Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sling | Decentralized Markets | HTML5 UI | Rebasing  (Read 20643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:15:02 PM

works again, did a restart of the PC/wallet now it is working and staking again...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:56:22 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 05:06:56 PM by Munti

Can someone explain why you are doing cpr on sling?
What does sling have to offer that you don't find in BitBay, Blackcoin, Sys, Shadow, and bitcoin itself?

Edit: Not fudding. I really want to know. I have invested in every "market" coin that I believe has a chance to make it, and I will also do so with sling and others if there is real innovation there.
CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 05:01:43 PM

What does sling have to offer that you don't find in BitBay, Blackcoin, Sys, Shadow, and bitcoin itself?

Edit: Not fudding. I really want to know. I have invested in every "market" coin that I believe has a chance to make it, and I will also do so with sling and others if there is real innovation there.
My main interest is the decentralized market and getting masternodes more involved with the network operations. In addition to DarkSend and InstantX, I want masternodes to relay encrypted shards for messaging.  Secure messaging is needed for the market so buyers and sellers can communicate without leaving the UI.  I don't think any of the other coins have secure messaging where it will work in a widely adopted production market system.  Either the delivery is not guaranteed or the messages are stored encrypted on a public block chain.  The problem with the latter is that one day the encryption will be broken and accessible to all.

Once I fix some core issues, I will start innovating with Sling by adding a decentralized rating system, a new HTML5 Market UI that connects to the node and the secure messaging using MNs.  It is not much fun right now fixing leftover issues but it is building my knowledge on how the core classes work.  Right now, I'm working on splitting CBlock into three classes (CBlockHeader and CBlockPoS) to keep up with efficiencies added by Bitcoin and Dash.  It keeps breaking PoS but I will get it to work.

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 10:36:51 PM

So the innovation will be the messaging?
Can you tell me a little more about that?
CryptoVote

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:44:50 PM

So the innovation will be the messaging?
Can you tell me a little more about that?
innovation = production grade decentralized market system. 

I don't think any coin with a decentralized market is at a production level where vendors and buyers will adopt their system.  Some are getting closer but none can argue they are production grade.  I plan to get Sling to a level, in terms of functionality, where it can be fully utilized by buyers/vendors as a reliable market system.  If that is not innovation then you are over simplifying the task and overlooking the fact that a fully functional open source decentralized market doesn't exist yet and it is almost 2016...   

PrometheusX

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:39:49 AM

I have added today an Automatic Bootstrap Creator.
U can download a hourly generated bootstrap here:

Link: Bootstraps

Usage:
- Close ur Wallet and wait until its also closed in ur taskmanager
- Download the bootstrap-latest.7z
- UnZip it with 7z or WinRAR (or ur prefered tool)
- Place the bootstrap.dat file in ur Data Folder
- Start ur Wallet and wait until the import is done
- When the import is done the boostrap.dat file is renamed to bootstrap.old and u can delete it

SLK - SYZU8arw9LSxDtM7shm2S23WrD5WSbGbB9
jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:49:51 PM

Guys i really appreciate your hard work! i just saw on Bittrex that the Delisting Warning is there again, if someone want to buy or sell a bit there that would help Smiley
The 7 Day Volume has to be increased until the 4 Dec. up to 1.4 BTC. (currently 0.1BTC)
bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 08:54:32 PM

Can someone remove all the crap in the marketplace? 

Steady staking . . . 
CryptoVote

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:29:04 AM

Steady staking . . . 

You can't remove a listing from a decentralized market network but I can add a button to delete a listing locally.  Is that what you are asking for?

jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:12:52 AM

Steady staking . . . 

You can't remove a listing from a decentralized market network but I can add a button to delete a listing locally.  Is that what you are asking for?

adding a "anti-spam" fee per Listing would solve the Problem instantly. it could also be nice to add standard fee for 14 Days Listing and extended Fee for let's say 30 Day Listing.
masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

adding a "anti-spam" fee per Listing would solve the Problem instantly.

If "anti-spam" fee per listing is not too difficult to implement and it will combat spam (pointless listings that clutter the market interface) it sounds like it's worth integrating; esp if the aim is to get sling market up to production grade quality.

bitcoinreviews

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:12:37 AM

adding a "anti-spam" fee per Listing would solve the Problem instantly.

If "anti-spam" fee per listing is not too difficult to implement and it will combat spam (pointless listings that clutter the market interface) it sounds like it's worth integrating; esp if the aim is to get sling market up to production grade quality.

I like the fee idea. Sucks the marketplace is full of gay sex toys and shit.
bitcoinreviews

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:13:49 AM

My main interest is the decentralized market and getting masternodes more involved with the network operations. In addition to DarkSend and InstantX, I want masternodes to relay encrypted shards for messaging.  Secure messaging is needed for the market so buyers and sellers can communicate without leaving the UI.  I don't think any of the other coins have secure messaging where it will work in a widely adopted production market system.  Either the delivery is not guaranteed or the messages are stored encrypted on a public block chain.  The problem with the latter is that one day the encryption will be broken and accessible to all.

Once I fix some core issues, I will start innovating with Sling by adding a decentralized rating system, a new HTML5 Market UI that connects to the node and the secure messaging using MNs.  It is not much fun right now fixing leftover issues but it is building my knowledge on how the core classes work.  Right now, I'm working on splitting CBlock into three classes (CBlockHeader and CBlockPoS) to keep up with efficiencies added by Bitcoin and Dash.  It keeps breaking PoS but I will get it to work.

Exiting stuff. I'm glad I have been staking  Wink
masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:02:08 PM

Exiting stuff. I'm glad I have been staking  Wink

Same, been staking for months on end.

Sling always seemed like a long haul sleeper of a coin.

bitcoinreviews

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:23:59 AM

My main interest is the decentralized market and getting masternodes more involved with the network operations. In addition to DarkSend and InstantX, I want masternodes to relay encrypted shards for messaging.  Secure messaging is needed for the market so buyers and sellers can communicate without leaving the UI.  I don't think any of the other coins have secure messaging where it will work in a widely adopted production market system.  Either the delivery is not guaranteed or the messages are stored encrypted on a public block chain.  The problem with the latter is that one day the encryption will be broken and accessible to all.

Once I fix some core issues, I will start innovating with Sling by adding a decentralized rating system, a new HTML5 Market UI that connects to the node and the secure messaging using MNs.  It is not much fun right now fixing leftover issues but it is building my knowledge on how the core classes work.  Right now, I'm working on splitting CBlock into three classes (CBlockHeader and CBlockPoS) to keep up with efficiencies added by Bitcoin and Dash.  It keeps breaking PoS but I will get it to work.

I have tried to setup "masternode" multiple times with no success. I still have enough coin to do so as I'm a "bagholder" and have not sold. Still interested in setting up my wallet for masternode but got lost in the lack of instructions, when I tried months ago. I am not a programmer and I don't think the majority of the other guys here are either. If instructions have been updated that would be great, please send link. Thanks in advance, long live the sling.

bitcoinreviews

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:26:25 AM

My main interest is the decentralized market and getting masternodes more involved with the network operations. In addition to DarkSend and InstantX, I want masternodes to relay encrypted shards for messaging.  Secure messaging is needed for the market so buyers and sellers can communicate without leaving the UI.  I don't think any of the other coins have secure messaging where it will work in a widely adopted production market system.  Either the delivery is not guaranteed or the messages are stored encrypted on a public block chain.  The problem with the latter is that one day the encryption will be broken and accessible to all.

Once I fix some core issues, I will start innovating with Sling by adding a decentralized rating system, a new HTML5 Market UI that connects to the node and the secure messaging using MNs.  It is not much fun right now fixing leftover issues but it is building my knowledge on how the core classes work.  Right now, I'm working on splitting CBlock into three classes (CBlockHeader and CBlockPoS) to keep up with efficiencies added by Bitcoin and Dash.  It keeps breaking PoS but I will get it to work.

Exiting stuff. I'm glad I have been staking  Wink

Same, been staking for months on end.

Sling always seemed like a long haul sleeper of a coin.

I hate to shout out to other coins on this thread but please allow this one time . ..  

I'm hoping bitbean turns out good as well as I am also a "bagholder" of those and have been steady steaking since the launch of both coins  Cool  At this point I think sling has more potential but am still a fan of both  Cool
bitcoinreviews

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:35:04 AM

I just realized this new thread has only three pages and is populated by me, me, me and a couple other people . . .  Come on people, where's the hype, let's get active here. Sling has too much potential for the thread to be this quiet. Show yourselves  Shocked

jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:19:08 PM

I just realized this new thread has only three pages and is populated by me, me, me and a couple other people . . .  Come on people, where's the hype, let's get active here. Sling has too much potential for the thread to be this quiet. Show yourselves  Shocked

crypto can you give an update on Development?
incognitoworker

Activity: 736

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:53:06 PM

I have tried to setup "masternode" multiple times with no success. I still have enough coin to do so as I'm a "bagholder" and have not sold. Still interested in setting up my wallet for masternode but got lost in the lack of instructions, when I tried months ago. I am not a programmer and I don't think the majority of the other guys here are either. If instructions have been updated that would be great, please send link. Thanks in advance, long live the sling.

Hi, if you still want to setup a MN i can help you get going.
Let me know where you are stuck, and i will guide you thru it.

IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
CryptoVote

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 03:51:02 AM

crypto can you give an update on Development?

Well, its not good....

While working on InstantX, I have found that masternodes where not meant to run with PoS or at least with its current implementation.  The PoS block rewards are not random like PoW so masternodes can be manipulated by high stakers.  Masternode quorums, masternode payment selection, InstantX and DarkSend are not safe with the current code.  We need to find another solution and I need the communities help with this.

Since PoS creates the hash variable in the CMasterNode::CalculateScore method below, it can be manipulated to fix the masternode payment.  Malicious code can be written to pre-calculate hashes to make your masternode "score" more favorable when you mint a block with PoS.

Code:
//
// Deterministically calculate a given "score" for a masternode depending on how close it's hash is to
// the proof of work for that block. The further away they are the better, the furthest will win the election
// and get paid this block
//
uint256 CMasterNode::CalculateScore(int mod, int64_t nBlockHeight)
{
    if(pindexBest == NULL) return 0;

uint256 hash = 0;
    uint256 aux = vin.prevout.hash + vin.prevout.n;

if(!GetBlockHash(hash, nBlockHeight)) return 0;

uint256 hash2 = Hash(BEGIN(hash), END(hash));
    uint256 hash3 = Hash(BEGIN(hash), END(aux));

uint256 r = (hash3 > hash2 ? hash3 - hash2 : hash2 - hash3);

return r;
}

This is an interview with Evan Duffield of Dash as he explains it: https://youtu.be/rNZcO2vm7Jc?t=926  (see ~15:26)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: