Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:18:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aggressive trolling by DASH defender illodin and others  (Read 458 times)
DrkLvr_ (OP)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 05:56:53 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 06:55:45 PM by DrkLvr_

Hello

Lately there has been an increasing number of aggressive trolling attacks and various attempts to censor or intimidate others by Dash offenders. Example of such activities evidenced by their behaviour in this thread -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1225142.40  (among others).

These individuals are on a witch hunt to discredit and attack anyone on these forums who criticise or provide documented facts about their altcoin currency DASH (previously known as Darkcoin). It appears they even dox'd a Legendary member and it was celebrated by their community right here on Bitcointalk announcement thread.  This kind of behaviour is despicable; in my opinion their main thread here should be locked or deleted along with most of their spam threads.. so that they can continue to carry out their agenda on their "far more important" forum:

Please.. the instamine isn't even mentioned on the Dash ANN thread.

Dash has a far more important forum in use where it does get mentioned, is pinned at the very top
and is currently viewed 12028 times ...
See post #102

Edit: I locked the thread. Admins please feel free to unlock if you feel this should be discussed at a future date.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

What i cannot understand here among other things is this dash story... Defenders vs attackers... Poll here, flaming topic there...
I would stay in the middle and say if someone don't like this coin or he thinks it is kind of scam, he only has to neglect it or put only 1 warning then simply go...Finally he will not loose anything and he ''warned'' the others.

(sorry if my post interrupts something here but this ''battle'' should end)

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 06:48:22 PM

These situations are always quite complicated. I've used to watch DASH back when it was still DRK and I can only say that there was trolling and attacking even then. It might be worse now than it was. People are fighting over these tiny market coins like kids fighting over toys. Just imagine what would happen if it was more peaceful and people were actually working together (I guess this shows the average age/maturity of such people). If you think that someone or a group of people is just posting to troll (no useful content) you could summarize evidence and PM the moderator of that section and directly talk to him.

As far as the complexity is concerned (elaborating a bit), I've received complains about trolling by people attacking DASH in the past so the problem is two-sided. There's no need to open another thread about it because if we were to open a thread in meta for every single case of trolling then we'd have a (near) infinite amount of thread.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: