Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:20:45 PM

The problem is even the local businesses accepting bitcoin, not all people using bitcoin even in my country it's like no one using bitcoin except me. So, i think it's like a bit useless if the local busines accept bitcoin but the people not use bitcoin.

It is really hard for a local store to accept bitcoin if there are only few bitcoin users in that place. But that is still going to be an advantage.

Because you are just the only one store that is going to accept bitcoin, what you need to do now is to market bitcoin and introduce it to the people.

Once you have done that you are going to start out to run your business properly with bitcoin.

Local stores are not meant to hold bitcoins that's why in the first place they aren't considering to accept it as one of their preferred payment method.

All of their products and services are mostly deals with fiat transactions so it's a risk for them to accept bitcoin. Even they have to accept bitcoin they will spend it quickly to circulate all products in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:37:47 PM

The problem is even the local businesses accepting bitcoin, not all people using bitcoin even in my country it's like no one using bitcoin except me. So, i think it's like a bit useless if the local busines accept bitcoin but the people not use bitcoin.

It is really hard for a local store to accept bitcoin if there are only few bitcoin users in that place. But that is still going to be an advantage.

Because you are just the only one store that is going to accept bitcoin, what you need to do now is to market bitcoin and introduce it to the people.

Once you have done that you are going to start out to run your business properly with bitcoin.

Local stores are not meant to hold bitcoins that's why in the first place they aren't considering to accept it as one of their preferred payment method.

All of their products and services are mostly deals with fiat transactions so it's a risk for them to accept bitcoin. Even they have to accept bitcoin they will spend it quickly to circulate all products in the market.

I think that it's not something serious problems for those who really understand about the bitcoin > because I see that the easier bitcoin owner and lovers online store shop online in any transactions made. They don't need to wait for confirmation of a lingering funding and also the owner can directly benefit 2 x/more (If knowing well the workings of the bitcoin)
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 02:55:32 PM

I also think this is the point, its a risk because its not a currency that is stable or something and that we can use easily these days.
It first needs to get a lot more popular before shops can even accept it because not a lot of people are paying with it these days.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 04:38:37 PM

I also think this is the point, its a risk because its not a currency that is stable or something and that we can use easily these days.
It first needs to get a lot more popular before shops can even accept it because not a lot of people are paying with it these days.

The fluctuation is actually the biggest reason that can stop a place to accept bitcoin as a payment because what would they do with the bitcoins if the price drops suddenly to come dollars? They would probably lose a lot of money as they cannot just exchange them as they earn them by selling something they would probably have a scheduled time for exchanging.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:52:22 PM

We don't need to do nothing, bitcoin is going to grow, and little by little to take piece's of the global market. When it prove itself on global plan, for bitcoin will be much easier to get into local areas. Thing is that world work on that way, and things happened in that order.
For now just people who believe enough in btc will risk to try some businesses, but as it well known early adopter's made good money, except of thinking about other businesses, we need to open ours and try to be early adopter's in our towns, villages, cities.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 10:02:14 AM

My country does not like the idea of coins that float in thin air (think about ether)  Grin

I tried to teach them about e-currency and their response was "Sir, Do you really want to buy anything or are you wasting our time??". Fiat is ruling here and to be honest I like it. I still can secure my bank wallet let alone my private keys  Grin Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:59:27 AM

True, bitcoin isnt popular all over the world and even some countries didnt even heard about bitcoin. Its a little bit   hard to convince a certain person or merchant to accept bitcoin on their businesses because they would surely refuse because they didnt even  bitcoin yet. If adoption on bitcoin would  be already progressive on a certain country then it might possible.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 01:48:10 PM

My country does not like the idea of coins that float in thin air (think about ether)  Grin

I tried to teach them about e-currency and their response was "Sir, Do you really want to buy anything or are you wasting our time??". Fiat is ruling here and to be honest I like it. I still can secure my bank wallet let alone my private keys  Grin Grin

Many places are like that yet as bitcoin was never properly introduced to them like fiat, fiat has been running from centuries so now suddenly they cannot turn their faces to something else and stop using fiat at once, they would probably need some time to adopt bitcoin.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:07:37 PM

I think we just keep on using bitcoin and this is already a kind of support for this program. If we do continue to grow then it may be way for those investors to settle down and think if it is really worth it to invest into crypto currency since the community is getting wider and the opportunity of gaining profit is really enough.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:29:52 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

Firstly bitcoin is not much popular which means that there will not be much transaction in bitcoin.

And if they don't have any profit they wouldn't start so I will not encourage them now but after a year.
jam1nut0

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 02:56:16 PM

Tell them that it is very easy for customers to pay for something
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 11:15:33 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

Firstly bitcoin is not much popular which means that there will not be much transaction in bitcoin.

And if they don't have any profit they wouldn't start so I will not encourage them now but after a year.

but actually they can get a profit with this if they target the market of bitcoin users and also it can give them great impact and exposure since only few merchant for now are accepting this coin, so if they will grab this oppurtunity well they can possibly get an free advertisement since their name will be stick to bitcoins fame if they accepted it, so thats why i think its win-win situation for online business sector to accept bitcoin since bitcoin craze are spreading globally.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cast12

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:50:22 AM

We can encourage local businesses to accept BTC by educating them about the pros and cons of bitcoin. The only thing that I can see that is troublesome is the setting up of an address to end the bitcoin to. But we could always use a bitcoin debit card Smiley.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 05:59:51 AM

We can encourage local businesses to accept BTC by educating them about the pros and cons of bitcoin. The only thing that I can see that is troublesome is the setting up of an address to end the bitcoin to. But we could always use a bitcoin debit card Smiley.

It isnt that easy to encourage them. People dont trust each other. If I introduce them a new kind of money which floats in thin air, then think I am trying to scam them. They are more interested in fiat - why? because fiat is accepted everywhere and can be exchanged everywhere. They are running businesses they know how to make deals and stay away from volatile currencies. The acceptance of bitcoin in my country is an absolute nil.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:39:22 AM

It isnt that easy to encourage them. People dont trust each other. If I introduce them a new kind of money which floats in thin air, then think I am trying to scam them. They are more interested in fiat - why? because fiat is accepted everywhere and can be exchanged everywhere. They are running businesses they know how to make deals and stay away from volatile currencies. The acceptance of bitcoin in my country is an absolute nil.

I agree with you encouraging local businesses to accept bitcoin is not going to be an easy task to do. It is just like you are going to propose to them so that you are going to able to encourage them in formal way. You must do some presentation just for them to be able to convince in using bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:03:17 AM

Encourigng local businesses to accept btc is a difficult thing to do as a one man army. To do this we have to let the business owners know that alot of people are prepared to pay with BTC and we have to show them the benefits of having low fees next to none etc. Maybe like this.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 08:18:47 AM

Encourigng local businesses to accept btc is a difficult thing to do as a one man army. To do this we have to let the business owners know that alot of people are prepared to pay with BTC and we have to show them the benefits of having low fees next to none etc. Maybe like this.
It requires a lot of process besides encouraging them as they will face problems such as converting btc to fiat money, your wallet account verification, also price volatility of btc compared to fat money. Some of which can discourage local businesses in accepting BTC.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:09:35 PM

I encouraged my local bakery to use it and now they do! I printed alot of info for them and showed them how much people use it and how it's not much effort for them to accept it and now they do so I think you just have to approach them and ask!
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:27:03 PM

All they want to see the local businesses is interest. If they see interested in a certain something then they see cash. For example with the pokemongo all the bars and restaurants started to profit from that. We can do the same with bitcoin we just have to go even more viral in the world of non tech people.
South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 06:36:36 AM

All they want to see the local businesses is interest. If they see interested in a certain something then they see cash. For example with the pokemongo all the bars and restaurants started to profit from that. We can do the same with bitcoin we just have to go even more viral in the world of non tech people.
While this is correct bitcoin does not have the appeal of Pokémon go, bitcoin is not a game is serious business so I think that while you say is correct about encouraging those business by showing them that accepting bitcoin is on their best interest, we cannot use the same strategy as Pokémon go.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: