Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stay away from gambling? suggestions ?  (Read 173015 times)
BruceLee007 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:56:53 PM

Go and study the bible until you find the light and you will probably stop gambling  Tongue
this wont make you stop as i strongly believe that you would have to search for an answer for a really long time, just go read a book you like or play some sports and thats it
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sinisuba

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:09:46 PM

Go and study the bible until you find the light and you will probably stop gambling  Tongue
this wont make you stop as i strongly believe that you would have to search for an answer for a really long time, just go read a book you like or play some sports and thats it

It was a joke dude, did you really think he was for real? Tongue

Gloober

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:11:45 PM

I believe keeping yourself occupied enough is the best thing you can do. Once you don't have the time to even think about gambling, you should be okay.

Surround yourself with other people and don't turn to gambling when you're bored. Find a friend to hang out with.
ftwbtc1

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:21:07 PM

hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

Spend the time and only some of the money courting women if you are single (or men if you are gay...no judgment).  If this does not work, seriously seek help, there are several good organizations to work with.  Talking to people with addiction can be helpful and counseling can be helpful.  Good luck!

diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:12:38 AM

What there is a ban on gambling in the bible? sorry I don't know it,
if indeed there are bans on gambling in the scriptures, you should study it maybe you can avoid
allysa

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:51:15 AM

By not having any money to gamble with to being with... the biggest gambling addicts I have ever seen were people that were already wealthy and well off. They get used to the adrenaline rush of testing your luck and they can't go a day without that thrill. The thing is, the more money they have, the more money they have to gamble to get that same high again. It is literally like a drug.
Blithe

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:01:02 AM

Try to involve yourself in other tasks.
Start planning wisely about your money.
Get a guide about quitting gambling.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:41:11 AM

It was a joke dude, did you really think he was for real? Tongue
if indeed there are bans on gambling in the scriptures, you should study it maybe you can avoid
Hmm... IIRC, the Bible does not specifically condemn gambling, betting, or the lottery.
You might be interested to read this: https://bible.org/question/why-gambling-wrong

Life sucks.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 08:01:46 AM

You could try blocking all the websites that you gamble on in a way that makes it really difficult to unblock them.
That might help you quit gambling together with some other activity to distract yourself.

This app might be usefull too:
http://getcoldturkey.com/

phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:18:41 AM

i think there is no direct saying on bible that bans gambling but there is one verse that is, i think referring to gambling which is 1 Timothy 6:10 saying that the love of money is the root of all evil. thats somehow against gambling.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:41:28 AM

Start slowly. Keep a separate wallet and limit the amount you want to gamble.
You can then slowly decrease the amount to gamble.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:12:28 AM

My advice is focus on your study / college. hang out with your friend and delete all your account on gambling sites. find a real job if you don't have it. go to bar with your friends.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:59:42 AM

My advice is focus on your study / college. hang out with your friend and delete all your account on gambling sites. find a real job if you don't have it. go to bar with your friends.

Yes exactly I think this will work. Because this virtual world attaches you badly and unless you detach yourself from it, because getting addition is only automatic, and getting rid of it requires lot of self discipline kind of works. Its hard to avoid the addictions of gambling, in time being everyone will get caught.
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:04:02 AM

I think it won't working, it will even make you more addicted to gambling.
My suggestion is, bet all of the money you have to a gambling site and then if you lose you will never gamble anymore. Otherwise if you win, you will be rich and get some real business with your winning money
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:25:16 AM

My suggestion is, bet all of the money you have to a gambling site and then if you lose you will never gamble anymore. Otherwise if you win, you will be rich and get some real business with your winning money

are u f***king kidding me? do u even dare to try your own way? who will be stupid enough to burn the whole all their money at once? and if that happens, no guarantee for stop gambling, at losing case, there are loans everywhere ones can grab and throw to gamble once again, and with winning case, greed may not let u stop, and fed the gamble addiction a big win like that just make it grow dramatically.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:43:52 AM

make promise with itself that i will not play any game of gambling

Thats my promise too. but I break it the time I noticed that I want to have some fun in gambling.  Smiley hehe

to stay away from gambling, stay away from gamblers, specially if they always talk about gambling.  Smiley

SwingFirst

Activity: 678
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:50:23 AM

hi

i am getting addicted to gambling.And i am loosing a lot of money.I am loosing what i can't afford to lose.its sad that when you start loosing its just busted me again and again.at last i gamble for fun but now when i am getting addicted i am loosing too much.

Any suggestions are welcome  Smiley

Regards

Spend the time and only some of the money courting women if you are single (or men if you are gay...no judgment).  If this does not work, seriously seek help, there are several good organizations to work with.  Talking to people with addiction can be helpful and counseling can be helpful.  Good luck!
Lmao, I love how you just assume that every bitcoiner is a man Grin
Dennis7777

Activity: 640

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:03:09 AM

are u f***king kidding me? do u even dare to try your own way? who will be stupid enough to burn the whole all their money at once? and if that happens, no guarantee for stop gambling, at losing case, there are loans everywhere ones can grab and throw to gamble once again, and with winning case, greed may not let u stop, and fed the gamble addiction a big win like that just make it grow dramatically.

So in order to stop yourself from gambling away your money, you could make an all in bet to lose all your money in the first place? Sounds like a plan lol    / sarcasm

Inkvor

Activity: 553

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:23:15 AM

So in order to stop yourself from gambling away your money, you could make an all in bet to lose all your money in the first place? Sounds like a plan lol    / sarcasm
That could actually work sometimes.If you lose a significant amount of money or something you were not supposed to lose then you might get sick of it and don't do it anymore.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:48:44 AM

That could actually work sometimes.If you lose a significant amount of money or something you were not supposed to lose then you might get sick of it and don't do it anymore.

well it is true. if u bet one shot, you wont feel the fun of gambling, and wont even think of winning it back cause it is almost impossible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: