dealing, this is just a warning since the user seems to be posting on alot of sales threads.

Just a warning, this is not my account. I could be wrong (I hope I'm not), but keep an eye out anyways.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:04:29 AM

it might just be an account that was freshly bought, and the new owner is spamming nonsense to cash in the banked activity. if their spamming gets bad enough the mods will just ban it, no need to pay it that much attention.

Hmm. Maybe it was sold? I've seen a lot of accounts being sold with a lot of pot. activity so that might be the reason why the guy is spamming.
Also I have a question. Where can you see that if an account has recently changed their password? (sorry if this sounds dumb but I really don't know where people see it. ) Huh

their trust page.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:05:20 AM

Hmm. Maybe it was sold? I've seen a lot of accounts being sold with a lot of pot. activity so that might be the reason why the guy is spamming.
Also I have a question. Where can you see that if an account has recently changed their password? (sorry if this sounds dumb but I really don't know where people see it. ) Huh
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:05:24 AM

I could say that 90 percent of them is short post - one sentence with not capped first letter. I think that it is not hacked but most probably account farming. Other than that, it could just be someone (with only one account but) who cannot make good and long posts.

You can check that by checking their trust page. There will be red letter saying this account password was recently changed.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:07:26 AM

ya i think that user came back after veryyy looong time
Date registered : May 02, 2013
And still Position : Full Member
activity : 142
Maybe hacked account or maybe sold account ))
Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:10:22 AM

You can see it by clicking the trust page of the user.
On the top it will be written like "This user's password was changed recently"
Hope i was helpful )
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:21:00 AM

This could be a newbie question but really I don;t know how you know its password was recently reset.  Grin
If one could just view this information, then it must be something a hacker may see it as a vulnerability.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:38:51 AM

This could be a newbie question but really I don;t know how you know its password was recently reset.  Grin
If one could just view this information, then it must be something a hacker may see it as a vulnerability.

There is already two answers posted in this thread.

I could say that 90 percent of them is short post - one sentence with not capped first letter. I think that it is not hacked but most probably account farming. Other than that, it could just be someone (with only one account but) who cannot make good and long posts.

You can check that by checking their trust page. There will be red letter saying this account password was recently changed.

You can see it by clicking the trust page of the user.
On the top it will be written like "This user's password was changed recently"
Hope i was helpful )

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:45:23 AM

I would say with a near certainty that the account is either sold or hacked as of recently (November 4). The account's password was reset via email twice on November 4 (which is an indication of a sale) which also happens to be the time when the account started making very low quality posts, and was not posting prior to that before January 2014
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:51:52 AM

and additionally you can check users which changes their password for the last 30days here https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:56:11 AM

I would say with a near certainty that the account is either sold or hacked as of recently (November 4). The account's password was reset via email twice on November 4 (which is an indication of a sale) which also happens to be the time when the account started making very low quality posts, and was not posting prior to that before January 2014
Erm you mean password change right? Pass change twice usually means there was an escrow as well, sometimes it might be three times as well. But never heard of someone selling an account by resetting their password.
@OP it definitely seems like a hacked account, wonder how he may have gotten the email credentials though. Have you contacted the person yet? He may provide signed message or other evidence to prove otherwise
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:44:00 AM

that guy is on a roll, 49 posts today, I don't think it's a hacked account , most likely a bought account and he is trying to maximize the full potential of his account if there is or maybe trying to get the moderators attention Smiley
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:59:48 AM

may i know the reason why we are interested in it ?
1) If it is hacked and if the real owner cares about it ,he will make a thread in meta.
2) he is not posting bullshit but spamming for sure ( 47 posts today ), MODS will take care of it.
i personally think it is a sold one.

edit:- making threads is not gonna help, is my point.

yo
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 09:44:02 AM

I would go with bought account as well. They are also spamming.

this is a scam?

answered directly above

How did you get so many accounts? This illegal?!

answered directly above.

-snip-
Happy to sell you my btc for PayPal.  My requirement is you send first and I wait 180 days to make sure no charge backs.  After that I send coins

-snip-
Send me PayPal.  I'll send you btc in 180 days.  Send me a pm if you are interested

-snip-
I can sell you my btc for PayPal.  You will need to send first and wait 180 days to make sure no charge backs though.  Lmk

Send me the PayPal now.  After 180 days I'll send you the btc.  pm me for details if interested

Troll offers on PP to BTC deals.

what ever happened to bitbook by the way?  I'm sure I can dig up some old posts, but if anyone reads this and knows I'll just check back later!

thanks Peeps.  Ill check out nitrogen one of these days!

double post instead of edit.

There's a lot more sellers here.  I won't be buying until below 300.  Then will buy more under 250

There's more sellers than buyers.  We still heading down here.  Buy back under 300

Going back to 300 today.  Reason: more sellers than buyers

how often can you post the same shallow argument before its spam?

So who bought above 400 and is now down over 20%??  I sold my coins at 440,  when should I buy them back?!  I was thinking under 300 but might wait to under 200.  What do you guys think??

2 hours later...

sold at 440.  bought at 400 and sold at 430.  then bought at 375 and looking to buy some more <300

If this ever happend it happend days ago.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:26:57 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 03:11:34 PM by cptdome1

ya i think that user came back after veryyy looong time
Date registered : May 02, 2013
And still Position : Full Member
activity : 142
Maybe hacked account or maybe sold account ))

Yep.  Account has not been sold or transfer led this is still me.  Email hasn't been changed and I have access to prove it.  Thanks for whoever gave me bad trust for that.  
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 02:32:32 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2015, 03:38:15 PM by Mitchełł

You never posted a Bitcoin address and I can't see the email account you registered with so there is no possible way for me to confirm that the owner of this account hasn't changed.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
cptdome1

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:15:29 PM

Not really worried about helping myself.  Sad to see people abuse the trust system just because someone has been posting, regardless of the content of the posts.  You should just let the mods do their jobs
justscrewit

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:19:12 PM

Not really worried about helping myself.  Sad to see people abuse the trust system just because someone has been posting, regardless of the content of the posts.  You should just let the mods do their jobs
Oh the juicy irony in this post:

Mitchełł
Staff

cptdome1

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 03:34:31 PM

yeah I see that now.  just throwing around trust because of a few posts?  take some time to get some proof at least
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: