Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: Steam accounts won't become "yours" even if you pay to buy them  (Read 292 times)
worhiper_-_ (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:48:10 PM

I see alot of people looking to sell steam accounts here, as a warning to potential buyers it should be pointed out that you should not give the benefit of the doubt to people looking to sell steam accounts.

I'm not going to say much about account hacking here, but you should consider that this is also a possibility.

The reason steam account purchases aren't safe is simple, steam accounts aren't meant to be transferred. It's against the ToS to sell accounts and not supported by steam's support.

If someone tries to sell you an account, they have several ways to recover the account by contacting the support claiming they lost access. To name the ones I'm aware of, posting pictures of serial keys of physical products (activation keys on game boxes etc.), credit card information, email password recovery.

Long story short, buy spending money to "buy" a steam account you should be aware that it could be recovered by the original owner at any time and you should therefore be placing your full trust on them not doing so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:29:49 AM

That is definitely true, but I am willing to take the risk as I want an account for a cheap price to play CS:GO with my friends.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║