Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
WillTat4Bitcoin

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:51:23 PM

I have accepted bitcoin 1 time for my business. Not many people really still know about btc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
not easy to encourage local and small bussiness to accept bitcoin,the only one should you do is getting closer to the owner,tell them about bitcoin,and tell them some reason that bitcoin would make their bussiness better.
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:50:51 AM

If the business is sending money to other country.
Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

faster,cheaper,low fee and anonymously. its benefit for long distance or undirect transaction with bitcoin,yes i think so,bitcoin easier to use in online transaction,its why not easy to encourage people who have real store or direct transaction to accept bitcoin,
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:54:31 AM

I have found that food truck operators that have the ability (and familiarity) to use an electronic payment system, are often really eager to hear about bitcoin. I'm guessing those guys aren't too picky about their customer base, but we got a snowball stand and a cupcake truck to accept btc after kicking it with the owners a bit. To be fair, they were hipster (not saying this as a slight, but a indication they are familiar with current consumer technology) but hey, adoption is adoption.
quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:42:28 PM

I have found that food truck operators that have the ability (and familiarity) to use an electronic payment system, are often really eager to hear about bitcoin. I'm guessing those guys aren't too picky about their customer base, but we got a snowball stand and a cupcake truck to accept btc after kicking it with the owners a bit. To be fair, they were hipster (not saying this as a slight, but a indication they are familiar with current consumer technology) but hey, adoption is adoption.
its normally happen,even people who have good knowledge about internet payment,they not easy to accept bitcoin as part of their payment,the problem is they too afraid with regulate of goverment to bitcoin.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:53:12 PM

If the business is sending money to other country.
Than I think is good to tell them that Bitcoin is a solution because is faster and cheaper.

faster,cheaper,low fee and anonymously. its benefit for long distance or undirect transaction with bitcoin,yes i think so,bitcoin easier to use in online transaction,its why not easy to encourage people who have real store or direct transaction to accept bitcoin,

That is the point! I make yours my words. The money last more and is more usefull on our hands in BTC. We can buy more for less because there is small fees, easy and fast transactions. People just need to start believing that BTC can be used on their routine like any other coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:16:05 AM

encourage local businesses to accept BTC is not easy,its depending how good knowledge of the store owner to internet marketing and internet payment,so far i getting hard to tell people to start accepting bitcoin as their payment.

quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:54:25 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

just tell them how good bitcoin is, share news about bitcoin in internet, tell about how bitcoin is safe with all that huge security so others won't use your money, tell them how it is easy to use, it may take some time but with time, more and more stores will accept bitcoins
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 03:06:28 PM

perhaps showing them the price of how btc goes down and raises back to get them confident into a cryptocurrency as i suppose right now because its digital, people can't see the physical product they might just use back the original currency
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:23:18 PM

just tell them how good bitcoin is, share news about bitcoin in internet, tell about how bitcoin is safe with all that huge security so others won't use your money, tell them how it is easy to use, it may take some time but with time, more and more stores will accept bitcoins

The above quote is a good description about bitcoin in local business. I believe at present bitcoin in business at present won't profit you much but the initiative made right now will lead to a great profit in the future days of bitcoin.
Adrorecia

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:58:32 PM

Just contact them and tell some profits they would make with the coin. Don't be to happy about it
and keep the facts real. If big company's want to deal with the coin other small ones will also be in for it.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:25:43 PM

Just contact them and tell some profits they would make with the coin. Don't be to happy about it
and keep the facts real. If big company's want to deal with the coin other small ones will also be in for it.

Depends on the level of a business big like you mentioned is preferred. But lets say if its a family business the odds of them to adopt it is not likely, depending on their financial situation.

The last thing a family business wants is a a price gamble on their heads.

Its way better if mid sized business adopt or the ones that have very good food traffic.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:41:48 AM

if youve got friends relatives with different trades of businesses you can set a meeting even start with a small group and defining bitcoin and its uses. and make sure you have the right tools in presenting it like examples of a wallet how it is being traded and so on.  if its difficult for them to pick things up just give them a simple idea about your topic and later keep in touch to make some follow ups or up dates to complete the information campaign your presenting.  Wink Smiley

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:11:42 AM

Its quite difficult to encourage the local because the price of bitcoin was up and down everyday, so it affected their income, maybe that is one of the reason the local difficult to accept bitcoin as a payment
Adrayrd

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

I think they would accept bit coins if there is more publicity for the coins. And of course they will accept
them when other big company's takes the first step. I know almost for sure if big company's first introducing the coin
others will follow as well.
Dr.Famous

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:03:38 PM

By just telling them that Bitcoins transaction doesnt have any fee.

Kelarid

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:26:03 PM

By just telling them that Bitcoins transaction doesnt have any fee.

The bitcoin transaction does have some fee. The average cost is about $0.04. It is much lower than Payapl.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:40:18 PM

I like to start with my money. If you want my money then you will have to accept my money, which is bitcoin.
I have helped many businesses in the last 5+ years to get set up with BTC. Normally I demonstrate the system by being their first bitcoin customer. Typically they choose to use a payment processor because it requires very little staff training and minimizes risks. This is also 2% less than a credit card and they receive a deposit in their bank account that same day. 

After following up with these businesses they often report few or no additional BTC sales. Some however have had great success and all have been happy to be able to offer an additional payment option with almost zero cost or obligation. So my advice is to "show them the money!"

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:41:03 PM

Well they have to see the advantages of the bitcoin, if they see the advantages they will soon or later use it.
The fact that its controllable by themselves makes it in my eyes pretty attractable.
BigBadBitBaron

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:00:59 PM

The main thing needed is to make bitcoin both more acceptable and more appealing.

I know the concept is built around a decentralised system, but there needs to be something built in to prevent the con artists from running away with your coins.

I really have no idea on how this can be done.  I run a SME with a few outlets, but would never dream of accepting bitcoin in its present form !!

I also run a couple of bitcoin faucets, but can never envisage linking the two.

Trust is a major factor in doing business, unfortunately Bitcoin just hasn't been able to reach the level of trust that would make mainstream business believe.

get mainstream business involved and public will follow

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: