Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:46:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:21:34 AM

Why Gambling is addictive?
All fast money making methods are easy and the more easy you make money the more easily you loose them and repeating this cycle make you addictive to gambling and then you are soon tending towards bankruptcy .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:10:41 PM

All fast money making methods are easy and the more easy you make money the more easily you loose them and repeating this cycle make you addictive to gambling and then you are soon tending towards bankruptcy .

Yes. Addiction is the by-product of gambling just because of nature of gambling. Human easily get addicted to exciting things. Gambling must an exciting experience which also provides some profits or giving some hope on making quick money. So, every human get addicting to this money providing exciting thing.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:57:20 PM

Yes! This is a vicious cycle.Easy comes easy goes.That's why always choose to work hard and earn the money ,its totally worth it and you will respect it .Gambling can be easily done to as an alternative even if you're addicted and do it for fun its alright until you're spending very less for what you earn but putting your entire bank roll online will make you broke in no time.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:01:43 PM

Yes! This is a vicious cycle.Easy comes easy goes.That's why always choose to work hard and earn the money ,its totally worth it and you will respect it .Gambling can be easily done to as an alternative even if you're addicted and do it for fun its alright until you're spending very less for what you earn but putting your entire bank roll online will make you broke in no time.

Both of you are totaly right. Gambling is something that can make u rich fast or ruin u even faster. Choice is ours, there is a reason why everywhere is writen gamble with responsability, so people dont throw your money like that, spent just what u can afford. Also when you make something run away as fast as you can or you will end up with loosing everything you have.
michinzx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:17:20 PM

gambling is only addictive to greedy people who want to keep on winning. it is wise to know when to quit in case you find yourself losing or even winning. the only problem is that no one thinks they have enough. better investing your BTC in another form if you just feel like multiplying it because betting will see you lose it. thanks

Some people thinks doing gamble make their adrenaline pushed and its make them happy.
So it is not about win or lost only there is something funny when you wait the result.
And it is addicting to fun gamble.
that's mostly true only for addicts though, most normal people will always try to play for money. an addict on the other hand, doesnt care if they win or lose, they just chase their gambling fix and nothing more. to them, the cost of losing is the just the cost of getting their fix, nothing more. and if they win, just just get another one is all.
Echye

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:19:52 PM

Well, wouldn't say its that addicting. People tend to do it when they are bored/depressed/angry , while knowing they will loose, not gambling, just giving away money. I'd say consentrate on other things during the day and you won't find a minute to gamble
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:20:23 PM

gambling is only addictive to greedy people who want to keep on winning. it is wise to know when to quit in case you find yourself losing or even winning. the only problem is that no one thinks they have enough. better investing your BTC in another form if you just feel like multiplying it because betting will see you lose it. thanks

Some people thinks doing gamble make their adrenaline pushed and its make them happy.
So it is not about win or lost only there is something funny when you wait the result.
that's mostly true only for addicts though, most normal people will always try to play for money. an addict on the other hand, doesnt care if they win or lose, they just chase their gambling fix and nothing more. to them, the cost of losing is the just the cost of getting their fix, nothing more. and if they win, just just get another one is all.

I saw my neighbour want to chase his loss, he scream so I can hear his voice ( I think he was angry to his wife )
And the horrible part is he commit to suicide by hanging himself with rope  Lips sealed on tomorrrow

So if we can't afford to lose, better stay away from gambling !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:47:28 PM

I saw my neighbour want to chase his loss, he scream so I can hear his voice ( I think he was angry to his wife )
And the horrible part is he commit to suicide by hanging himself with rope  Lips sealed on tomorrrow

So if we can't afford to lose, better stay away from gambling !

What did I just read :O. This is one of the problem about gambling.
That is why I just gamble for fun and if I am lucky that I win money. So that I don't get addicted.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:11:13 PM

just imagine when you eat something delicious,and you want it more and more,and i think gambling also like that,if you win and win,you will try again and again,if you lose,you will try until win,its human character,its a normal..the abnormal is,if you cant quit from that.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:18:36 PM

just imagine when you eat something delicious,and you want it more and more,and i think gambling also like that,if you win and win,you will try again and again,if you lose,you will try until win,its human character,its a normal..the abnormal is,if you cant quit from that.

Yup like me but not gambling. When I play let say League of Legends I lose some points then in my mind I think that I can win the next round.
But that don't happend every time so yeah. But being addicted is just a human think is what you said Cheesy every one is addicted about something so yeah.
sartorpc

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:23:13 PM

There are many addicting things in this world, gambling is one of them because you can easily win sometimes, but when you loose you feel like you have to keep playing to recover what you have lost, and after that you feel that you want more that what you had at the start point, and then you loose again, its hard to stop but I would recommend you to do other things, go out with your friends, go to the cinema, practice sports, study, read books, watch movies, play videogames (not too much hours)...
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:37:29 PM

For me personally, gambling is fun as long as I actually can't lose any money/crypto. So I occasionally gamble with faucets with the aim to multiply the given faucet enough to make it transferable. Example: minutes ago I managed to gamble from an initial 200 satoshi to over 22000 (110x) while the 'transfer-barrier' was 10000 sats, or 0,001 BTC. To get from 22000 to 100000 sats you 'only' need to multiply 5 times more, but then my screen turned eerily red and amount plunged to 0.

In a nutshell: it was an entertaining attempt to reach the glorious amount of 0,001, while the worst-case scenario is only losing a faucet (and 10 minutes of my life)  Wink
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:00:53 PM

For me personally, gambling is fun as long as I actually can't lose any money/crypto. So I occasionally gamble with faucets with the aim to multiply the given faucet enough to make it transferable. Example: minutes ago I managed to gamble from an initial 200 satoshi to over 22000 (110x) while the 'transfer-barrier' was 10000 sats, or 0,001 BTC. To get from 22000 to 100000 sats you 'only' need to multiply 5 times more, but then my screen turned eerily red and amount plunged to 0.

In a nutshell: it was an entertaining attempt to reach the glorious amount of 0,001, while the worst-case scenario is only losing a faucet (and 10 minutes of my life)  Wink

Waw nice! I am gambling with faucets too. The price is so little that I don't realle care if I lose.

But that is nice that you won 0,001 BTC = 0.6452 USD well that is something.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:31:19 PM

Well, wouldn't say its that addicting. People tend to do it when they are bored/depressed/angry , while knowing they will loose, not gambling, just giving away money. I'd say consentrate on other things during the day and you won't find a minute to gamble

It is not that easy. I know guys who are addicted to gambling.
A friend of mine just lost 3 monthly rents in one evening. This was money he could not afford to lose. And he knew it.
He had lost several thousands but still can not find his inner emergency brake.
That dude is in serious trouble!
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:48:02 PM

Yeah it is some kind of psychology. People think they will win this time, or that time. Before they know the are out of money.

Lost your house, wife and kids, and try to survive on the streets, while winter is coming..

virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:12:50 PM

Yeah it is some kind of psychology. People think they will win this time, or that time. Before they know the are out of money.

Lost your house, wife and kids, and try to survive on the streets, while winter is coming..

An area of pleasure is active when you win. The same area of sex and alcohol. The problem is not in gambling but in people spending all their money in it. Bankruptcy can also happen with alcohol or any other addiction.

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:42:40 PM

Because some people can't stop themselves from doing it.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:44:42 PM

the main reason for gambling is to earn easy money very fast, and in the start of the gambling you will win, but after some time the time changes and you start to lose then starts your addiction and you start to get information, details and searches . like this you start to become addicted to gambling. i am also addicted to it but i started to bet on sports betting and now i am getting less addictive because which sports i bet if that is live then only i bet.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:43:21 AM

Because some people can't stop themselves from doing it.

That is not the correct answer. These games are designed such a way to attract most of the people play longer and also people are very greedy so either they win or lose still they will play for longer either to make more profits or for recovering their loses from these games.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:00:20 AM

If you win - usually you'll get a thrill (associated with neurotransmitter/neuropeptide release) which across a long term creates a positive feedback loop leading you to enjoy gambling and continue to do so. Furthermore, if you gamble regularly you reinforce the habit - so regardless of how much you enjoy it you'll be more inclined to gamble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: