Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:20:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:47:22 AM

If there is a demand from local customers paying in BTC, the merchants will accept Bitcoin as soon as possible. The problem is we don't have local Bitcoin community! How could we encourage them to accept it? The firs thing we should do is to encourage more ppl adopt Bitcoin before encouraging local businesses!

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:20:45 PM

If there is a demand from local customers paying in BTC, the merchants will accept Bitcoin as soon as possible. The problem is we don't have local Bitcoin community! How could we encourage them to accept it? The firs thing we should do is to encourage more ppl adopt Bitcoin before encouraging local businesses!

Yeah we need some team that handles the information and marketing part of bitcoin. The more the merrier.
It's time to realize we can make this work.. together..
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:23:12 PM

More information is the key to succes.
Please should be come aware and thus should we create awareness.
From there businesses will feel the ruge to join, because they are miss out.
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:29:43 PM

In my country, BTC atleast made it on televison.
From time to time it's on the news (television) and newspaper. It's not all negative they say, but most likely they are warning ppl, not to invest to much money.
Well it's, for me, obvious that you should NOT invest all your Dollars, Euros, or what ever into BTC, but i think it's smart to invest atleast a bittle. If BTC keeps growing, and, without a bubble like end of  2013, u see BIG times for BTC with all of its investors Smiley
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1960

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:01:20 PM

I did consider it, however, I live in a rural area - no one here accepts btc, so that's why I decided against helping a friend who owns a pizza place. I figured, if it failed on him, and noone used it, he might be mad at me. Rather not do that kind of thing to friends, just me I guess... Would have been cool to be like the first place in like 200 miles to accept it officially tho. Sad
PassThePopcorn

Activity: 465
Merit: 309

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:45:57 AM

I did consider it, however, I live in a rural area - no one here accepts btc, so that's why I decided against helping a friend who owns a pizza place. I figured, if it failed on him, and noone used it, he might be mad at me. Rather not do that kind of thing to friends, just me I guess... Would have been cool to be like the first place in like 200 miles to accept it officially tho. Sad

This does not seem like a good reason to not accept Bitcoin, its not like your friend needs to invest hours setting up a method of taking payment or a large amount of money in equipment.

Your friend can easily sign up at Bitpay for a free account, with it he can then have 30 transactions a month or $1,000 daily and if he goes over that he only needs to pay 1% per transaction.

Or he can just use a smartphone and QR code, send x BTC to the QR code on the counter and an employee checks to see if the BTC was sent. All he would really need is a cashier that can do simple math and can scan a QR code.
wikenpp

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:53:42 AM

In my country, BTC atleast made it on televison.
From time to time it's on the news (television) and newspaper. It's not all negative they say, but most likely they are warning ppl, not to invest to much money.
Well it's, for me, obvious that you should NOT invest all your Dollars, Euros, or what ever into BTC, but i think it's smart to invest atleast a bittle. If BTC keeps growing, and, without a bubble like end of  2013, u see BIG times for BTC with all of its investors Smiley

That's interesting. May I ask which country you reside in?
I've not heard of a country where bitcoin is getting attention on national television?
DeathProxyX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Earn by Forex. Try our services

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:17:07 AM

The way to encourage using of bitcoin it to make them easy to understand for all people. Now only a little bit of people know what is a Bitcoin

◄INVEST IN FOREX  AND EARN 10% DAILY● AVAILABLE A  FULL RANGE OF SERVICE FOR YOUR GAIN ►
Account Manager with loss refund policy, Forex Analisys, Trainig, Tips
Follow link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334480.0 
chokesir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 01:55:17 PM

I guess making the price less volatile is 1.
From there we should approach them and learn them about the potential of bitcoin.

It's a 100% sale if they learn about the low fees.

diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:48:53 AM

In my experience, I have a friend who's also a guitarist, who is in a buy and sell.one day he decided to sell one of his  guitar pedal to me, it is cheap but I am short on cash, I told him that if I make him a bitcoin address and pay him with bitcoin would accept? he told me that he can't use it, but when I explained to him that he could use it to buy things online or buy cellphone load, then he told me that he will accept in the sense that he will return it if he got no use for it. but he never returned it to me. My point here is that by using part money and part bitcoin, we could encourage people to use it. and usually those small businesses were the first to start it and probably they'll spread it to other small businesses.   Smiley

Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:39:14 AM

If, there are more number of Bitcoin users in your place, its easy to convince that local business admin to accept bitcoin. But if there's lack in bitcoim users, its really hard and might be useless. And that local business admin should at least have some basic knowledge about tech, so that its easy to convince him.

OR

You start a business and start accepts bitcoin as a payment gateway.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:58:58 AM

We encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin by firstly putting bitcoin stickers in the shops, near them, by making people being interested in this, talking with the employees and if we can talk directly to the director of a shop, explaining the pros and cons of bitcoin.

DeathProxyX

Activity: 252

Earn by Forex. Try our services

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:03:56 AM

We encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin by firstly putting bitcoin stickers in the shops, near them, by making people being interested in this, talking with the employees and if we can talk directly to the director of a shop, explaining the pros and cons of bitcoin.

Yes, it could be a good idea. Then is important to focus that if you use bitcoin you don't need bank  Shocked

◄INVEST IN FOREX  AND EARN 10% DAILY● AVAILABLE A  FULL RANGE OF SERVICE FOR YOUR GAIN ►
Account Manager with loss refund policy, Forex Analisys, Trainig, Tips
Follow link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334480.0 
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 07:43:02 AM

I don't think there is any good way to encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin. People have to realise for themselves.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 09:45:10 PM

I like this idea.
The moment they see stickers are any other promotion they will be intrigued as to what it is.
If they then read bitcoin beats any other payment form with speed and low fees, they will join our revolution.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:48:08 PM

This is very true... And when people in your local area start to adopt and store some of their wealth into Bitcoin, you should go to a business and just casually talk to them about Bitcoin. Maybe say, "Man, someone was just ranting and raving the other day about Bitcoin to me the other day, seems like everyone has... Has anyone talked to you about it yet?"... Or that kind of thing. Makes you seem more less annoying by just shoving info down their face right away. Plus if you start talking more about it I would just be like, "yeah, I would think if someone like your self started accepting Bitcoin for payments, I think you could gain an edge against your competitors."

Businesses always want to have some sort of edge against any type of competition. The hardest part of this whole thing though is to actually get local people interested in Bitcoin enough to purchase some themselves, rather than getting the businesses in on the action.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 01:39:30 PM

I don't think there is any good way to encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin. People have to realise for themselves.

For that We have to first spread the bitcoin like Share about article or anything which is related bitcoin to Twitter or facebook or whatsapp.

If common awareness comes in between the people mind automatically. Bitcoin will get the sense in the normal groceries and many shops.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 06:06:45 PM

If local businesses would be able to integrate bitcoin easily with online payments (i.e. bitcoin) they would be able to try it.
Currently there is no plug & play  method for them to 'try' it out.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:32:26 PM

Yes, it could be a good idea. Then is important to focus that if you use bitcoin you don't need bank  Shocked

But that's a lie, you do need a bank or some sort of online payment to even be able to buy bitcoins in the first place and you will eventually have to sell them to get dollars. Local business are not going to adopt bitcoin any time soon because it's simply not worth it for them, what are they gaining? A tedious payment method that can always go 100$ down in price in hours, so why would they use it?

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
jt byte

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:06:16 PM

If local businesses would be able to integrate bitcoin easily with online payments (i.e. bitcoin) they would be able to try it.
Currently there is no plug & play  method for them to 'try' it out.

Proper guidelines help, but they need more.
Remember these people are not techy at all.

An easy explanation about what bitcoin is and how it can be used is also needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: