Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pretty sure I am being scammed by gyft  (Read 1055 times)
nomadcrypto (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 264

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 07:51:27 PM

My self and a close friend have had our accounts suspended without any notice or any real communication. They told us both that an email with a form we needed to fill out had been sent but it never was. They don't publish a phone number to call but I was able to find it anyway. They told me the same thing they said to my friend and that is that they will request another email to be sent but I'm assuming this will have the same result as my friend and that is no email will ever be sent. They ultimately closed my friends account and kept thousands worth of Amazon's and hundreds in rewards points. I was not hit that hard but I do have several hundred dollars worth that has effectively been stolen from me. I am giving them 24 hours to unlock my account and then both my friend and I will begin charge backs on our last several thousand in purchases.

I recommend support contact me immediately

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:11:45 PM

Gyft got $7.5 million in funding then it was acquired by First Data $14.99 billion...

Then they scammed those two dudes for thousands worth of Amazon's and hundreds in rewards points.

Now that's a business plan!

nomadcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:28:37 PM

Gyft got $7.5 million in funding then it was acquired by First Data $14.99 billion...

Then they scammed those two dudes for thousands worth of Amazon's and hundreds in rewards points.

Ok smart guy what would you call it when they do shit like this? BOA is also a huge organization and was banned from business in the entire state of Colorado for scamming the old and disabled. Just because they have money doesn't mean they're honest
ANdr0id

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:05:11 PM

I just can not believe people still use gift cards these days. It was big in 2004-2010 but now there are better ways to get discounts on things, not just 5-20% anymore  Roll Eyes

Didn't you hear about that guy who got to fly 1st class on emirates airlines. He found a loophole on their website and booked 2-oneway tickets for $300 and got to tour a bunch of different countries on stop-overs for 3 weeks straight. Now that is a deal of the century!  Grin
muna

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:27:17 AM

Didn't you hear about that guy who got to fly 1st class on emirates airlines. He found a loophole on their website and booked 2-oneway tickets for $300 and got to tour a bunch of different countries on stop-overs for 3 weeks straight. Now that is a deal of the century!  Grin

I heard about this guy, but besides error / loop on the website he was using some discounts or promo codes..

As for the subject of this thread, I think that this case will become clear. Sometimes it takes a little more time and patience for support.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:57:08 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 03:08:22 AM by xetsr

how were you buying their cards? using several credit cards under different names?

they are probably trying to limit their lose before you chargeback. can't blame them for that...
ANdr0id

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:43:13 AM

Didn't you hear about that guy who got to fly 1st class on emirates airlines. He found a loophole on their website and booked 2-oneway tickets for $300 and got to tour a bunch of different countries on stop-overs for 3 weeks straight. Now that is a deal of the century!  Grin

I heard about this guy, but besides error / loop on the website he was using some discounts or promo codes..

As for the subject of this thread, I think that this case will become clear. Sometimes it takes a little more time and patience for support.
That is about getting a discount rate on a product that you are usually paying a premium for, thus that's why they can offer more than 20% off. It just cuts into to the companies commission then what they actually pay for the product in the first place.

Lol gyft such an old site its pretty obvious they will scam since they became too old now and now many sites came in line ..
You should google them out my dear better luck next time )
Yes these gift cards sites usually go scam after awhile, it is just a matter of time.

how were you buying their cards? using several credit cards under different names?

they are probably trying to limit their lose before you chargeback. can't blame them for that...

I knew about that happening before when gift card buying was the big thing. But not now, they just don't make any money selling them anymore.
I remember seeing a report on giftcards and they showed this Chinese lady in California or some where and she would buy gift cards at a super low rate from her clients then resell/or trade them on her site with her other clients. That was several years ago, 2012 and heard she was in profit. But that was the last time I heard about her since. I believe she moved on from that or maybe sold that company and is laughing now. Cheesy
turtlehurricane

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:05:55 AM

No way that's worth $15 billion LOL

5X the market cap of Bitcoin, get your facts straight.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:38:31 AM

No way that's worth $15 billion LOL

5X the market cap of Bitcoin, get your facts straight.

Sorry, my bad, First Data is the one valued at 15 billion, not the acquisition.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=FDC

nomadcrypto (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 02:05:39 PM

I purchased using my own cards. The amounts over the past two months are rather large and I assume that is what the problem is. After threatening a large amount of chargebacks they unlocked my account so I could access my cards/rewards points but I am unable to make purchases until I go through some verifications. This post and a nasty email is the only reason I didn't get treated like my friend was. He is a nicer guy than I am I guess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: