Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:08:22 AM

Two things what gambling is making addicted is that you can win money and simply play a game.
I think because its a game you are mostly doing it again and again.

that is true, but the main thing is they have such great expectations in benefit so they do gambling in a manner quite sloppy in the absence of calculation, Each defeat and victory they get certainly leave curious

Definitely,

Losing control of your self when playing gambling games will get you in a worse sitution that you do not now that you had lose a big amount of money compared to what you had just win.

Every player should only consider gambling as an entertainment and not a way to earn money, so that you will ot set those great expectation of earning some money from it, thus reducing the chance of losing a money.
That is why we need to be discipline in gambling because it is very risky and might wreck your life due to addiction. Make sure we are ready to take risk and we have something to risk that we can afford to lose, regardless of how often you will gamble as long as you will not be addicted then you are good to go.
im just using my earnings from campaign and trading then make some capital to use for my gambling, betting from sportshouse following some free bet from joca nad carles and also betviser make right timing its just for fun so if i lose i didn't use my own money just the earnings from my spare time.

That was good. that you're not using your own money in gambling, and you just using your earnings in your spare time. You know how to control your self and money, other people can'r control themselves and also they using their monthly budget with this kind of game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 10:21:53 AM

Anything as the potential to be addicting....it just depends on the personality of the individual participating in the event.  Some people just have addictive personalities and get addicted to different things.  Some are addicted to food while others are addicted to sex....just depends.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:23:05 PM

Because with gambling you can win so much money, with gambling you can rich , dont need hardwork just sit and play just let your lucky play and you will get big income.
No one gets rich to  gambling, and if you think having 1 btc will give you 500 btc profit then that's not the reality. People who can profit 500btc is already rich, how? Because they already have higher bankroll like example 10000btc. Gamblers who have higher bankroll can easily earn higher profit. That's how It goes. It's really impossible for people that dreaming a 1 bitcoin will make them multiply it, it will mostly make you lose your bitcoin rather than making a profit.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 04:41:23 PM

gambling is very addicting especially to those people who are not contented with their money and to those people that having a long spare time not doing anything and wants to have fun .

Yup! that is one possible cause why people gamble but there is certainly lot of reason why a person is gambling maybe he is broke, or lonely or just killing some time or he doesn't know where to spend his money anymore cause he had everything but even if a lot of people have different reasons they are still prone in getting addicted to gambling.
victory that happened in gambling it tasted very good. it makes people become addicted to trying to win, apart from that very many people who feel that gambling can relieve their boredom. so they will always be addicted

I think that is a basic feeling most people will experience in winning a game in gambling, but there are some people that can control the urge from it and will not cause them to get addicted to gambling.
I agree. one who can control himself in gambling they do not include people who are addicted to gambling.

Gambling is very addicting in all aspects, all types of gambling are addicting. It is not because of the money involve for playing.
But the game itself is very addicting, because the thrill and fun it gives to its gamblers.

I think it is just normal for people to get greedy in gambling because that's the way gambling works people really want to get the money that are involve in gambling and I think that is just normal for someone who's playing gambling wants to get even just a small amount of money from it.
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 05:11:41 PM

gambling is very addicting especially to those people who are not contented with their money and to those people that having a long spare time not doing anything and wants to have fun .

Yup! that is one possible cause why people gamble but there is certainly lot of reason why a person is gambling maybe he is broke, or lonely or just killing some time or he doesn't know where to spend his money anymore cause he had everything but even if a lot of people have different reasons they are still prone in getting addicted to gambling.
victory that happened in gambling it tasted very good. it makes people become addicted to trying to win, apart from that very many people who feel that gambling can relieve their boredom. so they will always be addicted

I think that is a basic feeling most people will experience in winning a game in gambling, but there are some people that can control the urge from it and will not cause them to get addicted to gambling.
I agree. one who can control himself in gambling they do not include people who are addicted to gambling.

Gambling is very addicting in all aspects, all types of gambling are addicting. It is not because of the money involve for playing.
But the game itself is very addicting, because the thrill and fun it gives to its gamblers.

I think it is just normal for people to get greedy in gambling because that's the way gambling works people really want to get the money that are involve in gambling and I think that is just normal for someone who's playing gambling wants to get even just a small amount of money from it.

Yeah it is normal,

people are made to be greedy and no one can't do anything about it,

But still we should need to consider that gambling is made for entertainment and not for earning a money for living or for helping in you financial needs.

Gambling games are full of risk and should not be trusted to earn a money from it, play for fun always, so that you don;t have a regret in the end.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:37:16 AM

because gambling dream much profit

capital low is play gambling is high profit high income
is lucky, not lucky is zero money

Yeah many people can't understand to do.On mind just wanna fast money instand and fast, Gambling its just for fun not for fight with your life.

hahahahah that's right. Don't take too high risk in playing gambling. because this is just for fun. gambling is made for fun. not to become a greedy person. But if you don't know how to control yourself you will become greedy with money.

This is true. You can just put in a small amount of money, $25 dollars and see how far up you can bring it. This can entertain people for a while and if you end up winning, then that's just an added bonus on top of watching your balance build up.

definitely right sir, don't bet big amount. because for me betting in small amount is much more fun to play than to bet big amount then afterwards you will just lose that amount in a very short time.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

agree, as do the small bet much more enjoyable and much better in minimize the defeat. I also think that doing a bet with small amounts can give quite a good effect for us, because we have no desire to profit bigger and bigger again

yes, and if we just bet in small amount then winning afterwards that was just our bonus. If we lose at least we can bet again and we don't lose a lot of money. In gambling we just need a little patient and discipline. Smiley and Also just enjoy it don't take it too serious.
Only if we are betting with fun you will only enjoy the real benefit of gambling. Admittedly it is really addicting but it always depend on a gambler if he will let himself to be addicted. Greediness is what makes us addicted because  we are more focus on the amount we can win that the enjoyment we can get.

yeah, gambling is really addicting, but you were also right that it is also depend on a gambler. I think if you just bet in small amount and you just want to have fun and that's the time you will really enjoy the game, although lose or win. unless you want to earn in gambling.

I agree but I questioned those professional gambler how do they control themselves and still end up winning and getting a huge profit. There are professional gamblers out there that use to gamble for a long period of time but still manage not to lose all their money some of them even got rich with gambling.

really? do they cheat? or they are just being so lucky? I think they know how to control the game, or they have the strategy, I think they are playing in gambling for years and that's the reason why they know how to handle the game and always win.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:16:16 AM

Yeah many people can't understand to do.On mind just wanna fast money instand and fast, Gambling its just for fun not for fight with your life.

hahahahah that's right. Don't take too high risk in playing gambling. because this is just for fun. gambling is made for fun. not to become a greedy person. But if you don't know how to control yourself you will become greedy with money.

This is true. You can just put in a small amount of money, $25 dollars and see how far up you can bring it. This can entertain people for a while and if you end up winning, then that's just an added bonus on top of watching your balance build up.

definitely right sir, don't bet big amount. because for me betting in small amount is much more fun to play than to bet big amount then afterwards you will just lose that amount in a very short time.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

agree, as do the small bet much more enjoyable and much better in minimize the defeat. I also think that doing a bet with small amounts can give quite a good effect for us, because we have no desire to profit bigger and bigger again

yes, and if we just bet in small amount then winning afterwards that was just our bonus. If we lose at least we can bet again and we don't lose a lot of money. In gambling we just need a little patient and discipline. Smiley and Also just enjoy it don't take it too serious.
Only if we are betting with fun you will only enjoy the real benefit of gambling. Admittedly it is really addicting but it always depend on a gambler if he will let himself to be addicted. Greediness is what makes us addicted because  we are more focus on the amount we can win that the enjoyment we can get.

yeah, gambling is really addicting, but you were also right that it is also depend on a gambler. I think if you just bet in small amount and you just want to have fun and that's the time you will really enjoy the game, although lose or win. unless you want to earn in gambling.

I agree but I questioned those professional gambler how do they control themselves and still end up winning and getting a huge profit. There are professional gamblers out there that use to gamble for a long period of time but still manage not to lose all their money some of them even got rich with gambling.

really? do they cheat? or they are just being so lucky? I think they know how to control the game, or they have the strategy, I think they are playing in gambling for years and that's the reason why they know how to handle the game and always win.
FYI everyone, professional gamblers does not cheat but they know who is cheating and they just favor it by betting on the side of the cheat. For example, in sports betting some games are rigged just to beat the public, so to take advantage the professional gamblers will bet on the underdog which mostly wins.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:23:24 AM

FYI everyone, professional gamblers does not cheat but they know who is cheating and they just favor it by betting on the side of the cheat. For example, in sports betting some games are rigged just to beat the public, so to take advantage the professional gamblers will bet on the underdog which mostly wins.

I am not saying that they are really cheating the game, I am just asking. I can't believe that they are some gambles that will always take the profit from it without any deceiving them, So I guess they just really know how to handle the game or they know how to use strategy.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:39:09 AM

I am not saying that they are really cheating the game, I am just asking. I can't believe that they are some gambles that will always take the profit from it without any deceiving them, So I guess they just really know how to handle the game or they know how to use strategy.
Yes, because professional gamblers are very wise, they do not just master the game to win but they study their opponent, there principle is knowing their opponent will give them more chances of winning than knowing the game itself.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 08:09:09 AM

Because with gambling you can win so much money, with gambling you can rich , dont need hardwork just sit and play just let your lucky play and you will get big income.
No one gets rich to  gambling, and if you think having 1 btc will give you 500 btc profit then that's not the reality. People who can profit 500btc is already rich, how? Because they already have higher bankroll like example 10000btc. Gamblers who have higher bankroll can easily earn higher profit. That's how It goes. It's really impossible for people that dreaming a 1 bitcoin will make them multiply it, it will mostly make you lose your bitcoin rather than making a profit.

Getting rich from gambling is just an illusion and will never happen if you are just starting from small amount. Unless you are the God of Gambling, then maybe you can turn .00001 BTC into 1000 BTC, but that only happens on movies and not in real life. That illusion is just for greedy people, and gambling sites feed on that greed so that they get rich. Gambling addicts make the casinos rich not themselves.
tabas

Activity: 2982
Merit: 733

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:38:46 AM

Getting rich from gambling is just an illusion and will never happen if you are just starting from small amount. Unless you are the God of Gambling, then maybe you can turn .00001 BTC into 1000 BTC, but that only happens on movies and not in real life. That illusion is just for greedy people, and gambling sites feed on that greed so that they get rich. Gambling addicts make the casinos rich not themselves.

It is very awful when people thinks that they are going to be rich in gambling. I would say that is a yes but if you are only a player that is very impossible as the owners of gambling sites, casinos are the one that are benefiting it and are going to be rich with gambling.
Maybe that kind of thinking of gamblers is making gambling very addictive.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:41:17 PM

It is very awful when people thinks that they are going to be rich in gambling. I would say that is a yes but if you are only a player that is very impossible as the owners of gambling sites, casinos are the one that are benefiting it and are going to be rich with gambling.
Maybe that kind of thinking of gamblers is making gambling very addictive.

if the players could simoply get rich from gambling then everybody in this board would have been super rich by now because we are all gambling. and then none of these casinos would have been able to even pay for their website to keep it up and would have gone under.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:20:05 PM

I think gambling is designed that way. It is designed around a basic human emotion "Greed" the fact that many of the games are fun makes it even more attractive to our emotions. Everything about the system is designed to make you want to gamble. That is why it is so addictive.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:24:08 PM

because of gambling as a hobby. so that with the gambling then we will continue to play. very difficult to get out leave gambling. gambling impacts pleasure for those who are addicted.
SuckMyToys

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 02:57:24 PM

I think gambling is designed that way. It is designed around a basic human emotion "Greed" the fact that many of the games are fun makes it even more attractive to our emotions. Everything about the system is designed to make you want to gamble. That is why it is so addictive.
Yeah many people too GREED. and things him are heroes at this gambling then wanna make some different.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:44:51 PM

Gambling addicts more because even when you loose, you feel to play again.
and with sincerity and continuous game, it ruined his life. gambling addiction is very harmful.
if you want to end up with a life of destruction, then keep on gambling.  Grin Grin Grin
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:05:55 PM

because of gambling as a hobby. so that with the gambling then we will continue to play. very difficult to get out leave gambling. gambling impacts pleasure for those who are addicted.

yeah, that is all about the mental satisfaction that a gambling addict gets from his bets and the risk he is taking.
also a part of it is because of the delusions usually gamblers have about getting rich.

Yeah many people too GREED. and things him are heroes at this gambling then wanna make some different.

i suggest you stick to the local boards and post in your language because i have no idea what you are saying here!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
rio3233

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:06:41 PM

The problem is, that people are not accepted their losses when their bet lose. They become greedy and addicted because they want win back their losses.
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:10:11 PM

people think they are winning and after sometime we lose all. thats how it works no matter how good we play pr use any stratgy we will lose all. we cannot win from the house.

aranachristianjay

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

people think they are winning and after sometime we lose all. thats how it works no matter how good we play pr use any stratgy we will lose all. we cannot win from the house.

yeah you cannot win from the house if you continuously play a pure luck based game.

Try to play a gambling games that uses skills and strategy.

Like poker, because in that way you pose a great chance to win against the house and other gamblers if you are good in handling a cards and are skillful enough to compete.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: