Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48986 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:46:53 AM

Same reason I'm not selling my A2s yet. They'll be profitable for quite a lot of difficulty increase - and depending on the price the A4 stuff finally gets released at, diff increase to the point of making my A2s unprofitable might take months or even a couple years.

8-)

I hope you are correct. From what I understand a 350mh Titan at 1250 watts uses 1/2 the electric you use on your 256-300mh (modded firmware) Alcheminers...again from what I understand.

Thus feel free to float in the 'pool' and soak as long as you like.....if your floating...I'm floating lol Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:35:14 AM

I'm in A2 miners, not Alchminers - but from the reviews I've seen the two were very similar on efficiency, depending on how hard you pushed each one more than anything else.

Titans do beat both on efficiency - but the A2 was definitely a TON more reliable, and from what I've seen the Alcheminer was probably more reliable as well (Titans have been widely reported to have cores die a LOT).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:34:17 AM

I'm in A2 miners, not Alchminers - but from the reviews I've seen the two were very similar on efficiency, depending on how hard you pushed each one more than anything else.

Titans do beat both on efficiency - but the A2 was definitely a TON more reliable, and from what I've seen the Alcheminer was probably more reliable as well (Titans have been widely reported to have cores die a LOT).

Yeah I have 2 dead dies that happened from day one (knc would not rma them because 1 per cube....they said to overclock all my other dies and then when i hit 306.1mh they
said it was over 300mh and they only RMA on stuff that did not reach that. heh...... At this point they changed the firmware to allow to overclock to 350mh where as before
on such firmware it was locked at 300mh on advanced settings...(evil knc is and they do it well)

I have like 2 dies toggled back to 300mh and 2 dies on a cube at 200 and 175 mh but then again they have been in use for 17 months.

So anyway once you get something up working...YOU MAY be ok on Titans ..but yeah ..in that only used available you take a risk...in that they were orig designed for 90 day

warranty but knc forgot to change the web page on sales thus stuck themselves with previous sha-256 units 1 year warranty heh not that they honored many RMA's imho

So anyway IF this Innsilicon unit comes out in say July 2016 as they say (most asic mnfg's are 2 months late) but lets say July you are golden.....

that will drive up difficulty ..by how much I've no idea.....if they are basically using these units we could get for hell probably 4k (not sure I'd pay that but bet that is what they charge)...

to just use as a proof of concept like sfards and the recent X11 box....ie see we built it ..buy our chips or invest in our large data hall...the units may be very limited

anyway depends on how big bulk chips they sell and data hall

me...I think they probably 'barely' got the IPO $$$ to build the chips for their own data hall (much like spondoolies) and probably we won't see many of these single

non-data hall units...in that ...well ...seems to be the trend....also because at this time scrypt prices are damn low for scrypt data halls their bulk sales also imho will be weak

on the plus side...if they say drive up difficulty 25% more ..that is 2x the difficulty of when I started with LTC in Nov 2014 (1169 gh was the network)

BUT by showing EVERYONE THAT  a new scrypt POW miner....14MM NEXT generation is now out.....showing LTC and all scrypt is NOT DEAD and not just gonna become a KNC Titan end game

well hell if we are lucky the price of LTC say will double and/all other scrypt miners data hall or otherwise (also due to halving) and scrypt pow mining will get some legs back
not look like a POW going no place because of no new equip

anyway best case is double the price and the difficulty doubles from when I started before it plateaus out....(again can't see a lot of scrypt miner data halls off their

chips at these prices.....if scrypt price was to double THEN it would be off to the races ...but starting this summer er not so much imho)

anyway for a bit 2x difficulty but 2x price for Titan users it would be a wash.......(ie same $$$ as now more or less) and for the buyers of these machines you'd likely

ROI within a decent time frame even at 4k a unit ...assuming you get one

as to me ...even if price is say 2k or 3k them dang 90 day warranties are a 'bitch' with the scrypt prices by the time you got these units it would be quite a risk

because all new tech (14mm) is touchy as f*ck...it took KNC 3 months to just get the firmware to work with multi pools...if they would have kept the 90 day plan

they likely would have gone with their original plan saying that they only guaranteed a LTC miner...(got caught going back changing pages with old dates.....forgot

about wayback machine inet archive and got caught) But my point being ..they only got the firmware stable on multi pool because of the year warranty otherwise

they would have just walked imho   

so its the firmware that is gonna work or not....that dash miner the x11 with 90 day warranty is in the throes of this as we speak ....you are locked out of the pi
and cgminer mods from what I recently read....the below link shows how a miner could get really jam'd up with 90 day warranty and no firmware improvements and
or the miner software (and psu) being kinda locked in by the company ...would be ugly..if this trend was the same for the A4

http://cryptomining-blog.com/7752-what-we-dont-like-about-the-ibelink-dm384m-x11-asic-miner/

would be a bad trend if innsilicon did the same..1/4th of my Titan profit is probably gonna be do to the tarky miner 3rd party firmware with temp controls and all the

stuff knc SAID was not possible.best money I ever spent.....a locked up firmware users could not mod would be very bad ..again esp on 90 day warranty..ie stuck

with doorstop maybe after 90 days.

so asic miner innsilicoin so you wanna make bucko  bucks.on these small units...make it a 1 year warranty again and people would pile on the train indeed..hell i'd get

one just to continue home mining even if it ended up an even trade for ltc to btc elec/equp and dollar wise...(guy has to have his toys) you'd kill on sales of the knc level

back in the day...(then again they will probably have a data hall built by this point so why shoot themselves in the foot with making above a success?

whatever my thoughts ..be aware the all my ideas are suspect at one time I drank the BFL kool aid and believed their slogan in '2 weeks' and/or soon (tm) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:46:53 AM

My guess is that the A4 units will come out at around $2500, though I'd actually prefer you to be right and they show up closer to $4000 (fewer sold = less hashrate increase for a while = my A2s pay off more before they hit unprofitable).

I do love how I can just ignore my A2s for literally months at a time (I've got one that's been up for 4 MONTHS right now no issues - reconfigured my home to "summer mode" this week, and moved the other A2 units, so they've "only" been up for a few days as of right now - they HAD been up for the same 4ish months prior to my moving them) and they just keep hashing.....

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:43:14 AM

My guess is that the A4 units will come out at around $2500, though I'd actually prefer you to be right and they show up closer to $4000 (fewer sold = less hashrate increase for a while = my A2s pay off more before they hit unprofitable).

I do love how I can just ignore my A2s for literally months at a time (I've got one that's been up for 4 MONTHS right now no issues - reconfigured my home to "summer mode" this week, and moved the other A2 units, so they've "only" been up for a few days as of right now - they HAD been up for the same 4ish months prior to my moving them) and they just keep hashing.....

RANT BELOW as with all my rants just put me on /ignore already...I don't mind at all Smiley

yeah...but the data hall they are building....(how large) and MAYBE bulk sales of chips ..but man at these prices for scrypt coins LTC and the rest..I'm kinda surprised they even got the IPO $$$ to build their own data hall (IPO $$$ for build ....they made the chips....so they are golden as far as funding the works themselves)

but yeah....just can't see someone saying...damn.....I want to build a scrypt miner from scratch with bulk chips for my big china data hall......at $3.22 an LTC and
less as you go down the lines of other alts....the stars are gonna align for me on that Smiley pssst on Ethereum its a fad...scrypt is coming back baby...again..don't see it.

then again people are 'nuts' they did get the IPO $$ for at worse ..a token run of units (I still think 4k) and their very own data hall (whatever size) with the 14mm chips

they made....perhaps they are using this also to leverage their 'expertise' in other kinds of chip endeavors..ie the PR flavor? look what we did 14mm chips!

But anyway...right now the GH of the Litecoin Network says it is at 1,447gh both my miners (one new in Nov 8th  2014 another made in nov 2014 I got later Mar 2015)  the first new one
when I got it the gh when I got it was 1169 gh

so (from what I can determine) for LTC at least the network has ONLY grown as of today by 19.21 % from Nov 8th 2014 when I got my first Titan orig price. That was
17 months and 10 days....again using network gh on LTC.

So....say they make a big ass data hall....shoot some units out ....so what the difficulty goes  up to 40%...I am making 60% of such from Nov 8 2014..
.....I can still play in the sandbox with these new A4 units and
my Titans....(hey I roi'd long ago) NOW whether or not a NEW A4 has can mine long enough to ROI on a 4k investment say might be a different story...but above is do'able)

but hell as I said previously....IF the halving drives up BTC to 650 usd as folk have said (Pollyanna's maybe but still) at 650 usd per LTC that is at the current around say
with BTC halving pump of 0.008 ltc to btc...is 5.20 usd per LTC...hell something like that happens and the above ltc say difficulty goes up from 20% to 40% it makes it up in price and
I'm still making the same $$$ per month ....long way around to get to such ..but still could happen (hope it happens A4 guys if it does likely your equip will last long enough
to ROI imho)

of course at 5.20 ltc EVERYONE would then (6 months or so down the road) either buy these A4 bulk chips for data halls and/or make new scrypt asics to compete....
but the A4's would probably be OK as the first of the herd and Titans (assuming they did not doorstop getting kinda old) same...and the 'parade has to end sometime..but
hell by then I'm into Mar/Apr of 2017 and hell anyone with even an A4 at 4k is probably good for longer...and again imho likely to ROI

the non ROI stuff would be the surge for scrypt (if it happened) equipment IF BTC went to 650 usd and again at say 0.008 ltc to btc ..ltc say went to 5.20 usd at that ratio
then you would see a diff rise madness in scrypt of the btc madness of difficulty we all remember/dread/etc

Likely I'm wrong and they will pump out so many chips (low cost to them now that IPO $$ allowed them to be made) and units/etc....everyone will jump on board and
drive LTC and other scrypt alt coin difficulty to the moon .....and of course BTC being BTC and LTC being yoshi to BTC's mario ....going SIDEWAYS with say a 'modest' pump and
sideways correction at halving...er would be BAD for all of us above Sad

well hell 2017 could be another crypto year of 'equipment glut' of the scyrpt variety ...ie round and round she goes....

(silly funny smelling hairless primate humans throwing poo....get me off this planet ..need to hitch a ride) Smiley

But anyway ..for scrypt to survive it needs NEW equip of SOME kind for pow/scrypt etc or it will all fade away imnho.....I just don't want it to jump in the wading pool
all at once...i want it to WADE in slowly don't ya know (all about me guys and keeping the titans going till OCT 2016 and 4c dump in winter elec hieat per kwh and thru APR 2017 for that free winter heat) Smiley

That being said the A4 being first COULD ROI imho ..but man if it has a 90 day warranty that also could be a risk...this new end 14mm chip stuff could be 'iffy'

at a 1 year warranty and say 2.5k to 3k I'd be all over this Smiley

whatever crypto never a dull moment Smiley

emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 01:00:14 PM

I would happily test one of these units  Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:34:35 PM

I would happily test one of these units  Smiley

Ditto 😁

We all would (check my profile on here hint hint)

mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:41:05 PM

It is going to be interesting for sure, while I have about squeezed all the performance you can get out of these things and modded them quite a lot to make them a bit more usable, I wonder about some of the changes according to the specs they use anywhere from 8W-13W of power , well so did  the A2 ASICS and they had over 2x the surface area to get rid of that heat, I know it is not a thing most worry over I just wonder if they will be able to run like they say.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:04:50 AM

I would happily test 100 of these units.

I'd settle for testing one.

9-)

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:10:27 AM

they did reply asked me how many I'd like.....I said TWO (minnow that I am) ...likely this will be the last email I shall get Sad

But did ask them price as well...we will see...

If they contact me they will do so because they want a few of us 'asic cheerleaders' on here to pass the word on their product.

IF not..then they are just moving stuff ..kinda/sorta to 'show the flag the equip exists' for their data hall IPO

I'm guessing my emails are ...as we speak ..clanking around their 'spam bucket' after my big TWO units reply Sad

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:17:57 PM

What is a "data hall"? Have seen that posted on btctalk a lot. Don't you all mean "data center"?!

Google search did not come up with much..first result to "what is a data hall" comes back with this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center

....so why do some of you say "data hall" when it appears it is really "data center"?

Sorry to hijack this thread but it has been buggin me for a while.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:11:07 PM

What is a "data hall"? Have seen that posted on btctalk a lot. Don't you all mean "data center"?!

Google search did not come up with much..first result to "what is a data hall" comes back with this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center

....so why do some of you say "data hall" when it appears it is really "data center"?

It is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calque of Swedish word https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datorhall that means the same as what you've quoted.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:23:35 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 05:14:35 AM by Searing

Well this explanation below (quoted from an above post on this thread) is as good an explantion of any I guess.

Just common in Minnesota (a predominately SWEDISH settled state in USA back in the day). So it all seems to fit.

But this is where I picked it up as an equivalent to data center I'm farily sure. So the below explanation is as good as any I think

ie probably more proper data center term..ie versus the off the cuff data hall....which again around here is used interchangeably.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.msg14623426#msg14623426

So anyway imho that pretty much nailed it. Minnesota predominantly settled by Swedes........again my assumption a slang Midwest USA term

for the same.

CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:09:11 AM

Sorry Midwest USA slang 😒

Really? I don't know...have seen it soo much here that I would think it was something more than that? I honestly am curious. Not disparaging the use of the term...just wanting to find out why a lot of people use it.

Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:35:28 AM

They won't sit on a shelf if they aren't selling, inventory will be mining or they'll drop the price they won't just let them collect dust.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 05:20:43 AM

They won't sit on a shelf if they aren't selling, inventory will be mining or they'll drop the price they won't just let them collect dust.

Likely imho they will just be a 'token' amount of these A4 miners (like sfards did) just to show the flag on a unit or two. The main push will be their own data center (did you see that i said data center not data hall) and the uphill fight of selling bulk chips would be their next hurtle.

Anyway it seems that is what asic equip makers of scrypt and/or sha-256 do now. Much more profitable to chase NEWBIE IPO big $$$ money that wants to flow into crypto then those NEWBIE HOME miners with less $$$ as was done in the past.

Same angle but bigger pockets the big money newbie IPO folk have. (again imho)  (My thoughts of this is that they DID at 3.20 LTC or so scrypt prices manage to get enough IPO $$$ to build the chips in the first place..which from my view was quite a feat)

Anyway my 'guess' on how it will play out. Overpriced. Limited amount of units and maybe even like sfards did only available in bulk purchasing of 100 plus.

We will see I guess.( Assuming it is NOT vaporware. Always a consideration)

carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 08:23:17 AM

I think the sales price will be something like $4.000 or 9BTC + shipping, of course. Above that, the miner is overpriced too much, below, the hashrate will rise very fast... Undecided

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 09:26:26 AM

Likely imho they will just be a 'token' amount of these A4 miners (like sfards did) just to show the flag on a unit or two. The main push will be their own data center (did you see that i said data center not data hall) and the uphill fight of selling bulk chips would be their next hurtle.

Last time I checked Innosilicon doesn't HAVE a "data center" or "data hall" or any significant mining operation at all.

They seem to be the only Cryptocoin Mining Chip/Miner manufacturer that doesn't do a lot of mining themselves - probably because they were a well-established Chip manufacturer before they got into Cryptocoin chip making (and still ARE a manufacturer of lots of other chips).

Unlike every other manufacturer AFAIK making cryptocoin chips, Innosilicon doesn't rely on cryptocoin for most to all of their income, much less most to all of their profit.

I won't talk about some of their DEALERS (and likely partners) that DO in fact mine *cough Zoomhash cough*....

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:15:37 PM

Last time I checked Innosilicon doesn't HAVE a "data center" or "data hall" or any significant mining operation at all.

They seem to be the only Cryptocoin Mining Chip/Miner manufacturer that doesn't do a lot of mining themselves - probably because they were a well-established Chip manufacturer before they got into Cryptocoin chip making (and still ARE a manufacturer of lots of other chips).

Unlike every other manufacturer AFAIK making cryptocoin chips, Innosilicon doesn't rely on cryptocoin for most to all of their income, much less most to all of their profit.

I won't talk about some of their DEALERS (and likely partners) that DO in fact mine *cough Zoomhash cough*....

OK I'm confused....what was the IPO money for then? I thought they had the mask etc ready to go and needed IPO $$$

I find it hard to believe that they are betting all on others using bulk chips sales at $3.20 per LTC say or the price of scrypt to carry the load

you could be right ..but spondoolies WAS not as big into data centers but they are now ...;perhaps innsilicon has also gone the way of knc etc in the old 'me first' camp

but I don't know.....you could be correct ..but now I'm really confused .thought I had a handle on why at these low prices they were 'pushing scrypt chips'

perhaps they are into this as the 'equiv' of home mining ...just for the frack of saying they can make a 14mm asic scrypt chip (not sure why thou)

dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 01:56:55 PM

Data hall was a term used by KNC for their mining farm in Sweden.  I believe people now use it as a derogatory term in referring to a big farm that screws people.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: