Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:12:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:08:12 AM

Realization is not an instant that you can realize that you need to stop when you lose. It may take a long process of you will a lot money before you really realize that you need to stop in gambling.

That's not true, there are people who don't need to fry themselves before they could realize things.. There is no such thing as too late for them...  But anyway, to be addicted, one must feel something extreme like too much winning or too much loss..Maybe a euphoria?  Cheesy

You said that there are people who don't need to fry themselves before they could realize things , means, not all people right? Yes, you have a point but for me there are SOME people don't realize their doings in an instant, which is why many people become addicted because what their mind dictates to them, they will just do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maslate

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:12:02 PM

Realization is not an instant that you can realize that you need to stop when you lose. It may take a long process of you will a lot money before you really realize that you need to stop in gambling.

That's not true, there are people who don't need to fry themselves before they could realize things.. There is no such thing as too late for them...  But anyway, to be addicted, one must feel something extreme like too much winning or too much loss..Maybe a euphoria?  Cheesy

You said that there are people who don't need to fry themselves before they could realize things , means, not all people right? Yes, you have a point but for me there are SOME people don't realize their doings in an instant, which is why many people become addicted because what their mind dictates to them, they will just do it.
Maybe I could say that humans does not trust humans and I think our addiction in gambling would prove that, when we see someone sharing his experience that he was once addicted in gambling and the result was never pleasant but still we do gambling even knowing the possible result and in the end we realize in a hard way base on our experience.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:16:01 PM

Maybe I could say that humans does not trust humans and I think our addiction in gambling would prove that, when we see someone sharing his experience that he was once addicted in gambling and the result was never pleasant but still we do gambling even knowing the possible result and in the end we realize in a hard way base on our experience.

Yeah, that everyone does have a curious, if the person is already experiencing an addiction. As well as those who are addicted to gambling, in each they get news or experience someone who loss in gambling, they just listen to it without seeing how they use gambling. So curious and thought is the key of the initial addiction
BicolIsarog

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:22:17 PM

Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.

"Problem gambling is characterized by many difficulties in limiting money and/or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others, or for the community."
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:53:06 PM

Gambling is only so addicting if you are winning unless you are just gambling for fun. When i am playing poker i don't care how much i lose or i win because poker is my favorite game.

"Problem gambling is characterized by many difficulties in limiting money and/or time spent on gambling which leads to adverse consequences for the gambler, others, or for the community."

It is only become a problem for most people because of gambling instead of preparing for the future of his family he will just keep on playing his earn money on betting, and instead of working so hard on work and getting a higher position he would just focus on getting the high bets and earn the instant cash in gambling worst thing is getting addicted and sinking deeply in it.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 02:34:39 PM

From my opinion the original is that everybody want to get rich in a day, everyone try to find the shortcut ways to reach their goals in short period of time, gambling is the only solution because we all think like that, so that by keep trying we get addicted of it and than no way left for us to do a good job in real life.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:27:20 PM

From my opinion the original is that everybody want to get rich in a day, everyone try to find the shortcut ways to reach their goals in short period of time, gambling is the only solution because we all think like that, so that by keep trying we get addicted of it and than no way left for us to do a good job in real life.

Even A well educated person has become addicted to gambling what else could a normal one, there is no one safe from getting addicted by gambling, but the question is who will be affected by it, nobody knows when or who will be affected by it. and when you do you will find it hard to conquer the addiction you can get from it.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 03:38:10 PM

I agree, many people want to get rich instantly. They are jealous to others that are rich. But that rich people didn't get rich from gambling, they've work hard for it to attain that life. Some wins from gambling through lottery but it is one in a million chance. So others try their luck to and they gamble until they can't control themselves from it and get addicted.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 07:52:03 PM

That's practically a part of it's nature, it's addicting and annoying in that as well, I guess the only way to avoid or at least is best way to avoid it is avoiding it from the start.

but i think it is because that gambling is such a shortest way of earning money. have less time cunsumer and no hard work physically or mentally. therefore people all the time thinking that they can earn money in a very very short time. it is so attractive that make people compel to do gambling again and again.

Yes you can earn money on gambling on a fast way if your lucky enough thats why people keep on playing and some of them end up on lossing all of their money. Gambling does not require skills or intelligence its a matter of luck just bet and your good to go. Just remember to control your self so that youll get addictive into it.
Never say we can make profits from gambling. In reality only we can develop our addictions with gambling no other go is possible. Gambling is just a matter of luck regardless of how intelligent or how skillful you are. Then making profits is truly impossible only getting addiction is the sole benefit from gambling.
praprata

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:09:03 PM

People want to earn more with their money then investment and so they gamble, then then win a little and see how easy it was, so they keep on playing.
So it's the greedy mentality of people which makes is addictive.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:21:04 PM

yeah I think everyone's goal is the same gamble that became rich from gambling or at least profit. I'm not too hypocritical. so I'm sure every ornag certainly know that gambling is a shortcut to get rich yeah if you continue to try to gain an advantage dijudi you will become addicted
deadsilent

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:34:04 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
I dont know, maybe in frustration. Compulsive gamblers keep gambling no matter the consequences, even when they know the odds are against them or they can't afford to lose.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:11:38 PM

yeah that is right, they dream that tomorrow they will be among the richer people of the world because of winning a bigger bet and in that they continue to bet, in some cases they win and in some cases they lose and they continue the same way and become addicted to there.
Erza
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 02:59:15 AM

That's practically a part of it's nature, it's addicting and annoying in that as well, I guess the only way to avoid or at least is best way to avoid it is avoiding it from the start.

but i think it is because that gambling is such a shortest way of earning money. have less time cunsumer and no hard work physically or mentally. therefore people all the time thinking that they can earn money in a very very short time. it is so attractive that make people compel to do gambling again and again.

Yes you can earn money on gambling on a fast way if your lucky enough thats why people keep on playing and some of them end up on lossing all of their money. Gambling does not require skills or intelligence its a matter of luck just bet and your good to go. Just remember to control your self so that youll get addictive into it.
Never say we can make profits from gambling. In reality only we can develop our addictions with gambling no other go is possible. Gambling is just a matter of luck regardless of how intelligent or how skillful you are. Then making profits is truly impossible only getting addiction is the sole benefit from gambling.

Nope you are just wrong in this, people sure can get every profit only if they are not greedy enough and have enough balance to cover your loss but in reality people are just greedy enough want to get more and more profit that is why they keep on losing everything. If you take it slowly I think it will sure profitable and faster earning in gambling
eann014

Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:05:17 AM

Yeah, that everyone does have a curious, if the person is already experiencing an addiction. As well as those who are addicted to gambling, in each they get news or experience someone who loss in gambling, they just listen to it without seeing how they use gambling. So curious and thought is the key of the initial addiction
And I think it is also more on experience, you will not get addicted to it if you will never try it. So for me, experience on one thing that make you lead to become an addicted person, and it is also depend on you if you choose to stay from that situation or stay away from gambling.
Maslate

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:24:06 AM

And I think it is also more on experience, you will not get addicted to it if you will never try it. So for me, experience on one thing that make you lead to become an addicted person, and it is also depend on you if you choose to stay from that situation or stay away from gambling.
If you are an experience gambler you are already matured and you cannot easily be addicted in gambling as you already learn your lesson, those people who are easily addicted are usually newbies who just love to gamble to win the money they dream.

Thinking that gambling is the easiest and fastest way to earn money is dumbest thing to think as it is very dangerous to act on it to reach your goal.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
aranachristianjay

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:55:24 AM

If you are an experience gambler you are already matured and you cannot easily be addicted in gambling as you already learn your lesson, those people who are easily addicted are usually newbies who just love to gamble to win the money they dream.

Thinking that gambling is the easiest and fastest way to earn money is dumbest thing to think as it is very dangerous to act on it to reach your goal.

Yeah an experience gambler are not addicted, but they are only not addicted when they already stop playing as they had learned their lesson with addiction in the game.

Newbies are most commonly fall to the addiction bait of the gambling, you are right.
But some and for those who play for fun, the it is different, those guys who only just play for fun tend to stay away of addiction because they already know that gambling is made to entertain and not to earn a money from it more than what you've lose, because it is what it should be.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:03:24 AM

Because when people experience winning, they will keep gamble until it fulfill his joy.
For other case, some people do some gamble because they desperate for their economy , there is no support from his family so they keep gamble until they loss everything they have.
As long as they have caring family, addicted gambler can be cure !

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Finestream

Activity: 2982
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:36:03 AM

Yeah an experience gambler are not addicted, but they are only not addicted when they already stop playing as they had learned their lesson with addiction in the game.

Newbies are most commonly fall to the addiction bait of the gambling, you are right.
But some and for those who play for fun, the it is different, those guys who only just play for fun tend to stay away of addiction because they already know that gambling is made to entertain and not to earn a money from it more than what you've lose, because it is what it should be.
No, experience gambler are those who gamble until now, they have lose their money in the past but they were able to make an adjustment to stay in the long run, they are playing to be entertain and at the same time to have fun.

Experienced gamblers can minimize their loses and maximize their income as they know how to control themselves.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:34:14 AM

People want to earn more with their money then investment and so they gamble, then then win a little and see how easy it was, so they keep on playing.
So it's the greedy mentality of people which makes is addictive.
to benefit the gamble was not as easy as you pointed out, they have to analyze the risks and opportunities as small as possible.
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: