Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 03:30:23 AM

I wouldn't know. I've tried gambling before from poker, to roulette, blackjack, slots and even some sports betting... never did I find it appealing or addictive, tho I like poker and still play it but for fun not for money but my dad, uncle and brother are betting day to day. I don't even find  sports that interesting tbh lol
Good thing you are not influenced by your family, that very unusual. Usually, when your relatives are gamblers you like to try what they are doing also as at first you will be curious. Better not try it if you do not have the interest and the skills, you'll never like what you will become if you do.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xdtiagonzhar

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:10:54 AM

I wouldn't know. I've tried gambling before from poker, to roulette, blackjack, slots and even some sports betting... never did I find it appealing or addictive, tho I like poker and still play it but for fun not for money but my dad, uncle and brother are betting day to day. I don't even find  sports that interesting tbh lol
Good thing you are not influenced by your family, that very unusual. Usually, when your relatives are gamblers you like to try what they are doing also as at first you will be curious. Better not try it if you do not have the interest and the skills, you'll never like what you will become if you do.

Yup i agree, you are amazing to not being influenced by your surroinding people that play gambling, and me too i like playing poker sometime just for fun and not using money definitely but its still depresing when lose after big win, lol Cheesy
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:38:00 AM

Yup i agree, you are amazing to not being influenced by your surroinding people that play gambling, and me too i like playing poker sometime just for fun and not using money definitely but its still depresing when lose after big win, lol Cheesy

Then you are still playing for profit and not for fun. If you just play for fun you won't feel depressed if you lose your money in gambling even if you already win. If you play wisely that time you should already withdraw your winnings and go home with a smile. Playing for fun is enjoying the game neither you win or lose. You won't take it deeply if you lose money after you gamble. And still come back again next time without thinking to recover what you previously lose.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 07:02:37 AM

Then you are still playing for profit and not for fun. If you just play for fun you won't feel depressed if you lose your money in gambling even if you already win. If you play wisely that time you should already withdraw your winnings and go home with a smile. Playing for fun is enjoying the game neither you win or lose. You won't take it deeply if you lose money after you gamble. And still come back again next time without thinking to recover what you previously lose.

Those are some people's belief that if you play for fun, you won't be affected. Some people are still affected because they don't know how to experience losses. There are people like that and those are just the people you know. Maybe around the world, relationships are being destroyed because of gambling. Families being torn apart because of the addiction. It's not healthy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:40:25 PM

I suggest you to just store most of your bitcoin in cold storage and print out the private key in paper and store it safe. This will make you unable to send bitcoin easily. I was also addicted to gambling before, and also delete bookmarks of gambling sites and clear the cache. Cool

I agreed with you pal, by the way I'm just being curious you said your a former addict gambler, just wanna know, how did you become free, I mean what did you do to get out in that zone of gambling, because we all knew its that easy especially if you are an addict in gambling?  This question of mine gonna help the questioner to his concerns either.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 01:47:23 PM

Those are some people's belief that if you play for fun, you won't be affected. Some people are still affected because they don't know how to experience losses. There are people like that and those are just the people you know. Maybe around the world, relationships are being destroyed because of gambling. Families being torn apart because of the addiction. It's not healthy.

well it's hard to not be affected in any way when it comes to gambling though. whether you play with or without monetary bettings, gambling will involve a lot of emotions so it's almost impossible not to get emotionally affected. anxiety, excitement, regret, these are just some of the emotions that people get while gambling and I think these emotions are also the reason why people are having a hard time distancing themselves from gambling

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Liang_Kubur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:07:02 PM

I'm sure this is because of the money, a lot of people look addict because they lose a lot of money so they will try to restore the defeat.
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:17:54 PM

Gambling is like any other hobby in life. Some people do it because they get addicted to the feeling they get when they place a big bet. Some get that rush from when they win big on a long shot. Same reason people skydive because in some way we are all adrenaline junkies. Some people just it in different ways.
But we cannot say it a a hobby because in hobby we spend or spare time in those activities which are beneficial for our life or our mentality while in gambling we do not find any benefit for life and if the person is involved in making money hen he will be much tensed if he will face any lose especially if he lose a high bet then it will be more harmful for his health.
jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:20:29 PM

Since it is a form of entertainment and amusement, there is a factor that makes gambling addicting. Just like drugs, it gives pleasure to our brain, and we want to experience that euphoria over and over again.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:24:42 PM

Well managing is the biggest problem as mostly when I invested just to gamble for fun my investment got over after 4 days. So I stopped for a while and did that again after 3 months but it got over in a day. So I would recommend who all just gamble for fun make it like 10-20 games per day of the minimum bet like that u can gamble maybe for a month also.

10-20 games per day? why would you do so if you have no intention to win? If you dont feel like going to play to win then dont play at all. It is silly to see people that actually treat gambling as a sake of entertainment, please just go and find another entertainment instead of wasting your time and money with gambling
I was just saying for example. I gamble for entertainment and that amount isn't so high. I spend around 5$ 3 times a year. So you are saying that someone can't spend even 5$ 3 times a year for entertainment purpose. It is just like watching a movie for me and i don't mind spending.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 02:51:25 PM

I'm sure this is because of the money, a lot of people look addict because they lose a lot of money so they will try to restore the defeat.

Of course alot of people are addicted however that doesnt mean they are addicted after losing alot of money. Some are actually addicted after they think that they have chance to win , I think so as well however Im not really addicted to this so Im still able to control to gamble what I can afford and invest mostly in gambling sites
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:42:34 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

actually, your the one who can know the answer personally. you continue because you became greed without a noticed,
you never see how much money you loss but you see often in your mind this time i can win the games, just like that simple.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:46:49 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

actually, your the one who can know the answer personally. you continue because you became greed without a noticed,
you never see how much money you loss but you see often in your mind this time i can win the games, just like that simple.
when you gamble, you may feel addicted, because gambling is a game similar to other games. when you feel the game is fun, and it can make you lose a sense of boredom, then at that time, you'll find it addictive, because the game is to make you feel comfortable.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

Why is it so addictive?

when you gamble, you may feel addicted, because gambling is a game similar to other games. when you feel the game is fun, and it can make you lose a sense of boredom, then at that time, you'll find it addictive, because the game is to make you feel comfortable.

more like it is some rush or something else or they escaping in gambling from wories in real life

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
combayn

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 10:45:09 PM

The greed and the desire to get/earn more is the thing that makes it addicting, there is even a body-based reason for that "related to brain secretion of hormones", I guess that's how it is.
janggernaut
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1130

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 01:37:42 AM

I&apos;m sure this is because of the money, a lot of people look addict because they lose a lot of money so they will try to restore the defeat.
Not really when they got losing, they are became addicted, it is called greed. Mostly people became addicted because when they are wining a lot of money and then they are thinking if they could make easy money from gambling without doing any job.
Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:09:13 AM

The greed and the desire to get/earn more is the thing that makes it addicting, there is even a body-based reason for that "related to brain secretion of hormones", I guess that's how it is.

Greediness is the real reason why gambling is addictive. When you play dice and you won a lot with your starting minimum amount then that will crave you to earn more and even higher. But of course if there are times that we are lucky, times of unluckiness will come also and when it happens to us, we want to take cover our losses.
Not necessarily, there are people who are desperate in life and they cannot even find a good job that pays them well to live a comfortable life. With this reality, they think gambling is the key for success and it's easy to access and they have seen people who were already successful. I really pity, this kind of thinking, they are ignorant in this world and they really need to learn in a hard way.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
.bets.io.
████████████████████████
..CASINO..
noictib

Activity: 966
Merit: 515

One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:24:39 AM

Greediness is the real reason why gambling is addictive. When you play dice and you won a lot with your starting minimum amount then that will crave you to earn more and even higher. But of course if there are times that we are lucky, times of unluckiness will come also and when it happens to us, we want to take cover our losses.
Not necessarily, there are people who are desperate in life and they cannot even find a good job that pays them well to live a comfortable life. With this reality, they think gambling is the key for success and it's easy to access and they have seen people who were already successful. I really pity, this kind of thinking, they are ignorant in this world and they really need to learn in a hard way.
Yeah , it is not necessary that the greediness of our mind making us addictive toward the gamble but the mind habit also a part of our thinking of daily job and also gambling addiction how much impactful on your mind depends upon the the network of the people in which you live .
But sometimes we things that we can do something better this time that what happened the last time but unfortunately happened the same thing every time which is loss .
Secondly most of people against enter in gambling to recover the loss that they made Earliar gambling loss in past .
But unfortunately most of the gambler may to be success to recover loss or to make money .
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:47:54 AM

People will always be ignorant no matter how you see it. Some people think that this is a good way of making money thus everyone follow this step when they see few actually be rich from this. Some people are actually rich from gambling however most people are ignorant enough to know that most actually lose
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 06:04:27 AM

every new people which playing gambling for first time will not say that greedy is the reason why gambling is addictive but if he is playing gambling again and again, soon or later, he can be addicting person in gambling and he don't realize that he become an addicting person. there is many example for this and we should know this and maybe this is happen with us too and we need to control our self in gambling.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: