Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:46:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody getting the 21 bitcoin computer?  (Read 2741 times)
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 12:38:56 PM

It's all about convenience & the API guys.

This is a dev kit. It is not addressed to regular consumers

What are you talking about?  It is the dumbest fucking product ever.  21 says: 'it is intended to give you a steady stream of bitcoins'.  WTF??  A $3 block erupter does the same thing.   Calling it a 'dev kit' does nothing to improve its utility.  That damn thing does nothing and it is fuck-all expensive.  

How can it be that the company that raised the most money has only produced this piece of shit after over 1 year?  If this is what bitcoiners think about business, we are all fucked.

What kind of genius invested $100M+ in 21?

Also having a hard time seeing real usage cases that would justify the high price tag
will be interesting to see what creative ways people will be able to use this which cannot be replicated with cheaper set-ups.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:07:47 PM

If 21 bitcoin computer have more features & services, $399 might be worth it.
But, this computer don't have much features, so buy cheaper computer and add few programs will be more worth than buy this computer.

No idea why would people buy this bitcoin computer, expect they really don't want to set their own bitcoin computer.

Convenience, early API access.

People pay for Netflix although they could very well set up an XBMC box or other torrent download set up.

Don't underestimate the value of convenience  Wink https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8863

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:07:55 PM

I heard there starting to ship.  Anybody getting one and what are you planning on using it for?

What for? If you have $400 to waste go ahead! If you need this thing just to run a full node you might as well get a raspberry pi and buy another bitcoin on the side as an investment!
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 03:20:46 PM

I like that the 21bitcoin computer could be used as a bitcoin node. But i don't like it to be used as a miner it has a very low hash and its very expensive. I'm waiting to read reviews from users that bought it before decide to buy it or not.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:07:05 PM

If 21 bitcoin computer have more features & services, $399 might be worth it.
But, this computer don't have much features, so buy cheaper computer and add few programs will be more worth than buy this computer.

No idea why would people buy this bitcoin computer, expect they really don't want to set their own bitcoin computer.
I think this product is not aimed at the average joe, this is aimed at pretty well off people that is knowledgeable on Bitcoin. The idea of spending 400 on it when you could buy 1,198 BTC for the same price and hold long term and probably retire in a decade or two seems more attractive.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:13:06 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 03:07:47 PM by Amph

the problem is the price of this device ... you can build an atom motherboard+RAM+SSD and 12v 10A supply for less and buy an U3 after this (on the same supply).

or you can even mine altcoin with your rig already built and settled nicely with your gpu card and be good already, there is no need to waste money on something which is dedicated only to mining

with my computer i can do much more than simply mining
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:38:10 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 07:59:00 PM by Blawpaw

I heard there starting to ship.  Anybody getting one and what are you planning on using it for?

I want to get one, but it is still very expensive at this point. not to mention that there is still very few apps that are working through it right now. I'll wait down a few months and then, after I see that many more apps have been developed to run on it and the price has lowered I'll probably send for one!
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:08:07 PM

It's looking good but the price isn't comparable, better buy PS4 Grin
By The Way, it says
includes a 128 GB SD card loaded with a full copy of the Blockchain
128GB? The Blockchain size is increasingly enlarged right?
RawDog
Legendary

Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 09:17:24 PM

I think this product is not aimed at the average joe,

It is however perfectly suitable for the average moron.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:39:35 PM

It's all about convenience & the API guys.

This is a dev kit. It is not addressed to regular consumers

What are you talking about?  It is the dumbest fucking product ever.  21 says: 'it is intended to give you a steady stream of bitcoins'.  WTF??  A $3 block erupter does the same thing.   Calling it a 'dev kit' does nothing to improve its utility.  That damn thing does nothing and it is fuck-all expensive. 

How can it be that the company that raised the most money has only produced this piece of shit after over 1 year?  If this is what bitcoiners think about business, we are all fucked.

What kind of genius invested $100M+ in 21?

Haha, clever comments, although Apple failed miserably with Lisa and other early versions of their first Apple computer. Unfortunately for 21, a story like Apple's is one in a million.

So what is this computer supposed to do (where am I from, the 1980s?) Seriously, can anyone just list the benefits of this particular computer?

btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:23:14 AM

wow this thing is like a big paper weight... What am I missing with this thing besides the high price tag???

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:12:25 AM

What am I missing with this thing besides the high price tag???
Besides the high price tag, it hashes really slowly.  Almost so slow - it is practically stopped. 

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:23:54 AM

Is there any possibility of future upgrade of the "computer"? If not it will be obsoleted in no time.
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:26:52 AM

Is there any possibility of future upgrade of the "computer"? If not it will be obsoleted in no time.
It was obsolete the day before it went on sale.  So basically 'no time' is a fair estimate

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:58:45 AM

Seem like Amazon is also starting to take 21 Computer order. I'm not ordering as it is somewhat too expensive for someone like me. I wish I could give it a try. Just a try. I know it is not a good investment.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:38:36 AM

Why are some people still calling it a "dev kit"?  What the hell is a "bitcoin dev kit"?  heh, that doesn't even make sense.

It's just some marketers hoping to target the "hipster" wanna-be developers, and make them feel cool by wasting $400 on a device that has absolutely zero use.
Hxiantao

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:43:48 AM

the problem is the price of this device ... you can build an atom motherboard+RAM+SSD and 12v 10A supply for less and buy an U3 after this (on the same supply).

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Jetway-NC9KDL-2550-Intel-Atom-D2550-Dual-LAN-Mini-ITX-Motherboard-LVDS-HDMI-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbO1BQSoO7C+Jw~~60_35.JPG

or you can even mine altcoin with your rig already built and settled nicely with your gpu card and be good already there is no need to waste money on somethign which is dedicated only to mining

with my computer i can do much more than simply mining

very hight!
Envrin

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:16:45 AM

The software definitely has use, did you even read about it or are you pretending it is a node + mining chip and that is it?

I'm pretending it's a useless piece of junk, because that's exactly what it is. Smiley

Here:  https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Protocol_documentation

There's your "dev kit". Smiley  No need for special hardware.
Envrin

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:26:49 AM

What great software?  The CLI with a Python 3 library?

That's called Electrum.  You can get that for free here -- https://electrum.org/

This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick,  Even their Amazon page screams, "I believe I'm awesome at copy write and sales pages".
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 05:38:33 AM

I'm pretending it's a useless piece of junk, because that's exactly what it is. Smiley

Very dumb people who think they are investing in Bitcoin might buy one to impress their friends.  

Let's face it, most bitcoin scams are quite a bit more convincing than this one.  This one is widely known as total bullshit.  How on earth did 21 convince people to give them $21 million.  I'd give a bitcoin to watch the video of that pitch. 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: