Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:45:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:16:29 AM

I think its called vices, Once you had this things it will become a part of your body which everyday your looking for it to fulfill your satisfaction. and it will really be hard for you to give it up. Which is also you are in controlled by it.

When you choose to leave everything then you will leave everything. If you have the determination needed to leave then you will leave everything behind however when you have the slightest doubt then you cant do it. If you choose to stop then made sure you are determined enough to stop everything

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:13:35 AM

I think its called vices, Once you had this things it will become a part of your body which everyday your looking for it to fulfill your satisfaction. and it will really be hard for you to give it up. Which is also you are in controlled by it.

When you choose to leave everything then you will leave everything. If you have the determination needed to leave then you will leave everything behind however when you have the slightest doubt then you cant do it. If you choose to stop then made sure you are determined enough to stop everything
Yes of course you have the will to choose what's the best for you and if you are out of out of money how can you continue your addiction. With that certain situation you can decide to stop or continue if the amout you have in your pocket or wallet is not enough to do the other bets, and worst is everything will be loss in the next rounds. So  proper decisions will take over and extreme activites will be terminated, addiction will not happen and will not lead you to be addicted again and again.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:29:18 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
I think someone can be addicted to gambling is they have gotten a lot of loses and they are determined to get it back. I think that's why gamblers can become addicted to gambling.
mothergodness

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:34:50 AM

During gambling there is a hope to derail good profits and afford a lot. But you need to be guided by reason and not spend the last money in such an exciting lesson.

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:44:39 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
I think someone can be addicted to gambling is they have gotten a lot of loses and they are determined to get it back. I think that's why gamblers can become addicted to gambling.
Thats the reason why gamblers got addicted since they are already engage and they really serious to take their loses back and sometimes already those who are in a winning side also get attracted to keep playing back thinking that they can repeat what they have achieved before.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

Gambling is addicted becoz we all know that we are getting profit into it while we are loosing we us want more thrill i realliaze one thing while playing gamblimg the excitement the fun brings to our life when we are stress im thankful to gambling that i can lean my free time on him while waiting ye and getting profit in him is the best part.

Y U MAD AT ME
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:53:35 AM

Why is it so addictive?
Thats the reason why gamblers got addicted since they are already engage and they really serious to take their loses back and sometimes already those who are in a winning side also get attracted to keep playing back thinking that they can repeat what they have achieved before.
Exactly, those who have entered into the gambling circle will find it difficult to get a way out, like OP says "I quit for some time and then continue".
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:25:19 AM

Why is it so addictive?

i think the main reason is that all people know that gambling is such activity in which a person can win a lot in a moment and also can lose a lot in a moment but some people only think about gambling that they will win a lot of money in gambling  but when they lose so they gamble again to get their lose money and that's why they play it again and again, and get addicted to gambling.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:37:10 PM

Why is it so addictive?

i think the main reason is that all people know that gambling is such activity in which a person can win a lot in a moment and also can lose a lot in a moment but some people only think about gambling that they will win a lot of money in gambling  but when they lose so they gamble again to get their lose money and that's why they play it again and again, and get addicted to gambling.

I agree about that after losing a money they get back again and again as long as they have money in their saving. I experience about losing money by means of gambling and same feeling about it and when the moment that I win a little amount of money, I didnt take the risk to play again.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
cotton ball

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:47:08 PM

Why is it so addictive?

I want to add an opinion, in addition to that factor also because the mindset of most gamblers only hangs victory in a day just to play gambling and not share portions to other businesses, should the gamblers add focus level on more than one business to balance, economics can be normal and regular.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:51:41 PM

Why is it so addictive?

I agree about that after losing a money they get back again and again as long as they have money in their saving. I experience about losing money by means of gambling and same feeling about it and when the moment that I win a little amount of money, I didnt take the risk to play again.

The greediness of ones self is really hard to stop, but it is a demon or devil that needs to be slayed inside of us. But it can't be killed with just ourselves, we need help from our family and lived ones. Money is the main root why they are addicted to it, because it is the number one need of a people nowaday. That is why even after a big loss, they just come back and gamble again to try their luck that they think, they might win this time, but they will not.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:19:29 AM

it is very easy to say but difficult to apply, to me i think if a person is addicted to gambling then it not such an easy job to leave gambling. in fact gambling attract people to play and get a chance to become millionaire in a very very short time, although for most of the time people lose money but for every time their intention increase and for every time they invest money again and again.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:23:14 AM

it is very easy to say but difficult to apply, to me i think if a person is addicted to gambling then it not such an easy job to leave gambling. in fact gambling attract people to play and get a chance to become millionaire in a very very short time, although for most of the time people lose money but for every time their intention increase and for every time they invest money again and again.
Yes ,because if your mind is already in the system focusing on gambling the way is too hard to think for you to stop .Its like drugs that you keep on enjoying without knowing the effects on you. That chance is the attractable thing in gambling in which a person wants to play for it to try and try with time you will attach to it and sometimes to get addicted.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:02:59 AM

Even though I gamble a lot, I have never been addicted and will not call myself an addict, I always gamble within my means and I have never borrowed money just to gamble that's really stupid and only addicted gamblers do that. No one is guaranteed to win so why borrow to gamble at all.

BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:31:43 AM

Even though I gamble a lot, I have never been addicted and will not call myself an addict, I always gamble within my means and I have never borrowed money just to gamble that's really stupid and only addicted gamblers do that. No one is guaranteed to win so why borrow to gamble at all.

Some addicted on gambling are not borrowing money just to gamble. I think there are only few cases on that matter. Most of the gambling addict are rich that's why they a lot of money to loss and they don't care about it. There is no/few poor people that addicted on gambling because before they become addicted, their money will wipe out before they fully soaked in to it.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:37:57 AM

Because gambling is an fun activity. And every human being, prefers fun. That's natural, humans have emotions. All activities can actually cause addiction, not just gambling. However, it would be nice if the nature of the addiction is transferred to something more beneficial for ourselves or for our family.

well, basically to be able to get an advantage we must intelligently perform an estimate or a strategy well. Because each strategy will surely make us understand how can benefit, where every thing that is in gambling is very dangerous so that should make us cautious and always see every thing that exists therein. Keep in mind not just the gambling profits, but finding the right track

Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:02:28 PM

Why is it so addictive?

Because just like me everytime I lose I always continue to play, gambling gives you the excitement to win and the enjoying aura when you are playing. Gambling makes you to look cool if you win and ofcourse competetive. Gambling is a fun activity and many people use this somerimes to escape from thei sadness.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
alexsandria

Activity: 896
Merit: 268

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:04:53 PM

Why is it so addictive?

Because gambling is a very fun activity. Many people play gambling because they want to earn a lot. Even if they always lose they mindset will tell them to continue ro play because somehow they will get back all of their winnings plus they will earn a lot. They only need to have the positive mind and ofcourse right strategy.

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:07:50 PM

Why is it so addictive?

I think the reason why people always play and addicted to gambling eventhough they lose and lose is that greediness is all over them. Many people like the rich people lead to becoming poor because of greediness. Gambling is a fun activity yet it has some consequences if you somehow do not control yourself in playing it.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
favila

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 12:10:12 PM

It's so addictive for the same reason investing and reading about bitcoin is. It makes us dream of big wins and gives us an adrenaline rush when we see how much profit/loss we are in.

Researchers have actually shown that the same areas of the brain are stimulated when people day trade as when they gamble, the same for bankers doing investments and stuff. Its the rush and the dream that makes it all addicting.

Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: