Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
Jimbola3

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:13:12 PM

It's because of the big high you get when you win.  And when you lose you want to make that money back by betting more than the amount you lost to recover it.  It's a vicious cycle unfortunately.  thefeels

Very true and it has always done. I've also never done it, because at that time I was in need of a lot of money in a short time, so I did some gambling with great emotion and greed.
yeah gambling is all about making our mind more addictive, it doesn't matter weather you win or lose your addiction towards it will go on increasing and only one way to get out of it is just go to rehav and consult with the psychiatrist !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bithasher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:19:35 PM

Gambling is addictive because when someone loose money that doesn't consider his loss as loosing money. Many people think they are not loosing because someday will be their day and they will take back all the amount with interest by winning big once. In gambling both winning and loosing keep person hope and provoke to stay intact it is hope which makes it more addictive.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:25:40 PM

It's because of the big high you get when you win.  And when you lose you want to make that money back by betting more than the amount you lost to recover it.  It's a vicious cycle unfortunately.  thefeels

Very true and it has always done. I've also never done it, because at that time I was in need of a lot of money in a short time, so I did some gambling with great emotion and greed.
yeah gambling is all about making our mind more addictive, it doesn't matter weather you win or lose your addiction towards it will go on increasing and only one way to get out of it is just go to rehav and consult with the psychiatrist !

you have such a negative thinking about gambling.
things aren't that bad in gambling, or at least it is not this bad for everybody. a lot of us are in control and also make some small money on the side while having all kinds of fun gambling without getting addicted.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Hide_ip112

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:28:07 PM

exactly, all those who feel addicted in gambling will certainly be tough to get away from it and will always do gambling until they absolutely have the determination and a strong desire to stop gambling. How that might be done is to do activities that can forget bitcoin, consulted to family/psychiatrist.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:42:30 PM

exactly, all those who feel addicted in gambling will certainly be tough to get away from it and will always do gambling until they absolutely have the determination and a strong desire to stop gambling. How that might be done is to do activities that can forget bitcoin, consulted to family/psychiatrist.

You are right, it can be avoided if they are doing to do other activities that can get their attentions and get addicted into it.

That's the best way to avoid gambling is to get addicted again with other things.

Just like what you did in gambling and you became addicted with it.

Vires in Numeris
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:48:17 PM

The more higher bet mean the more higher profit, I also think this kind of bets made gambling more attractive, gambling is always attractive when we hear some extra ordinary type of success stories which make inspire other to get start gambling and avail their chance to get rich so quickly.

That's actually what catches my attention too before, when I saw what I could win from almost a scratch or no capital at all. Not to mention those who testifies that they win a lot because of their technique...So I think, your first impression about gambling is what could possibly be the key/reason on why you are addicted to it.

I was also once a victim of those propaganda endorsing a technique to always win on a certain gambling site. But instead of winning, I lose my bitcoins. That is when I accepted that I cannot win in gambling. So now, I just play occasionally with small amounts. No regret when I lost, but good vibes when I win.
eann014

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:08:46 AM

Although that is just temporary but we feel real job when we sometimes win in gambling and that is just normal as a gambler, on the next day we do gamble again longing to win more but we could end up losing.

We must accept whatever the results in the gambling but we must have the joy in doing it.

Yup! accepting really is the way so you would not regret and try to get back what you have lost in gambling in that way you will not have too many expenses in gambling and no frustration over what you have lost.

I don't think we can accept loosing while in that moment, But after that day you will just realize what you've lose before you can really accepts what happen. So after you realize what happen on that day be sure that you must learn something from it. small or big learnings must do. So for the next time you gamble you must know what will you do.

actually you have to accept some facts about gambling to be able to move forward with your life and not get addicted to it.

you have to accept that there is no life in gambling, and there is no consistent profit in gambling. only the house wins so either stop gambling or choose a game that doesn't need you to bet against the house and needs your skills to win.

Well, you were also right. We need to accept some facts in gambling for us to move forward and not get addicted in gambling. I think if you also learn something after you gamble it will also help you realise something. Smiley
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 07:14:49 AM

Gambling is addicting in the sense that every time you win it gives excitement to a gambler you cant even control your self even though your losing thats a very dangerous thing to do mostly which this situation leads you to a beggar if you sold everything just to gamble.  Grin.  Gambling is very addictive as it gives pleasure to everyone and dont mind that they already lossing their funds.

razdva

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:11:03 AM

Many people like to gambling and that is because you can have a lot of fun with it so that is really nice and you can even earn some money with it if you are lucky.
And people think that they can earn money in a fast way in gambling but that is actually not true.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:28:57 AM

Many people like to gambling and that is because you can have a lot of fun with it so that is really nice and you can even earn some money with it if you are lucky.
And people think that they can earn money in a fast way in gambling but that is actually not true.
If gamblers is addicted because of fun that is just alright because he will get boring when doing it regularly but it is a different story if you are addicted because of the money involved as you will never last in gambling.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:35:21 AM

If gamblers is addicted because of fun that is just alright because he will get boring when doing it regularly but it is a different story if you are addicted because of the money involved as you will never last in gambling.

Well, that's true, if you get addicted because of fun, you'll get bored sooner or later (like me). But if it is your way of earning, I think you would bury your self in debts or if not, you will go home and your family is gone. Gambling is really addicting when you give it a time and you know that you have already capitalized a lot in it.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

Well, that's true, if you get addicted because of fun, you'll get bored sooner or later (like me). But if it is your way of earning, I think you would bury your self in debts or if not, you will go home and your family is gone. Gambling is really addicting when you give it a time and you know that you have already capitalized a lot in it.
gambling is very makes people become addicted, either in having fun and making money fast. I am sure very many people in this forum that many make money from gambling, I guess they have their own way to win in gambling. but, I think if you can do it while having fun, the gambling will be a game very highly addictive

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
will on fire

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:47:05 AM

It's addictive cause you always hope to win more and more and more and then you loos
LightPulsar07

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:00:07 AM

i think why gambling is so addicting because of easy money because gambling can make your money doubled in one second
while playing but i think the frustrating part in gambling if you lose a lot of money you want to take it back in that way you can
be addicted in gambling.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
eann014

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:00:28 AM

gambling is very makes people become addicted, either in having fun and making money fast. I am sure very many people in this forum that many make money from gambling, I guess they have their own way to win in gambling. but, I think if you can do it while having fun, the gambling will be a game very highly addictive

Once you've entered gambling you've also entered a risky game. And we all want to win in our every game right but we all know that in gambling there is always a victory and defeat. And once you've always defeat in your every game you need to stop immediately. You can pick of the two either stop or continue, so if gambling  starting ruin your budget try to think of it. Stop or continue? Pick what you think is the best for you.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:41:44 AM

It's addictive cause you always hope to win more and more and more and then you loos
yeah greedy sense to continue to play and earn more profit will make you become an addict.
and perhaps the defeat will make you become addicted

escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 11:53:09 AM

Gambling is addicting in the sense that every time you win it gives excitement to a gambler you cant even control your self even though your losing thats a very dangerous thing to do mostly which this situation leads you to a beggar if you sold everything just to gamble.  Grin.  Gambling is very addictive as it gives pleasure to everyone and dont mind that they already lossing their funds.
That's very common, feeling excitement is not a sign of addiction cause all people feel excitement whenever they win. The anxiety whenever you lose and still want to play is one of the symptoms that you might have addiction.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 12:38:08 PM

That's very common, feeling excitement is not a sign of addiction cause all people feel excitement whenever they win. The anxiety whenever you lose and still want to play is one of the symptoms that you might have addiction.
That is just human nature when you feel like you wanna avenge your losses but what is more important in gambling is we should know when to stop fighting especially when we are fighting for a battle where our chance are very low and that is gambling.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:41:36 PM

The eager or greed to win makes gambling so addicting. That's why i i always play for a short time.
Getting addicted is a big fear of me. I don't want to ruin my life.
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 01:55:30 PM

The eager or greed to win makes gambling so addicting. That's why i i always play for a short time.
Getting addicted is a big fear of me. I don't want to ruin my life.
Yeah greed is what makes gamblers addict, i always win little by little then lose it all at once. it's a shame that i keep on gambling unless i lose all my coins. Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: