Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 10:28:22 PM

First you need to get all the online retailers to start accepting bitcoins and then spreading the word out in the local business industry. Maybe workshops and seminars might help with this, online you can stream a seminar on youtube or any other video streaming site and out in the public you can invite people from the business industry to attend too.

I also think that we first need to have a lot more online stores accepting the bitcoin only on that we can also encourage other locally company's.
The bitcoin also needs to get more used before this is gonna happen!
yes that is also a fact. and our area that is such a difficult job i think because in our are the local business men are mostly ignorant and they do not have any idea about computer and internet. they also have no idea about bitcoin. so it is really a difficult job.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:15:29 AM

First you need to get all the online retailers to start accepting bitcoins and then spreading the word out in the local business industry. Maybe workshops and seminars might help with this, online you can stream a seminar on youtube or any other video streaming site and out in the public you can invite people from the business industry to attend too.

I also think that we first need to have a lot more online stores accepting the bitcoin only on that we can also encourage other locally company's.
yes that is also a fact. and our area that is such a difficult job i think because in our are the local business men are mostly ignorant and they do not have any idea about computer and internet. they also have no idea about bitcoin. so it is really a difficult job.
you might be right,but i think i would say it other way.
They are ignorant,but you need to not forget about that it is not probably worth to launch something like this,if their client's even dont ask about bitcoin,why should they do something like this? stupid idea right? hahaha
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 12:48:41 PM

Local businessmen are not dealing with the internet too much. Which is why millions of local shops dissapear and will keep dissapearing. They can't compete with the internet shops, since internet shop are cheap and have less cost (of a prime location in a shopping mall f.e).
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:06:27 PM

They are ignorant,but you need to not forget about that it is not probably worth to launch something like this,if their client's even dont ask about bitcoin,why should they do something like this? stupid idea right? hahaha

This. After a while, they asked merchants that had started accepting bitcoin how many customers were still paying in bitcoin. It seems after an initial burst of spending, the novelty wears off and people go back to spending fiat. This was seen in UK, and that little town that had the 'bitcoin bowl'.
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:41:32 PM

This. After a while, they asked merchants that had started accepting bitcoin how many customers were still paying in bitcoin. It seems after an initial burst of spending, the novelty wears off and people go back to spending fiat. This was seen in UK, and that little town that had the 'bitcoin bowl'.
What the hell is a bitcoin bowl,lol?
I would like to pay taxes in bitcoin's lol that would be really cool but i guess the governement would cry a lot if someone would want to implement this Grin
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 04:50:06 PM

I think you can explain that bitcoin is money and it is simple, new innovation and more safe than reversible services payment are like paypal, skrill and neteller. With use bitcoin it will take costumers from another countries not local only.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 05:04:28 PM

I think you can explain that bitcoin is money and it is simple, new innovation and more safe than reversible services payment are like paypal, skrill and neteller. With use bitcoin it will take costumers from another countries not local only.

If their business is running on fiat, it will really take a long time to consider adding bitcoin payment as an option since price fluctuates and $1 value of bitcoin is not $1 value in just few days.

This kind of system required a brainstorming on how a merchant will deal with bitcoin's active price fluctuations.
Intristing

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:06:27 PM

If their business is running on fiat, it will really take a long time to consider adding bitcoin payment as an option since price fluctuates and $1 value of bitcoin is not $1 value in just few days.

This kind of system required a brainstorming on how a merchant will deal with bitcoin's active price fluctuations.

That is right. In order for the bitcoin price to be stable so that more people will use it, we need some price stability mechanism.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 01:29:41 AM

What the hell is a bitcoin bowl,lol?
I would like to pay taxes in bitcoin's lol that would be really cool but i guess the governement would cry a lot if someone would want to implement this Grin

You are gonna love this  Grin
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg_Bowl

We don't talk about this anymore, because it ended badly.
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 02:36:14 PM

The best idea to encourage local businesses to accept btc for me is just show them how many of their
customers use/earn in bitcoins,they could be really amazed and implement bitcoin payments,and that would be really cool!
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 03:51:53 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

How do you go about approaching them and what is it with you?
Those businesses may ask this question to you, so will you earn too if they adopt BTC when they are selling noodle soap on the streets? But then halving them use Bitcoin can certainly help spread the word about bitcoin and the Economy.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 04:44:28 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.

Those businesses may ask this question to you, so will you earn too if they adopt BTC when they are selling noodle soap on the streets? But then halving them use Bitcoin can certainly help spread the word about bitcoin and the Economy.

I have a simple solution.
Just hire one person more in you're business,which would ask people about if they would like to pay here
with bitcoin's,online or at the shop.
It is not hard to get research,right? At least that what i think.
Intristing

Activity: 227

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 01:27:37 PM

Just hire one person more in you're business,which would ask people about if they would like to pay here

It is difficulty to pay the goods in the shop. The confirmation time is too long. It can only be used online.
Equinoxx

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:42:20 PM

It is difficulty to pay the goods in the shop. The confirmation time is too long. It can only be used online.

Maybe in the future these confirmations will be <10 minutes. But for now this is a problem for stores that has a long line of customers.

-.sgmf
escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 03:37:01 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
First you need to introduce bitcoin, some merchants don't know what bitcoin is and more probably in third world countries that I'm living. Just plan to start first to give waiver that states what is bitcoin and if they want to know visit the specific address and date, like having an event. Then have the event on an area where more people is use to walk and maybe they can notice you and listen to you.
amine14madrid

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 01:43:54 PM

Make a good presentation about bitcoin and how it works. Include the current list of businesses or company that is using bitcoin as a payment method. Engage them in a definite example of receiving and sending bitcoins to one address to another. Last but not the least is to tell them that accepting bitcoin as MOP will surely result in increase of sales..
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 02:14:56 PM

Make a good presentation about bitcoin and how it works. Include the current list of businesses or company that is using bitcoin as a payment method. Engage them in a definite example of receiving and sending bitcoins to one address to another. Last but not the least is to tell them that accepting bitcoin as MOP will surely result in increase of sales..

This is effective if you working in a merchant company then you will show some proposals.

But if you are just a normal person requesting it in a merchant, then it will goes thru a hard way before they will hear your concern.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:04:16 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
First you need to introduce bitcoin, some merchants don't know what bitcoin is and more probably in third world countries that I'm living. Just plan to start first to give waiver that states what is bitcoin and if they want to know visit the specific address and date, like having an event. Then have the event on an area where more people is use to walk and maybe they can notice you and listen to you.
You can also do an online group for businesses that want to know about bitcoin. Ask them first and make them know what's the benefit of bitcoin for them, once they got curious give them time to meet you and explain all the things that they need to know.
escrowboy

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:34:20 PM

Local businessmen are not dealing with the internet too much. Which is why millions of local shops dissapear and will keep dissapearing. They can't compete with the internet shops, since internet shop are cheap and have less cost (of a prime location in a shopping mall f.e).
I agree, I've been in BPO industry before and what we do is to call a person that owns a certain business, unfortunately we can't talk that long because the guy has a full load on his time so he can only have 2 minutes of conversation, they don't even have time to sit in front of their computer.
hermanhs09

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 11:59:56 PM

The best way to encourage local businessness is just showing them that bitcoin is known very good.
It is popular,many people uses it and it is fairly great to pay for anything.
Isn't just perfect for them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: