Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:51:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
adomers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:59:14 AM

Gambling is the same as do drugs, if you've been using for sure you will always use and it can not be avoided before you feel the negative things from it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:06:52 PM

This is why it is verry adicting because you see monny but not your negative profit

Gambling is a trap

Depends on how you see this thing as. Some people keep playing it because they know one day he will recover their loss. And know when to stop is not available for addiction because untill someone drag them there is no way you could get out easily.

Gambling never asks you to get addicted with it, gambling is doing its own duty but the fact is that we forget what is good and bad for us and we keep on gambling for quick money.
Many fast way to earn much money other than gambling, we live just choose whether we want to opt for a loss or profit?
I think the idea of players just gambling was the only way to double the bitcoin quickly
so they always use gambling to the main way in doubling and earn bitcoin
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:10:03 PM

Gambling is the same as do drugs, if you've been using for sure you will always use and it can not be avoided before you feel the negative things from it.

Yup! drugs isn't addictive the first thing you try it even smoking and drinking alcohol but if you done it very repetitively then you will surely be addicted to it in no time and I must say just like gambling if you will still on doing it then there will be a certain level of addiction to the extend that you will never comeback!
beduku22

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:40:01 PM

Yup! drugs isn't addictive the first thing you try it even smoking and drinking alcohol but if you done it very repetitively then you will surely be addicted to it in no time and I must say just like gambling if you will still on doing it then there will be a certain level of addiction to the extend that you will never comeback!

Gambling is since the beginning already addicting. Not because its just fun but because you can make money fast.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:51:03 PM

This is why it is verry adicting because you see monny but not your negative profit

Gambling is a trap

Depends on how you see this thing as. Some people keep playing it because they know one day he will recover their loss. And know when to stop is not available for addiction because untill someone drag them there is no way you could get out easily.

Chasing that "one day I'll win it all back" is the reason gamblers become addicts. They keep betting and gambling even if they lose. They do this until gambling becomes a part of their system which is hard to remove. Then soon, this gambling is the reason they destroy their life. It will be hard to cure even with the help of professionals.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:00:42 PM

Gambling is since the beginning already addicting. Not because its just fun but because you can make money fast.
yes no one can refuse on gambling. makes us addicted to gambling. gambling makes us rich quickly and gambling makes us fall into poverty very quickly as well. overall gambling is fun.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:02:47 PM

at the beginning of your game it will never be addicting you are just saying your addicted to it but the thing is you most like to try to play it that is all, but the addiction will never show unless you keep on playing it! and that is the thing about gambling you will never know for sure if your addicted or not!
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:12:06 PM

I think the best way to beat gambling addiction is finding another addiction that isn't going to cost you money lol. Right now I have discovered this snake game called slither.io, and I can't stop playing. Since my free time is limited, I spend it playing that and then get back to work, instead of gambling with money. I have fun and when im done I don't feel like gambling and I get to work focused and ready to make some money working and not gambling around.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:47:47 PM

I think the best way to beat gambling addiction is finding another addiction that isn't going to cost you money lol. Right now I have discovered this snake game called slither.io, and I can't stop playing. Since my free time is limited, I spend it playing that and then get back to work, instead of gambling with money. I have fun and when im done I don't feel like gambling and I get to work focused and ready to make some money working and not gambling around.

congratz that you manage to find something else to divert your attention. however, it is not that easy for a lot of people. people like to gamble is not because of the game, it is about the thrill of able to win the extra money. Some people want to play blackjack with money involve. If you just ask them to play blackjack with no money, they are not even interested.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:59:56 PM

anything that can be called "addiction" is wrong. no matter what it is and it doesn't matter if you are spending money or not.
addiction is something that is harmful, if it is not you can not call it addiction and i think it is the worst idea to replace one bad habit with another bad habit.

you either have to control your gambling or quit it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:10:45 PM

Gambling is a trap

Gambling never asks you to get addicted with it, gambling is doing its own duty but the fact is that we forget what is good and bad for us and we keep on gambling for quick money.

Most people lose more than they will ever win in their hole life. They stay gambling because they think they can win back the money, its a big mistake.
Big mistakes of the majority because gambling is a serious business and if to take it the opposite way you will not be successful on it. Just do sports betting, its the only form of gambling where we can have a decent chance of winning.

Gambling is a business if you have some investment there or may be you are part of them, if you just play on gambling I dont think that is a serious business. Sport betting sure is profitable like most people said but only if you can manage to gather some information, if you are lack of information I dont think that you can get a good profit
aprilio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:22:47 PM

if was win dont forget withdraw then play again tommorrow my prinsip
or play others site
gtglener

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:39:07 PM

or play others site

yes, it is the best strategy, when you win on a gambling then why not withdraw that money and spend on life and luxury of your life and when you again want to play then come back tomorrow and play for some time, in this way you will also get some entertainment in the whole day boring work.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:41:44 PM

This is a simple advice but for someone who is really addicting isn't it a solution.

If you are addict to gambling you are not able to regulate yourself at all.

or play others site
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:35:32 AM

Gambling is a trap

Most people lose more than they will ever win in their hole life. They stay gambling because they think they can win back the money, its a big mistake.
gambling makes a person really enjoy even if they are wrong. they will continue to gamble with another goal to get the money back and make a profit. but the result of a gambling game sometimes does not correspond to your wishes.
so they produce only defeat again. I don't know when they will stop
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:44:58 AM

Gambling is a trap

gambling makes a person really enjoy even if they are wrong. they will continue to gamble with another goal to get the money back and make a profit. but the result of a gambling game sometimes does not correspond to your wishes.
so they produce only defeat again. I don't know when they will stop

As it is already the nature of the person that if he losses he would want to take back his losses. The problem is the odds is always against us in the long due to house edge. If you cannot control the addiction then that is bad that would affect your live in a negative way.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:49:18 AM

or play others site
if you win you better savings you can continue to follow the trading or other investments.
absy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:54:43 AM

or play others site
if you win you better savings you can continue to follow the trading or other investments.
True thats what I do . and I agree with daarul50 . I only play dice when there is some promo or contest, if I win anything there , I consider it as bonus and I invest it instantly into some good coins like ETH or MRAI right now , this even prevents you from gambling more , and loose all you won .

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
maudevang

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:51:20 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
Most people who gamble allot have won sometimes but these people think that they have won a couple of times and that it is going to keep happening. They want to win so bad again that they just keep going and keep spending their money without thinking twice.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:27:58 AM

anything that can be called "addiction" is wrong. no matter what it is and it doesn't matter if you are spending money or not.
addiction is something that is harmful, if it is not you can not call it addiction and i think it is the worst idea to replace one bad habit with another bad habit.

you either have to control your gambling or quit it.
Agree with you, leaving one addiction for another one means, nothing has changed, there will be the same destruction in his life which is already with the existing addiction. So if he has to be addict to some other place then better is to not to move to other.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: