Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitStone (BST) -GemStones 4 Sale With BST - BTC MINERS FOR BST [OLD and LOCKED]  (Read 55531 times)
filippounits

Activity: 692
Merit: 501

฿E YOUR OWN ฿ANK

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:59:11 PM

Another Bob, Gekko and co. play?

I'm shocked.

Different set of players. See original thread when they finally decided not to launch this in the summer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1088486.0

I'm surprised the paycoin haters haven't shown up in force, yet, on this thread. Cheesy
I think Bob only made a cameo here. However, the recent dump is his style.

I wouldn't worry about the recent dump, just by looking at the current extraction in the network only 14% of the coins would be sitting on exchanges about 62k the rest of the coins 86% are being stake.

That is a good point. I only see 17,000 bst on exchanges, and when those get bought up see ya on the moon.

seems on bittrex there's about 50k BST

Bitrated user: filippounits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitStoneDev (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

twitter.com/BitStone_Devs

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 10:39:17 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 11:32:24 PM by BitStoneDev

Hello BitStone Community,

I would like to take the time to communicate a few points that may be of some interest to you all.

The BitStone team wishes to make the distinction that we are hosting the store and payment gateway, but we are not the vendors by any means.

We currently have multiple vendors and we are actively looking for the ones with the best prices.

Please note that our gemstone vendor has tons of different stones, but listing all the types will be done when it is announced.

Here is a sneak peak of one of our vendors inventory - 1.54 - 3.12 CT selections.

Lastly the only thing we are selling will be the "BitStone Appreciation sales".

Any other questions, comments, or concerns...please voice them here.

Thank You,

BitStoneDev

screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:43:58 PM

I would like to take the time to communicate a few points that may be of some interest to you all.

The BitStone team wishes to make the distinction that we are hosting the store and payment gateway, but we are not the vendors by any means.

We currently have multiple vendors and we are actively looking for the ones with the best prices.

Please note that our gemstone vendor has tons of different stones, but listing all the types will be done when it is announced.

Here is a sneak peak of one of our vendors inventory - 1.54 - 3.12 CT selections.

Thank You,

BitStoneDev

awesome, two questions tho. Do you have any small 1/2 ct stones? Looking for something smaller to buy with my bst stash. something around $2000 usd. Can I pay with btc along side the bst stash I have, if I didn't have enough bst. Follow me?
charlieSeen

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:48:38 PM

nice shakeout today Grin Grin we needed that. great update dev, thanks for clearing those things up.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Everyone knows EXACTLY what this is...  Tread carefully.

This reminds me of SVC (Sovereigncoin).  It's actually scary how similar the two are.

Why would you sell real gems for a cryptocurrency? Are you just that good of a person? That kind?  That generous?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:51:52 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 12:04:20 AM by bones261

Thank You,

BitStoneDev

Wow, some of these stones by themselves could easily approach the current marketcap on this coin, retail.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:14:15 AM

Everyone knows EXACTLY what this is...  Tread carefully.

This reminds me of SVC (Sovereigncoin).  It's actually scary how similar the two are.

Why would you sell real gems for a cryptocurrency? Are you just that good of a person? That kind?  That generous?

I'm sure the vendors will end up getting USD in the end. Also, gemstones are not a commodity. They are a luxury item. In reality, the markup is rather high, especially on diamonds due to a certain cartel. Ever wonder how your local jewelry shop can regularly have clearance "sales" at 50-70% off? They aren't selling at a loss.  Cheesy Also, diamonds really are not that rare. If they were, you wouldn't be able to procure one at Wal-Mart.
charlieSeen

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:26:16 AM

This reminds me of SVC (Sovereigncoin).  It's actually scary how similar the two are.

Why would you sell real gems for a cryptocurrency? Are you just that good of a person? That kind?  That generous?

I'm sure the vendors will end up getting USD in the end. Also, gemstones are not a commodity. They are a luxury item. In reality, the markup is rather high, especially on diamonds due to a certain cartel. Ever wonder how your local jewelry shop can regularly have clearance "sales" at 50-70% off? They aren't selling at a loss.  Cheesy Also, diamonds really are not that rare. If they were, you wouldn't be able to procure one at Wal-Mart.

somebody gets it Grin Grin
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:32:22 AM

Thank You,

BitStoneDev

Wow, some of these stones by themselves could easily approach the current marketcap on this coin, retail.

That's easily $200K in stones. I see this working well if people actually get their orders.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:42:56 AM

That is the biggest bunch of Hogwash I have heard in a while.  I am sure you know better than the statements above.  I have seen multiple post here that say diamonds have a high markup price, untrue for fine diamonds.  Your statements are misleading or ignorant.

Look at the image below:
-You are right saying that diamonds are not rare - except only 15% of all the mined diamonds are worthy of even a lowly I3 grade.  Meaning 85% of mined diamonds are better suited to make drill bits.

-Of the remaining 15% - Half are I1-I3 - These are the "Mark Up" diamonds that you see at Walmart -

- Now we are left with about 7% of the diamonds and those diamonds make up the "Nice Diamonds" from Flawless to SI2 - They typically sell from the diamond cutters etc to the diamond dealers for about 60% of Rap and then to the stores and jewelers for about 70% of Rap.  The store then marks them up to about 80%-100% of Rap.  That only goes for the SI stuff and below.  If you have a D,E,F color and VS or better clarity then there will be a premium of 10% to way up for a Flawless D color diamond.  

Then the cut and flourescence come into play.  Rap is based on Brilliant/Ideal cut and you subtract for a lesser cut and subtract for fluorescence.

Obviously these statements are valid for a GIA graded stone and to a lesser degree EGL-USA.

etc. etc etc.

I challenge you to find a 1 ct -  VVS - D colored diamond marked off 75% at your local Walmart - What I see in the list are high quality stones (for the most part) and the price of those stones is extremely predictable - for comparison purposes you can refer to Rap or Bluenile.com for accurate pricing - and use that to judge how the stones are priced when the store opens.  

Lastly - If you want to go out and by your wife (or did go out and buy your wife) a 2 carat I2 stone and are pissed off you cannot sell it on Craigslist for what you paid for it - you probably did get ripped off and maybe you need to do more research next time and buy a stone in the top 7% and not the bottom 93%.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:01:24 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 01:36:14 AM by bones261

That is the biggest bunch of Hogwash I have heard in a while.  I am sure you know better than the statements above.  I have seen multiple post here that say diamonds have a high markup price, untrue for fine diamonds.  Your statements are misleading or ignorant.

Look at the image below:
-You are right saying that diamonds are not rare - except only 15% of all the mined diamonds are worthy of even a lowly I3 grade.  Meaning 85% of mined diamonds are better suited to make drill bits.

-Of the remaining 15% - Half are I1-I3 - These are the "Mark Up" diamonds that you see at Walmart -

- Now we are left with about 7% of the diamonds and those diamonds make up the "Nice Diamonds" from Flawless to SI2 - They typically sell from the diamond cutters etc to the diamond dealers for about 60% of Rap and then to the stores and jewelers for about 70% of Rap.  The store then marks them up to about 80%-100% of Rap.  That only goes for the SI stuff and below.  If you have a D,E,F color and VS or better clarity then there will be a premium of 10% to way up for a Flawless D color diamond.  

Then the cut and flourescence come into play.  Rap is based on Brilliant/Ideal cut and you subtract for a lesser cut and subtract for fluorescence.

Obviously these statements are valid for a GIA graded stone and to a lesser degree EGL-USA.

etc. etc etc.

I challenge you to find a 1 ct -  VVS - D colored diamond marked off 75% at your local Walmart - What I see in the list are high quality stones (for the most part) and the price of those stones is extremely predictable - for comparison purposes you can refer to Rap or Bluenile.com for accurate pricing - and use that to judge how the stones are priced when the store opens.  

Lastly - If you want to go out and by your wife (or did go out and buy your wife) a 2 carat I2 stone and are pissed off you cannot sell it on Craigslist for what you paid for it - you probably did get ripped off and maybe you need to do more research next time and buy a stone in the top 7% and not the bottom 93%.

I only see one diamond in the list with VVS quality and it is at the bottom of the list. Furthermore, it is I color which isn't bad, but certainly not the best. Also, given the specs of these stones, I doubt anyone is going to be successfully buying a substantial portion of the BitStone supply to obtain one. If the store succeeds, the majority of the sales are going to be smaller, lower quality stones with a high markup. Tongue
Quite frankly, diamonds don't impress me much at all. I think they are way overpriced. Even the Hope diamond didn't impress me because the dark blue severely hampered the brilliant fire that diamonds are so famous for. If I want a stone that has a decent hardness for everyday wear and high dispersion, I'll go with Moissanite and save my pocketbook a bundle.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:05:53 AM

Price holding up? I'm buying more!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2015, 01:23:00 AM

would be interested to know if a crypto friendly diamond trader
would be interested to add the mother of gemstone themed coins too

i think its good bitstone raise awareness of crypto in gemstone trading business

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:51:46 AM

Price holding up? I'm buying more!

Please help bolster the market on this coin by also placing a lower bid and building the floor on this coin. The BitStone community needs to place bids, even if the bid is low, so we can protect if from massive dumps, like happened yesterday. If you are a bagholder, I suggest that it is in your best interest to get to the exchanges and at least put in a 50k sat bid on the books with Bittrex and a 10k sat bid on Yobit.
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:52:26 AM

Which step of the roadmap is BST on now?

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:55:18 AM

BitStone is still at step zero. Initial distribution has already occurred, and now we need to build a community and buy support on the markets.
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:10:01 AM

BitStone is still at step zero. Initial distribution has already occurred, and now we need to build a community and buy support on the markets.

yup, buy support is way up from yesterdays shakeout.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:54:39 AM

For some reason I do not have faith in these coins til they get further down their list. So many stop at step 0. I will watch until it gets further.

charlieSeen

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:32:12 AM

For some reason I do not have faith in these coins til they get further down their list. So many stop at step 0. I will watch until it gets further.

Good call but you never know when it will be 3 or 4 times the price the next day when you wake up.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 03:36:53 AM

Depth chart looks pretty bomb right now. Support seems to be pretty solid.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: