Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:31:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What moves bitcoin price?  (Read 7460 times)
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:11:02 AM

I believe the Chinese market has something to do with it

But overall it's the demand and supply. Also the dumping and pumping of bitcoins.

For now, Black Friday is the one who moves bitcoin price.
There are already few pump & dump in few days, and there'll more when Black Friday coming.

So, not only chinise market, but also special events which moves bitcoin price.

These pump and dump is too small. It does not affect the bitcoin price too much. Black Friday will have little effect too. We shall find the impact in the next few days.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 05:51:47 PM

At the moment I think people are trying to get in before the halving mania takes hold

It's easy to say so, but no one knows exactly what is making the price go up right now. People said in the previous rally that it was due to people who are buying before the block halving, and people were guessing the price would reach a minimum of $700. But the opposite happened. It went down very HARD after reaching $500. Whatever it is causing the current rise, it's nice Smiley

I understood the previous one to be driven by chinese capital controls, however in reality there is no one reason. In large part people see price going up and jump  in too or see price go down and sell. Its like a shoal of fish all turning together
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:01:09 PM

At present, the bitcoin price is moved by news mainly. Any news about adoption will increase the price.

the price depends on the news and the mood of the whales. If they decide to dump the price, any good news cannot prevent that.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Juhagic

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 10:27:52 AM

At present, the bitcoin price is moved by news mainly. Any news about adoption will increase the price.

the price depends on the news and the mood of the whales. If they decide to dump the price, any good news cannot prevent that.

The price is news driven for most of the time. But it also depends on the performance of the whales and the miners.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 03:25:44 PM

The price is news driven for most of the time. But it also depends on the performance of the whales and the miners.

Bitcoin being news driven is partly true. When there is some really great news, it barely affects the price. But when bad news pops up, then the price is going down. I think it will take a few more years before even bad news have no impact on Bitcoin anymore.
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 04:51:05 PM

i think the interest of people who want to buy it and sell it
98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:26:09 PM

its moved by the people buy and sell orders so it means its controlled by people though of course you need to have a lot of money if you want to have any impact on the price

Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 11:04:20 PM

The new taxes in Europe is a reason why the bitcoin price is higher.

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 11:45:30 PM

By demand and supply.
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:20:17 AM

Generally, The bitcoin price is moved up when demand increases and it moves down when supply increases.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:43:40 AM

By demand and supply.

For time being, the speculation drive the price up and down. Big whales can also influence the price a lot.
HarizDB

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 01:54:32 PM

I do believe there are many factors driving the Bitcoins prices. I think a good place to start could be other kinds of assets, most notable stocks, fiats, bonds, gold and oil. When this kind of assets loses value, the interest in the Bitcoins could rise, because of people always wanting to make money, then it is logical than people would invest in the assets with the biggest ROIC. The demand on the coin increases, and simply demand/supply theory says the price goes up.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:11:27 PM

By demand and supply.

For time being, the speculation drive the price up and down. Big whales can also influence the price a lot.

Yes speculating upcoming halving must be a big drive force for bitcoin prices in recent times. Because everyone is competing to catch a good buying price. In this way those who bought around $240 levels are a definite ultimate winners already.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:10:00 PM

By demand and supply.

Yes speculating upcoming halving must be a big drive force for bitcoin prices in recent times. Because everyone is competing to catch a good buying price. In this way those who bought around $240 levels are a definite ultimate winners already.

Yes, speculation must be a one of the prime mover of bitcoin prices. In long term everyone believes bitcoin prices will goes to very much higher prices. This is because of the capped nature of total supply of bitcoin. So with the limited supply of bitcoin prices everyone always speculate it will go to higher price definitely.
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 11:09:45 PM

I am not convinced news is a major mover of price compared to the stock market. Take 2014 as a perfect example...sure, Gox collapsing at the beginning of the year had a major negative effect on the price, but bitcoin companies raised $315 million in VC funding that year. 

I think the market is greatly manipulated by bigger players. I think it is only logical an unregulated and volatile market will attract those types.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:55:30 AM

What moves Bitcoin price, are Bitcoin whales.

Everything else is illusion. So called 'fundamentals' are simply faerie stories that are used to 'explain' whale interventions which may be totally idiosyncratic, or indeed, the whale interventions may be timed to coincide with 'Fundamental Events', such as the pump that occured on the 2nd 7% China Stock Market drop.

'News' event occurs. Whales start Painting the Tape and ramping, market particpants put 2 and 2 together, and get 22, and pile in. Thus market rises. 'Explanation' in peoples heads is that market is rising, due to Chinese flooding into Bitcoin, but infact, the market has risen, because people believe that this is occuring, or will occur sometime in the future. Had the whales behind the CNY exchanges started dumping on the 7% Stock Market drop, then the 'explanation' would have been, 'Chinese investors liquidiating Bitcoin positions to cover losses in stock market'.

Nothing annoys me more than the volume of false paradigms that are propagated on places like this (and in investment media in general) and end up passing for reality. But buy into any of it, and you will pay the price, because far more often than not, believing in bullshit only pays off, until one day it doesn't pay off, and in spectacular fashion.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:51:28 AM

i think the interest of people who want to buy it and sell it

Not that dude. Its because of Adaption from the business people who are taking bitcoin as their transaction medium. And Halving making difference in bitcoin price chart  because both things will play vibrant in price chart If you see the past years.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:59:49 AM

I am not convinced news is a major mover of price compared to the stock market. Take 2014 as a perfect example...sure, Gox collapsing at the beginning of the year had a major negative effect on the price, but bitcoin companies raised $315 million in VC funding that year. 

I think the market is greatly manipulated by bigger players. I think it is only logical an unregulated and volatile market will attract those types.

News isn't moving the Bitcoin price unless it's very bad news. Good news has barely any impact anymore nowadays. Many people think that certain companies/startups who raise millions are good for the price. That isn't the case. None of that money is being invested in Bitcoin as coin. That's why it doesn't have an effect on the price.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 04:28:25 AM

News isn't moving the Bitcoin price unless it's very bad news. Good news has barely any impact anymore nowadays. Many people think that certain companies/startups who raise millions are good for the price. That isn't the case. None of that money is being invested in Bitcoin as coin. That's why it doesn't have an effect on the price.

There are many factors which are usually moving bitcoin prices either up or down. The basic rule for any commodity is supply and demand. Usually supply and demand will move the price for for any commodity but in bitcoin ecosystem we have constants supply for every four years. So, demand plays a big role in moving bitcoin prices.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:14:44 AM

For stock exchanges, situations like what happened in Paris with the terrorism attack,means changes in the prices of the stocks, but due to bitcoin is kind of different, for you, what do you have to be in mind when you speculate about the price? I mean, what type of news or kind of doings, you have to keep in your mind to get winner in the bitcoin transactions?

One word - China. Since the day one, Chinese users move the price.
Also, I expect this upcoming block halving to move the price up, big time. However, we still have a few months until this kicks in.
Had the same thinking. China is the one which decides the price. Now also the china market has fallen a bit high when compared to other countries.This has lead to a decrease in the value of bitcoin. No matter who decides it should benefit humans.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: