Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
TheSnow

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:06:40 AM

Yes I agree with this but as a customer of said shop it's very difficult to educate the owner of the shop about bitcoin.
They will be looking crazy if I walk in there trying to explain bitcoin, they'd probably think I would try to sell them something.

This is the most hard thing in bitcoin community.How can we tell the other for using bitcoin especially for the merchant owner.When we wan to explain the advantage of bitcoin to them,they think wan we wan to sell something and in the end,they ignored us.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:15:07 AM

Explain bitcoin and the way it works, and how can bitcoin can expand their customers . Telling some personal experiences with bitcoin will be great also, Well if you got some proofs it will be a great help.
Before you're could wanna for let them know about bitcoin or trying for tell them, please analyze your environment before and seeing how many the potential your environment about bitcoin payment, so you just not tell them a bullshit, supporting with the accurate data and may there will think for a twice accepting bitcoin.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:23:18 AM

It will be difficult to really encourage local businesses to use bitcoin cause eventually we are just customers and not business advisors.
Somehow you have to get them to look up bitcoin for themselves something has to spark their interest about the options.
Yes exactly they wont easily trust someone especially consumers to just use bitcoin, it will be hard to encourage them because they were careful in every actions they make. if you know personally a friend who is a business owner, its good to start convincing him because you are not stranger he might listen.

Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 10:58:17 AM

You can encourage local businesses only by showing them what are the benefits of bitcoin and how simple it is to use it.
For this we would probably need a stable price first because why would they want to adopt in it's current state.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 11:11:28 AM

You can encourage local businesses only by showing them what are the benefits of bitcoin and how simple it is to use it.
For this we would probably need a stable price first because why would they want to adopt in it's current state.

Its not that easy. I have tried it myself with the most professional methods possible. The people just laughed at me and said "Sir, do you have anything to buy at all?" "We are not interested in this ponzi scheme so go away with you fake information" Angry Angry

They even started joking that I need to see a doctor to check my brain. Grin Grin

It will take several more years to get adopted properly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:32:14 PM

In my view it's better to accept bitcoin in our business rather than explaining someone who is new to the bitcoin as well other digital currency usage. Even now if people hesitate soon they will realise the true potential of bitcoin and start using it, because bitcoin and digital currency network is getting more popularity these days.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 03:50:05 PM

Its not that easy. I have tried it myself with the most professional methods possible. The people just laughed at me and said "Sir, do you have anything to buy at all?" "We are not interested in this ponzi scheme so go away with you fake information" Angry Angry

They even started joking that I need to see a doctor to check my brain. Grin Grin

Well, that was very rude, but at the end of the day it’s their loss, not yours keep yourself on the forum and keep learning and obtaining bitcoin and at the end of the day you will be laughing all the way to the bank, oh wait, with bitcoin we are our own banks and we don’t need them. LOL. Tongue

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Adaleon

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 06:33:22 PM

We can simply encourage them by saying its a nice investment and that you can make some nice amounts of money with it too if you are doing it on the right way.
I also think that is the fact because its a investment and by holding already profit is mostly there.
mrzell

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:37:19 PM

In my experience, if your going to go one by one and try to introduce them to BTCitcoin and explain how it works in order for them to accept payments of BTC , it would be really a lengthy process and you'll stop doing it before you start so the best suggestion I could make is either by making a mini seminar wherein you invite them altogether and talk about it and even show some of the YouTube videos that well known speakers of community are in and they cover almost everything... And in cases of online local businesses, you could try to send them a support ticket regarding the matter and I've had luck that they answered, "were already reviewing BTCitcoin payments and will consider it for the future" .

Good suggestion
Galiatram

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:36:48 AM

We can encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin by informing them what bitcoin is and how it can be productive for their business.
As a business owner money talks so make the money talk and they'll join within a second if they see alot of ask for bitcoin payment method.                                                         

Most likely you can already make them interested with the part the bitcoin is already profitable by accepting it and than holding it.
Most likely they will like it, everyone wants to make some money.
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:08:39 AM

We can encourage local businesses to accept Bitcoin by informing them what bitcoin is and how it can be productive for their business.
As a business owner money talks so make the money talk and they'll join within a second if they see alot of ask for bitcoin payment method.                                                         

The way to encourage the local business, it is right, but we know about it that local businessman are not using the enough online system and also in my country majority of those kind of business man who don't know about internet and they prefer to work in written.
But i accept it if local businessman use the bitcoin in their business than definitely it is useful for them, but it is time taking work and people need time to know about bitcoin.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 05:50:12 AM

Well, that was very rude, but at the end of the day it’s their loss, not yours keep yourself on the forum and keep learning and obtaining bitcoin and at the end of the day you will be laughing all the way to the bank, oh wait, with bitcoin we are our own banks and we don’t need them. LOL. Tongue

It's their loss?? Are you crazy?? They have succesfully maintain and getting profits out of their business and you think that is their loss if they accept bitcoin??

What do you think of business owners if they will accept bitcoin, they will saved it? Wrong! They will rotate and circulate it to use to buy again some products to be sold.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2016, 05:56:23 AM

It's their loss?? Are you crazy?? They have succesfully maintain and getting profits out of their business and you think that is their loss if they accept bitcoin??

What do you think of business owners if they will accept bitcoin, they will saved it? Wrong! They will rotate and circulate it to use to buy again some products to be sold.

I suggest you read the messages before posting any new post. If you read my earlier message I explained how the owners laughed at me when I tried to teach them and make them aware about bitcoin.

Instead they started joking at my words and thought that I was trying to promote some scam and kicked me out - wxa7115 pointed out that this was rude of them and that the "owners" are at a loss SINCE they were not ready to accept bitcoin

I guess you did not read the messages properly and that is why you got the message all wrong

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 07:53:27 AM

We can simply encourage them by saying its a nice investment and that you can make some nice amounts of money with it too if you are doing it on the right way.
I also think that is the fact because its a investment and by holding already profit is mostly there.

Indeed we can only do this, because it was something very powerful or easy to do. different than we do by way of introduction to the visual or media or advertising, it's almost the same with the introduction of the orally but it needs a lot more funds than have to do with oral.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 08:18:18 AM

Don't encourage them just let them decide by themselves with no pressure. We have to get bitcoin more known trough commercials etc.
If they see it trough ads they will look it up by their free will and they will see all the benefits and people using it so it will be very attractive.

This might be the best way although I foresee problems if a business owner would check out bitcoin and see how unstable and volatile the price actually is.
This could cause them to lose money and losing money is a big nono for businesses obviously.
senyorito123

Activity: 1722
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 10:26:11 AM

Don't encourage them just let them decide by themselves with no pressure. We have to get bitcoin more known trough commercials etc.
If they see it trough ads they will look it up by their free will and they will see all the benefits and people using it so it will be very attractive.

This might be the best way although I foresee problems if a business owner would check out bitcoin and see how unstable and volatile the price actually is.
This could cause them to lose money and losing money is a big nono for businesses obviously.

Its Because it's really hard for them to see if only individual will push this coin to be added by companies or some other institution of people, and the best thing for it is really let them find ways to like the bitcoins itself and discover how big the market and the possibilities for this coin to get more potential to surge in the future, and im sure if they will see that surely many of them will surely jump off and grab the oppurtunity of bitcoins they can get and achieve, bitcoins has it's own ways to get exposure and the matter their is let's wait for them to analyze it properly.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 02:36:33 PM

It is all about proper impartation of or knowledge about bitcoin and we have to educate them very precisely on what are the benefits that they can get if theycarw going to use bitcoin as a payment

Indeed but as a business aren't you looking for a stable currency instead of a volatile one where anything could happen?
What if you make a big sale like 2k at once in a mediocre shop and then bitcoin drops by 50% and you lose half that would kill you.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:28:08 PM

That's my point in the past, no need to force them since they know what will be good for their local businesses.

Also business owners are not meant to store and save bitcoin for long as their sole purpose is to circulate all their money for their investment to make it run.
mrzell

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

Good thread btw...
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 12:20:48 AM

It is all about proper impartation of or knowledge about bitcoin and we have to educate them very precisely on what are the benefits that they can get if theycarw going to use bitcoin as a payment

Indeed but as a business aren't you looking for a stable currency instead of a volatile one where anything could happen?
What if you make a big sale like 2k at once in a mediocre shop and then bitcoin drops by 50% and you lose half that would kill you.
That is only a problem if they keep their bitcoin, with third party services it may be possible to accept bitcoin in the store but to receive fiat directly instead of bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: