Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You heard it here first  (Read 4550 times)
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 12:47:31 AM

if this is the main reason why the little rally is going now that reason is stupid so stupid above normal levels

you don't get it....

why i should pay with bitcoins if my ad revenue comes in USD from google

care to explain me that

If you are already receiving ad revenue from Google then chances are you already have a way(Paypal) to pay for Wordpress.com services. This is more important for individuals who live in countries where they don't have that accessibility. Sure, it might be a few hoops to find a local BTC seller, purchase your BTC with fiat and then purchase your Wordpress services but clearly Wordpress saw some market for this.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:04:30 AM

... or simply for those who cannot get a credit card or PayPal account because of a poor credit rating. Seriously there are close to 30% of adults in the United States who do not have a credit card. Ever wonder what happens to your plastic when your home is lost to foreclosure?

By the way one can receive income from AdSense and not have a credit card because of poor credit.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:07:42 AM

... or simply for those who cannot get a credit card or PayPal account because of a poor credit rating. Seriously there are close to 30% of adults in the United States who do not have a credit card. Ever wonder what happens to your plastic when your home is lost to foreclosure?
I can't use paypal due to an error of someone who used to live in my old house never paying for an item on ebay using the address I used to live at, before they moved

and now even though I dont live there anymore, because its the same name I cannot even sign up now.

hi
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:10:11 AM

By the way one can receive income from AdSense and not have a credit card because of poor credit.

I don't have a credit card. I do however have a debit card through my bank that works just as well. Need to setup a credit card though just for the credit rating benefits. Just never needed one  Undecided

Agreed on the adsense bit. I used to have Google mail me checks when I ran an adsense generating site.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:17:16 AM

Well that petered out quickly.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:22:03 AM

I don't have a credit card. I do however have a debit card through my bank that works just as well. Need to setup a credit card though just for the credit rating benefits. Just never needed one  Undecided

Agreed on the adsense bit. I used to have Google mail me checks when I ran an adsense generating site.

Debit cards that work as credit cards work in the United States for those who have a bank account; however there are close to 10% of adults in the United States that do not have bank accounts; furthermore bad credit can prevent one from getting a bank account. In many countries debit cards that work as credit cards do not exist or are very hard to get, and pre-paid cards are very expensive with many fees and also hard to get. Also people with bad credit tend to avoid bank accounts for fear of creditor seizures. Ever wonder why the cheque cashing stores do so much business? The bottom line here is that those with a FICO score of 350 or so are the low lying fruit ready to be picked by Bitcoin merchants that sell services online.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:55:23 AM

Fantastic. Bitcoin is on the verge of massive attention, I believe it.

BTC Long.
steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:54:52 AM

Now is the time to get our collective shit together ladies and gentlemen.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:23:52 AM

Great news, people who say "so what" miss the point completely. big business would never accept something when there' no precedent, nobody wants to go in first. now there is a precedent, and unless bitpay would screw it up big time, a precedent that could be referred to by other big online businesses. It could grow into an avalanche of acceptance.

PS of course, knowing the history of BTC, somebody ought to hack bitpay in 1 month and steal all WP customer data somehow Smiley this is sparta!

i am satoshi
matonis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 06:39:15 AM

if this is the main reason why the little rally is going now that reason is stupid so stupid above normal levels

you don't get it....

this is not the first thing like this to happen recently

at this past bitcoin will be all over the internet in less then a year.  Kiss

Good point. This is huge news, but you'll know the inflection point is reached when merchants like WordPress decide to hold their BTC instead of pushing it right back into the banking system.

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:00:13 AM

Great news, people who say "so what" miss the point completely. big business would never accept something when there' no precedent, nobody wants to go in first. now there is a precedent, and unless bitpay would screw it up big time, a precedent that could be referred to by other big online businesses. It could grow into an avalanche of acceptance.

PS of course, knowing the history of BTC, somebody ought to hack bitpay in 1 month and steal all WP customer data somehow Smiley this is sparta!

This. Pretty please don't happen. lol  Cheesy
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:16:47 AM

I would've thought you to be a man that uses meaningful topic subjects, technomage ;>

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:39:28 AM

And by the way no drawing lines on charts is going to help you in a situation like this. See you later bears!

oh yes it does.  i've been predicting a breakout.

I think predicting a breakout is 100% possible. Just depends on which direction  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 10:47:36 AM

And by the way no drawing lines on charts is going to help you in a situation like this. See you later bears!

I think predicting a breakout is 100% possible. Just depends on which direction  Cheesy

Stop trolling Smoothie.

The direction is as clear as it can be, for now, even I have to admit that.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:11:14 AM

Stop trolling Smoothie.

The direction is as clear as it can be, for now, even I have to admit that.

Shocked
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 11:31:34 AM

could somebody make an mp3 of that sound ? would love to hear it!
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 05:09:28 PM

Do the BTC prices on Wordpress include a discount on merchant fees that would be charged to them by PayPal?

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: