Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has my wallet been hacked ?  (Read 1314 times)
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:06:01 AM

It is obvious that your account have been compromised but since your available balance was 0.166 and 0.17 was transferred, do you have any balance left? or your balance is still there?

There was nothing left my in my account, it was 0.00000000 , i'm even wondeeing how it was possible for whomever transferred it.

My Account balance : 0.16
Bitcoin Sent: 0.17

Where did he/she get the extra 0.01 ? Huh
It is obvious your account have been hacked but you are quite lucky because people are willing to send some donations to your offline btc address, just create one and send them pm.

How do i create an offline bitcoin wallet ? Should i use blockchain.info website ?

You 100% should NOT use blockchain.info for an offline wallet.

DOwnload the bitcoin core or bitaddress.org to a cd.
Buy a harddrive, connect it to your computer, disconnect other harddrives, disconnect ethernet connection, no wireless ethernet adapter.
Install Operating system ,  run bitaddress.org, create encrypted wallet, burn to CD.
Turn off computer, disconnect offline harddrive, reconnect online harddrive.

You now have a 100% offline wallet.
NEVER EVER EVER let that offline harddrive connect to the web.. EVER EVER EVER EVER.

Mostly safe wallet:
Run virus scan on computer.
Download bitaddress.org on computer.
Disconnect from internet
run bitaddress.org
create wallet, encrypt wallet, save wallet.
Shutdown computer.
Turn on computer
Connect to internet.

The 2nd should be pretty good the first if you ever have serious amounts of fund IMO is a must.
Don't you think that is a little bit extreme especially for newbies Tongue
Honestly i would just recommend OP to use electrum since it was pretty secure offline wallet
Just my 2 cents Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: